Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    A bit OT but is anyone having problems tapping their maps or google search plugins when using UltimateLaunch? I can scroll to them using the 5-way but I cannot tap them to select them.

Thanks.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    How do you install the iWeather layout?

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out. These are great additions. I'm really enjoying Ultimate Launcher now.

The iWeather layout is too big for my screen. Do you have to tweak to 96dpi to get that to fit on the screen?
    nope, just regular settings.

make sure you choose the landscape version though...

here's another theme that works pretty well:
    http://pixel.citadel.org/weatherpane...41d5837e#p4133
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    A bit OT but is anyone having problems tapping their maps or google search plugins when using UltimateLaunch? I can scroll to them using the 5-way but I cannot tap them to select them.

Thanks.
    mine select just fine

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    mine select just fine
    Hmmm... I wonder what the problem is... I've tried deleting the tab and recreating it... different orders for the plugins.... different combinations of plugins...No dice...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4.    #264  
    For those looking for 1-handed control over WP, even in Ultimate Launcher, you can use WP-Pilot.

The cursor is quite tiny, but it still works nonetheless.
    Attached Files Attached Files

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah, Ultimate Launcher is turning out to be pretty awesome...

Here are some new things people may need to use:

I'm also attaching a new Today theme (seen below) which looks great with the device: Simply Blue

Ultimate Launcher
    • 1st tab: PhoneAlarm 2.05--theme is Mal-Simple
      fring
      launcher apps
    • 2nd tab:Today Agenda
    • 3rd Tab: Weatherpanel + iWeather
    • 4th Tab: Google Search, Maps, GPS Today
    • 5th Tab (not seen): system apps

Nice additions!! Thanks for sharing!
    Here's mine. http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l...n/Screen01.png

Plugins:
    * Palm type to dial
    * Web search
    * SBSH PocketBreeze with BlackVista2 QVGA skin

I like to keep my screen as clean and uncluttered as I can, while displaying all the important information without scrolling. This is the best I've come up with so far, but it's missing several things (gpsToday, Maps, BeeJive IM) that I'd like to include. So I might have to start experimenting with Ultimate Launcher now that I know the trick to having multiple plugins per tab.

The theme is just Ocean Effusion with a background taken from the Superman Returns movie poster. The colors match nicely.
    Jeff Kirvin
    Author of Between Heaven and Hell, a different kind of SF novel.
    Get it at eReader http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/5493
    or Fictionwise http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook29869.htm

For the sequel, check out eSerials at http://www.serialfiction.net

Listen to the Maximum Geek Podcast!
    http://www.solomedia.org/podcast/
    Hmmm... I wonder what the problem is... I've tried deleting the tab and recreating it... different orders for the plugins.... different combinations of plugins...No dice...
    I have the same issue, I can select using the 5 way but cannot touch slect the google search or maps search boxes....the live search box does allow me to touch select though....very strange.
    I do not know if it has behaved this way all along, as I think I typically select using the 5-way.
    OK... So I've started playing with UltimateLaunch which is absolutely marvelous and I've got the Ocean Effusion Black theme going and I've got the clock plugin and Weatherpanel so the attached is my main screen. I'm still working on the rest but this is getting to be very nice indeed....
    how are you guys getting the theme colors different? i tried mobile shell and the color themes wouldn't work and I can't figure anything else out...
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    I have the same issue, I can select using the 5 way but cannot touch slect the google search or maps search boxes....the live search box does allow me to touch select though....
    Yep... Same exact behavior, and now my backlight / power off settings are working inconsistently, too. I may do a hard reset and see what happens...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrekfest View Post
    how are you guys getting the theme colors different? i tried mobile shell and the color themes wouldn't work and I can't figure anything else out...
    UI Tweaker will change your settings. I just get different themes. The one I'm using now is in this thread. It is titled Ocean Effusion Black.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

11. oac
    Hi there. New to the Treo. Still adjusting to the square screen.

For the moment...

Lakeridge Software-Wisbar Adavance/Wisbar Advance Desktop
    WeatherPanel
    SBSH Pocketbreeze
    Resco File explorer
    misc.

Grant, I used UI Tweaker bunches of times last week and forgot to note a couple of changes. To cut to the chase, I executed 2 hard resets playing with it in order to go back to a previous play session.
    But Ben...what does your Today screen look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by oac View Post

For the moment...

Lakeridge Software-Wisbar Adavance/Wisbar Advance Desktop
    WeatherPanel
    SBSH Pocketbreeze
    Resco File explorer
    misc.

Very impressive. Is WAD doing most of that?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    UI Tweaker will change your settings. I just get different themes. The one I'm using now is in this thread. It is titled Ocean Effusion Black.
    got it. thanks. for some reason, my phone wasn't accepting other themes, but it's working now.
    Last edited by bigbrekfest; 07/29/2008 at 04:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thundernad View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Very clean look. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has to remind myself to take out the trash. I hate it when the truck bypasses my house because I forgot to set it out, then I have to deal with a full barrel all week.

Quote Originally Posted by oac View Post

You seem to be adjusting quite well. Very impressive work.
    ok, i have searched....what the deal with weatherpanel? where do i get it. it seems like:
    a. it is not free
    b. major development stopped 2 years ago
    c. of the free ones i found...there are 10 different distributions.

what is the best one to get? They should make a sticky that only mods can update with links to all of this software that everyone always talks about! Maybe a thread should be started to see the top 50 apps, and create a page of links....

also, with the weather stuff...there isnt an app that will take my gps location and use that location for radar, forcast, currents? If not then maybe i will write one...
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    ok, i have searched....what the deal with weatherpanel? where do i get it. it seems like:
    a. it is not free

what is the best one to get? They should make a sticky that only mods can update with links to all of this software that everyone always talks about! Maybe a thread should be started to see the top 50 apps, and create a page of links....

also, with the weather stuff...there isnt an app that will take my gps location and use that location for radar, forcast, currents? If not then maybe i will write one...
    I got the one straight from Marsware. It is not technically free but it is an unlimted, fully functional trial. It works wonderfully.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    a. it is not free

Search the 700wx forum. There is a 1000 post thread.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Search the 700wx forum. There is a 1000 post thread.
    But we are like 14.3% better then the 700. We should have our own. and we can have 1143 posts to match our 800 being 14.3% better then the 700.