Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    i've been messing with ultimate launcher and it's freaking awesome. so maleable. one problem, though and I wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue: anytime I return to my today screen, whether it's from being powered off or from closing the active program, the ultimate launch is blank until I swipe it with my finger (or stylus). any ideas?

also, how do you set the home tab? i want it to default to my messaging tab, but can't figure that out. The settings interface doesn't play nice with the 320x320 screen, so i'm not sure if the option's just hidden or not.
    Have you tried checking the tab that says "return to x tab if unused in x minutes?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Have you tried checking the tab that says "return to x tab if unused in x minutes?"
    mine just has return to start tab if...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrekfest View Post
    mine just has return to start tab if...
    Yes, and you can select which tab is your start tab. Also, I've noticed that if you have more tabs then headers showing and you're start tab isn't one of the shown headers it tends to want to do that sometimes...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    ok, i have searched....what the deal with weatherpanel? where do i get it. it seems like:
    a. it is not free
    b. major development stopped 2 years ago
    c. of the free ones i found...there are 10 different distributions.

what is the best one to get? They should make a sticky that only mods can update with links to all of this software that everyone always talks about! Maybe a thread should be started to see the top 50 apps, and create a page of links....

also, with the weather stuff...there isnt an app that will take my gps location and use that location for radar, forcast, currents? If not then maybe i will write one...
    I'll do a thread tomorrow on WP...

the problem is hosting the files...they're at ppcgeeks, which requires registration to DL. I can try to attach some here...we'll see.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    WeatherPanel looks great but I have been trying to install it for a few days but all it does it freeze my 800w. It usually starts with the Today screen which is blank and then everything freezes. I have a feeling that it is interacting with another plugin I am using.
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post

Here's what I am running as of now....

Theme -Thanks to Popcorn!!
    -Ultimate Launcher
    -Wisbar Lite
    -WeatherPanel
    -TodayAgenda
    -TreoAlerts Pro
    -GooSync
    Ive been trying to setup Ultimate Launcher for a similar look.. However, I have not been successful. Can you please give the steps to get the big tabs and removing the default tabs settings?

-M
    Ok so I am new to this forum, I have been on PPC Geeks for awhile since I just came from a TOUCH which I loved. My first smartphone ever was a 700wx, so the 800w brought back all the things i loved about my first phone. As for my question:

One of the things I love about my phone is that when I first turn it on all i have to do is start typing a phone number, name, whatever and the lookup field starts. I dont want to loose that but I want something tight. I used the mobile shell and its cool but i found it difficult to just call some one. I know that is not a today screen help section but I just want to ask if there is anything out there for the treo yet that does the following:
    Leave the dialing alone
    Make it so the Unlock password setting for my work email is easier to access when I wake up the phone
    Use something like the HTC Home Plugin- Easy, Simple, and Effective
    Sorry off subject, why can't I get my Outlook Mail to tell me what's in my box(on the Today Screen)? All my other mailboxes do...any ideas, thanks.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    i've been messing with ultimate launcher and it's freaking awesome. so maleable. one problem, though and I wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue: anytime I return to my today screen, whether it's from being powered off or from closing the active program, the ultimate launch is blank until I swipe it with my finger (or stylus). any ideas?

also, how do you set the home tab? i want it to default to my messaging tab, but can't figure that out. The settings interface doesn't play nice with the 320x320 screen, so i'm not sure if the option's just hidden or not.
    I was having the exact same issue as you.. The reason that this is caused on our phones is because we have deleted the tab for the UL config and so, it does not know what tab to show. Also, in our Treo 800w, the config menu is cut and so, we don't see the option of selecting one of our tabs as "Select this Tab on Startup" Luckily I had another phone where I could see the entire config menu. Well, here is how you can solve your problem. Lets say you have a tab called X that you always want to default to. In the UL config, click on the tab X and then click on change. Then click on "Tab" on top and place your cursor in the Caption text box. Now press the down key 3 times. So, it goes to XP-icon, then no icon, then "Select this Tab on startup"(you won't see this). Now click on the center palm button and then click on OK and you are all set.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fergdogg23 View Post
    Ok so I am new to this forum, I have been on PPC Geeks for awhile since I just came from a TOUCH which I loved. My first smartphone ever was a 700wx, so the 800w brought back all the things i loved about my first phone. As for my question:

