Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Where did you get the "Amelia" SMS hack to tell you you are so damn sexy?
    I got it here.
    Does anyone know how to mark a tab in Ultimate Launcher as "home" One of the settings is return to home after inactive for " _ " mine always returns to the preconfigured UL tab, and I am wondering if that can be attributed to any tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Increase the header size.
    I did that, but it doesn't make the icons bigger. What size are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Does anyone know how to mark a tab in Ultimate Launcher as "home" One of the settings is return to home after inactive for " _ " mine always returns to the preconfigured UL tab, and I am wondering if that can be attributed to any tab.
    Here you go:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...me#post1473828
    Take a look at this schweet thing I found while browsing over at PPCgeeks. Very nice looking.
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=34021
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Thanks so much!! I'm getting better at the search but sometimes I miss em
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    I did that, but it doesn't make the icons bigger. What size are you using?
    There's an option for icon size and another for header size. i had both set @ 48. Never could get "hooked" on this program, though. Went back to Pocket Breeze.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Animated themes does work even on square 320x320 even though I haven't found any yet (running 240x240 themes now). Couple little bugs with running the flash and UL at the same time but most of the time it works. Flash 7 is not supported (install_fp6_ppcax_en.exe). If someone can tell me how to get rid of that stupid text speed dial in the speed dial frame (not pictured) for VM it would be much appreciated.

Animated (Looks a lot better on the actual phone)

Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Yes you can, it's just not seen due to the non-scroll of the screen. In UL go to the tab you want to be home and select change then select the 'Tab' tab. Then place your cursor in the 'Caption' and on your 5-way select down 3 times and then your middle select button. That will config your tab as the home tab.
    I must have missed it, where did people download UL? It seems to be *the* application for the 800, so I'm going to make a run to try it... I will also use the tutorial pjmac attached (thank you).
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasazcat View Post
    I must have missed it, where did people download UL? It seems to be *the* application for the 800, so I'm going to make a run to try it... I will also use the tutorial pjmac attached (thank you).
    Here's the English site:
    http://www.ultimatelaunch.de/index_en.html

OK bare with me for a few basic UL questions. I took the plunge and so far so good:

1. How can I remove the "Type a Name or Number" from the Today screen? I'd like to put it in one of my UL tabs instead.
    2. Where is the Google search program so I can add that to an "apps" folder?
    3. I have WeatherBug because I like that it keeps the temperature on the top of the screen no matter what application you're in. How do I keep it "active" so I don't have to keep clicking on that tab for it to open?
    4. I edited the UL Config tab for all my applications, but the logos for UL Config and Explorer are a LOT bigger than the other application tabs. Is there a way to change each tab size?
    5. What is the name of the Windows program on the phone that allows you to type in names of businesses to then get directions? I'd also like to have that on one of my tabs.

Thanks again to everyone for all of your advice and tips, this has been most helpful.
    In sum, you need to distinguish between your phone's "today screen" and your Ultimate Launcher Main screen. For instance, the answer to #3, just go to Menu-Preference-Today screen and uncheck everything except Ultimate Launch and Weather Bug (moving Weather Bug to the top of the screen) and you're set.

#1. Menu-Preference-Hide Lookup field; see #2 to add it into a UL tab.
    #2. When you're editing tabs in Ultimate Launch, when you add a new Tab, select "Combination of tabs." Then when editing that tab, you can add stuff from the today screen by adding "today screen plugin" (such as Web Search = Google Search) or "Dial Lookup".
    #4. When you're in UL, go to the Tab with your Icons, just scroll right on the top tabs where it says "Display" and check Individual Icon Size and set it to what you want.... to change your tab sizes on your main page open up UL and select "Header" and specify the height.
    #5. The Live Search application is limited in that even if you place a tab for it somewhere in a UL tab, when you type and search from it it opens up the web browser - does not open up Live Search application.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by dallasazcat View Post
    OK bare with me for a few basic UL questions. I took the plunge and so far so good:

1. How can I remove the "Type a Name or Number" from the Today screen? I'd like to put it in one of my UL tabs instead.
    2. Where is the Google search program so I can add that to an "apps" folder?
    3. I have WeatherBug because I like that it keeps the temperature on the top of the screen no matter what application you're in. How do I keep it "active" so I don't have to keep clicking on that tab for it to open?
    4. I edited the UL Config tab for all my applications, but the logos for UL Config and Explorer are a LOT bigger than the other application tabs. Is there a way to change each tab size?
    5. What is the name of the Windows program on the phone that allows you to type in names of businesses to then get directions? I'd also like to have that on one of my tabs.

Thanks again to everyone for all of your advice and tips, this has been most helpful.
    thank you 800w4me! Now the craziest thing just happened. I was loading the calendar application and it froze my phone, I took the battery out and when I put it back in ALL of my plugin applications (UL, WeatherBug, Clock, CalendarM etc.) don't work - they say there's no application associated. When I tried to relaunch the .CAB files they all say they were "unsuccessful". this after all the work I did to customize UL. do I need to delete all .CAB files and redownload? what a disaster! also how do I prevent this in the future??
    Can u add more than one today-plugin to the home tab in UL?
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Can u add more than one today-plugin to the home tab in UL?
    Certainly. You just have to create a tab that is 'multiple tabs' and then you can add to it multiple plugin tabs. And of course set that tab as home.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Certainly. You just have to create a tab that is 'multiple tabs' and then you can add to it multiple plugin tabs. And of course set that tab as home.
    Sorry, I probably should have been more specific. I did that, but you know how next to text messages it usually shows No unread text messages or no unread emails etc....that doesn't show up
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4
    Wisbar Advance is pretty cool.
    Hrm...what will this button do.
    Ok ...UL is very nice

Using:
    Ultimate Launcher
    Weather Panel
    PHMRegedit
    BeeJive
    GPS Tool
    Garmin Mobile
    Google Maps
    Opera 9.5
    Skyfire
    RealVga (96dpi)
    PM Clean
    PshShutXP
    Softkey Mgr
    TCPMP
    Total Commander
    VNCViewer

::: Is there anyway I can change the Start Menu icon without having to use wisbar?