Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Just wish i can switch between WAD and the real today screen withoutclosing the WAD
    is there instruction on using UL?

I want mine to look like this :-) well... maybe have some personal touch
    thx for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    I haven't made any huge changes, but thanks to everyone's collective ideas I have made some nice refinements. Taking from the PhatPhinger Weatherpanel theme, I have similarly matched my header icons for easy finger usability.

My plugins are as follows:
    Ultimate Launcher
    Wisbar Lite
    WeatherPanel (with PhatPhinger theme)
    TodayAgenda
    Pocket Digital Clock
    Treo Alerts Pro

Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Is Ultimate Launcher Free to download and use? If so, can any one please help me find the UL?
    Quote Originally Posted by pagan View Post
    Is Ultimate Launcher Free to download and use? If so, can any one please help me find the UL?
    Here is the site: http://www.ultimatelaunch.de/index_en.html

Ultimate Launcher is not free, but I do know some people use it even when the trial ends, I guess a little message shows up on the screen, easily ignored. I have a feeling that after you use it, if you like it, you won't mind paying the $15 for it!!!

SBSH PocketBreeze, SBSH PocketWeather, SBSH PhoneWeaver, WkTask, Also have FTouchSL for up-down, down-up, left-right and right-left gestures for launching apps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rododson View Post
    SBSH PocketBreeze, SBSH PocketWeather, SBSH PhoneWeaver, WkTask, Also have FTouchSL for up-down, down-up, left-right and right-left gestures for launching apps
    Is FTouchSL the app in pic3? I haven't seen that one!

no, that's WkTask. I click in the up right corner (where OK would be) and it brings up my 'launcher'
    Quote Originally Posted by rododson View Post
    I thought that PhoneWeaver was not working correctly on the 800w.

Treo Alert -

Stocks and Weather Today Weather, animated weather icons, with 100 themes that change the background to whatever the current weather is for the selected city.

PocketRSS RSS scrolling feed.

IM+ - Instant messenger with Yahoo, AIM, MSN, ICQ, Myspace, Jabber, and Google Talk.

Skype -
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Ok...I think I finally have mine set...UL works great..To switch between tabs, I just slide my finger left or right. Now the only little issue I have with UL is that after activating it, for some odd reason after a certain amount of time I get the "not activated" text on each of the tabs even though it has been activated.

Plug-in
    Ultimate Launcher
    Todays Agenda
    Sportscenter Scores (not activated)
    Weather Panel

Apps
    BeeJive
    FreeCaddie (Golf)
    Garmin
    Google Maps
    Live Search
    Operah 9.5
    PHMRegedit
    pmClean
    PPCPimbackup
    psShutXP
    Skyfire
    SpbScreenshot
    TCPMP
    VNCViewer
    I've been trying to get mine to look like yours, apparently this program is a little over my head. All I want to do is remove the operator bar with the little icons and change the color of the top and bottom bars to match my background (ever changing). Do I even need Ultimate Launch to do those things? If not, how do I get it off of the Treo?

Thanks!

Thanks for any help!
    Quote Originally Posted by peachness View Post
    I've been trying to get mine to look like yours, apparently this program is a little over my head. All I want to do is remove the operator bar with the little icons and change the color of the top and bottom bars to match my background (ever changing). Do I even need Ultimate Launch to do those things? If not, how do I get it off of the Treo?

Thanks!

Thanks for any help!
    For my background, I just used a plain black picture that i selected as my background. To remove the tabs go to UL configuration --> Headers Tab and change the height to 0 and uncheck "show grid". I didn't like the cube animation, so I went to animation and changed "slide animation" to blend. let me know if that helps
    For my background, I just used a plain black picture that i selected as my background. To remove the tabs go to UL configuration --> Headers Tab and change the height to 0 and uncheck "show grid". I didn't like the cube animation, so I went to animation and changed "slide animation" to blend. let me know if that helps
    I managed to do that, but I still have the "Sprint" bar at the top. Can I remove that even without UL?

EDIT: Apparently not. The settings aren't sticking for some reason.
    I managed to do that, but I still have the "Sprint" bar at the top. Can I remove that even without UL?