One of the things I love about my phone is that when I first turn it on all i have to do is start typing a phone number, name, whatever and the lookup field starts. I dont want to loose that but I want something tight. I used the mobile shell and its cool but i found it difficult to just call some one. I know that is not a today screen help section but I just want to ask if there is anything out there for the treo yet that does the following:
    Leave the dialing alone
    Make it so the Unlock password setting for my work email is easier to access when I wake up the phone
    Use something like the HTC Home Plugin- Easy, Simple, and Effective
    You got to look at the Ultimate Launcher... Its pretty sweet!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monil View Post
    Ive been trying to setup Ultimate Launcher for a similar look.. However, I have not been successful. Can you please give the steps to get the big tabs and removing the default tabs settings?

-M
    To make tabs bigger, under the UL config, just go to header on top and then increase the height.

To make custom tabs, just go to the Tabs on top and then you can select the ones that come preinstalled one by one and delete them and then start creating your own.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Here is what my today screen looks like:

Added applications:
    Theme - Thank you Popcorn..!!
    fTouchFlo
    Google Maps
    Talkonaut (excellent IM client)
    Opera Mini
    PHM Regedit
    eWallet
    fring
    Skype beta
    SPB Time (great Alarm software)
    Reset
    Last edited by rtandon87; 07/30/2008 at 01:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
    I was having the exact same issue as you.. The reason that this is caused on our phones is because we have deleted the tab for the UL config and so, it does not know what tab to show. Also, in our Treo 800w, the config menu is cut and so, we don't see the option of selecting one of our tabs as "Select this Tab on Startup" Luckily I had another phone where I could see the entire config menu. Well, here is how you can solve your problem. Lets say you have a tab called X that you always want to default to. In the UL config, click on the tab X and then click on change. Then click on "Tab" on top and place your cursor in the Caption text box. Now press the down key 3 times. So, it goes to XP-icon, then no icon, then "Select this Tab on startup"(you won't see this). Now click on the center palm button and then click on OK and you are all set.

thanks for the instructions. I was so determined to fix it last night that I installed real vga just so I could see the entire menu. got it fixed now, but man, what a pain!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Yes, and you can select which tab is your start tab. Also, I've noticed that if you have more tabs then headers showing and you're start tab isn't one of the shown headers it tends to want to do that sometimes...
    How do you set your start tab? I have been unable to change what it defaults as the start tab. I also still have the UL start tab that originally came on it.

Thanks,
    Excellent Find rtandon!!

cheifsfan...see above quote....
    Quote Originally Posted by cheifsfan View Post
    How do you set your start tab? I have been unable to change what it defaults as the start tab. I also still have the UL start tab that originally came on it.

Thanks,
    Not to clog things up with nonsense, but from a longtime lurker I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for all the great ideas and insight on what you can do with all these cool toys.

I'll try to post my screen once I settle on which cool gizmos I like best. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Here is what my today screen looks like:

Added applications:
    Theme - Thank you Popcorn..!!
    fTouchFlo
    Google Maps
    Talkonaut (excellent IM client)
    Opera Mini
    PHM Regedit
    eWallet
    fring
    Skype beta
    SPB Time (great Alarm software)
    Reset
    Looks awesome. How do get the photo speed dial?
    Quote Originally Posted by karong View Post
    Looks awesome. How do get the photo speed dial?
    That is a stock Palm tweak, you just enable Today speed dial in the settings, and you can have either picture or text speed dials, pretty cool, I use tham all the time!!!

I had a hard time getting Ultimate Launcher too look right. I must be doing something wrong. Anyone have a guide or anything for it?