Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    For those who are having problems with SPB Mobile Shell not working, please make sure that you only have SPB MS 2.1 Build 3363. Any version later than that will not work with RealVGA at 96dpi as SPB is not supporting 3rd party developed software.

RealVGA at 128dpi will work fine with SPB MS 2.1.1 onwards though...
    This is my setup.

Using Throttlelauncher.
    Quote Originally Posted by NBAJ2K View Post
    just wondering, how are people placing calls without having the "Type a name or number" line on their today screen? I was hoping to use Ultimate Launcher and put that on one of the tabs if at all possible, unless there is another program people are using to place calls. Is there another one that people have been using? I know you can still go to contacts or dial pad to type the number, I just wasn't sure.

I currently have RealVGA loaded with the Diamond theme, not sure yet if I'm going to keep it or not yet, but I definitely like having a little bit more screen real estate. Anyone know if there is a Phone Alarm skin that would fill the whole line when RealVGA is loaded? The icons don't go across the whole line.

Also Malatesta, how were you able to get those icons for the different programs all on the same line across the bottom?

Thanks,

~J
    Can you please post your PhoneAlarm skin here?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 800w4me View Post
    The Lookup Field (Type a name or number) is ALWAYS running, you simply have the option of hiding or not (Menu-Hide Lookup Field).

Even with it hiding, when you press any number the Lookup field pops up.
    When RealVGA is loaded it does not pop up though unfortunately. Thats what I am trying to get working.

Any suggestions by anyone? I've followed the directions from the poster insol in other threads but I can't get it working.

~J
    Some updated screens.

Apps: UltimateLaunch, TreoAlert, SPB Insight, TodayAgenda, & WeatherPanel
    Theme: ClassicBlack
    Background: Photo-shopped image

Tab 1: Favorite programs and some tools
    Tab 2: Stock speed dial
    Tab 3: Tasks (TodayAgenda plugin)
    Tab 4: WeatherPanel plugin (with PhatPhinger theme, Phat+ 150.wpl layout, & Stardock QVGA Animated icons)
    Tab 5: Favorite websites and games plus stock Maps plugin and RSS feeds (SPB Insight plugin)

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g00ndu View Post
    This is my setup.

Using Throttlelauncher.
    Just wondering if you had to use RealVGA and are using 96dpi.. Or is this just standard 128dpi..

Looks really neat..

Did you just go to the ThrottleLauncher Website and install the 2 files from there or was anything else required to accomplish this??
    Are all your notifications - sms, mail and missed calls working fine?
    Do the buttons map to the right applications - for eg. when you click on a sms alert, does it take you to the messaging app?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g00ndu View Post
    This is my setup.

Using Throttlelauncher.
    I really like this one. I may have to try out Throttlelauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
    Just wondering if you had to use RealVGA and are using 96dpi.. Or is this just standard 128dpi..

Looks really neat..

Did you just go to the ThrottleLauncher Website and install the 2 files from there or was anything else required to accomplish this??
    Are all your notifications - sms, mail and missed calls working fine?
    Do the buttons map to the right applications - for eg. when you click on a sms alert, does it take you to the messaging app?
    There is some editing that need to be done of course, since TL is catered to the mass majority of QVGA device. But the editing that need to be done is relative easy. For those that need help, you can always post here or in the TL forum.

SMS? You can read sms straight from the today screen! Clicking on the message itself will bring you to another program showing the contents of the sms again. I have edited it to let it go straight to the sms inbox.

mail? From the mail tab, one can only see the sender and the header. Clicking on the mail will bring up the program which showed the content as well. Click again and it will bring you to the mail. Again, I have edited it by bypassing the program.

Missed call is working fine.

Try it it is free.

P/S: For those who love WM7 theme, hop over to pocketmax forum and search for iwise theme (designer is wisen). He had done up a very clean today plugin using Phone Alarm, all versions are available, qvga, sqvga, vga

Edit: It is running at 96dpi.
    Last edited by g00ndu; 08/19/2008 at 07:33 PM.
    does SPB Mobile Shell drain your battery? it does mine like crazy, which completely takes any enjoyment out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I've made some serious customizations and I have it where I really like it. Here are the main components:
    • SPB Mobile Shell

• SPB Diary

• Weather Panel

• SPB Insight

On the first tab, I have:
    • Speed Dial

• Web Search

• Maps

• SPB Insight

On the second tab, I have the standard Calendar tab from SPB Diary.
    On the third tab, I have the Messages tab from SPB Diary.
    On the fourth tab, I have the Special Events tab from SPB Diary.
    On the fifth tab, I have Weather Panel with the Phat Phinger layout.