I don't remember all the steps I did one by one..but if I remember correctly after installing realvga and 96dpi (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=327830) that's when the sprint bar disappeared. Intall real vga first then 96dpi. On your today settings "items" option, I only have UL, Inbox, Messaging and TodayAgendda checked. Let me know if this helps.

I don't remember all the steps I did one by one..but if I remember correctly after installing realvga and 96dpi (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=327830) that's when the sprint bar disappeared. Intall real vga first then 96dpi. On your today settings "items" option, I only have UL, Inbox, Messaging and TodayAgendda checked. Let me know if this helps. Make sure to back up your phone before trying real vga and 96dpi.
    I don't remember all the steps I did one by one..but if I remember correctly after installing realvga and 96dpi (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=327830) that's when the sprint bar disappeared. Intall real vga first then 96dpi. On your today settings "items" option, I only have UL, Inbox, Messaging and TodayAgendda checked. Let me know if this helps. Make sure to back up your phone before trying real vga and 96dpi.
    Thanks, chocmatic! I'll try this later today when I've got some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I thought that PhoneWeaver was not working correctly on the 800w.
    Its not and I am waiting for it. I have volunteered to test as well.

I have most of my profiles turned off and I mostly use it for the counters (email, sms, vm, missed call)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Great Thanks SyrGuy.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah, Ultimate Launcher is turning out to be pretty awesome...

Here are some new things people may need to use:

I'm also attaching a new Today theme (seen below) which looks great with the device: Simply Blue

Ultimate Launcher
    • 1st tab: PhoneAlarm 2.05--theme is Mal-Simple
      fring
      launcher apps
    • 2nd tab:Today Agenda
    • 3rd Tab: Weatherpanel + iWeather
    • 4th Tab: Google Search, Maps, GPS Today
    • 5th Tab (not seen): system apps

just wondering, how are people placing calls without having the "Type a name or number" line on their today screen? I was hoping to use Ultimate Launcher and put that on one of the tabs if at all possible, unless there is another program people are using to place calls. Is there another one that people have been using? I know you can still go to contacts or dial pad to type the number, I just wasn't sure.

I currently have RealVGA loaded with the Diamond theme, not sure yet if I'm going to keep it or not yet, but I definitely like having a little bit more screen real estate. Anyone know if there is a Phone Alarm skin that would fill the whole line when RealVGA is loaded? The icons don't go across the whole line.

Also Malatesta, how were you able to get those icons for the different programs all on the same line across the bottom?

Thanks,

~J
    The Lookup Field (Type a name or number) is ALWAYS running, you simply have the option of hiding or not (Menu-Hide Lookup Field).

Even with it hiding, when you press any number the Lookup field pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAJ2K View Post
    just wondering, how are people placing calls without having the "Type a name or number" line on their today screen? I was hoping to use Ultimate Launcher and put that on one of the tabs if at all possible, unless there is another program people are using to place calls. Is there another one that people have been using? I know you can still go to contacts or dial pad to type the number, I just wasn't sure.

I currently have RealVGA loaded with the Diamond theme, not sure yet if I'm going to keep it or not yet, but I definitely like having a little bit more screen real estate. Anyone know if there is a Phone Alarm skin that would fill the whole line when RealVGA is loaded? The icons don't go across the whole line.

Also Malatesta, how were you able to get those icons for the different programs all on the same line across the bottom?

Thanks,

~J
    This is my theme on a i780. Both i780 and 800w shares the same screen.

Note that this works only with RealVGA at 96dpi.

And this is based on Greatbal's theme. The only difference is that I have increased the program tab to a 3x4 icons arrangement, and changed the contacts to 3x5 instead of 4x4 layout. It gives a cleaner look and also gives you more space for your photo.

Feel free to ask me about SPB 2.1.

FYI, the last working spb is SPB MS 2.1 Build 3363. Anything later than that will not work with RealVGA. I have done some tests and can confirm also that SPB does not support self developed program such as RealVGA.

Hope this helps.