The theme is Blue Abstract 6.

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by julls View Post
    does SPB Mobile Shell drain your battery? it does mine like crazy, which completely takes any enjoyment out of it
    I stopped using SPB Mobile Shell and Pocket Plus. I only use SPB Diary for the tabbed today screen. It's really just as good to me. I find I don't need any special launcher, because I use QuickMenu to launch programs pretty easily. I like the small icons of SPB Diary. Here is my most up-to-date today screen:

The theme is Theme_PPC_Moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by julls View Post
    I have had Mobile Shell on mine since day one and never was an issue for me and after the tweaks I get 2 days on a charge (with normal usage) . How did you know it was mobile shell. Just curious. I consider Mobile shell the best App on my 800W. I honeslty would rather get rid of my 800W then get rid of mobile shell.
    Where did you get that time plugin? Its nice & large which is handy!

Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post

I am seriously leaning towards returning this phone and going back to my Q9c
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Where did you get that time plugin? Its nice & large which is handy!
    It's a nifty little freeware app called Pocket Digital Clock, which is also part of my Today screen as you can see in the post below. You can download is here: http://project.ionized.googlepages.com/pdc
    Here's my today screen:

Disclaimer: My Today screen is using Real VGA for the 800w set at 96dpi (download)

Today Screen plugins:

- Pocket Digital Clock (download) FREE!
    - SBSH iLauncher (download) $14.95
    - WeatherPanel (download) with PhatPhinger 320x320 theme (download) and Stardock QVGA Animated Icons (download) FREE!
    - phoneAlarm (download) $28.12 (after Euro conversion) with Samsung i780 320 pixel custom skin (download)
    Hi, I'm new to this forum; just got my 800w and I'm coming from years of POS use so WM6.1 is completely new to me and overwhelming.

I've just spent the last 14 hours reading all 25 pages and I have a pretty solid idea of what needs to be done.

BUT! For the life of me I CANNOT figure out how to remove the text from the icons in Ultimate Launcher! It's driving me up the wall - everyone's screen-shot of UL has NO text over their icons but I can't find that option anywhere...

Is it b/c of the screen res and the option is hidden below?

Thank you,
    Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum; just got my 800w and I'm coming from years of POS use so WM6.1 is completely new to me and overwhelming.

I've just spent the last 14 hours reading all 25 pages and I have a pretty solid idea of what needs to be done.

BUT! For the life of me I CANNOT figure out how to remove the text from the icons in Ultimate Launcher! It's driving me up the wall - everyone's screen-shot of UL has NO text over their icons but I can't find that option anywhere...

Is it b/c of the screen res and the option is hidden below?

Thank you,
    Adam
    In the 'Headers' tab of the main UL config screen set the 'Height' attribute to '0'.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    In the 'Headers' tab of the main UL config screen set the 'Height' attribute to '0'.
    Thank you! I'll give that a shot when I get home from work!
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    OK, how do you get the icons that look so good. My icons suck, to small if I go to big the look funny.

Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    Some updated screens.

Apps: UltimateLaunch, TreoAlert, SPB Insight, TodayAgenda, & WeatherPanel
    Theme: ClassicBlack
    Background: Photo-shopped image

Tab 1: Favorite programs and some tools
    Tab 2: Stock speed dial
    Tab 3: Tasks (TodayAgenda plugin)
    Tab 4: WeatherPanel plugin (with PhatPhinger theme, Phat+ 150.wpl layout, & Stardock QVGA Animated icons)
    Tab 5: Favorite websites and games plus stock Maps plugin and RSS feeds (SPB Insight plugin)

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Malatesta, what's your YouTube icon pointing to? CorePlayer, youtubeplay.cab, TCPMP, a path to YouTube in IE, something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    OK, how do you get the icons that look so good. My icons suck, to small if I go to big the look funny.
    Actually, a lot of trial and error. I posted parts of my ini file earlier, if that helps.

This site was also useful (can also see some full screens of the config):
    http://www.sprintmogul.net/Forum/tab...s/Default.aspx

For icons, you may want try some of these sites:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=378260&page=4

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386213

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=379229

http://www.iconspedia.com/