Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by telomerase View Post
    it sounds like you need to switch to 96dpi.
    did you run realvga, switch to 96dpi? everything on your screen should look smaller.
    I installed the realvga, program, but how do I switch to 96dpi?
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    telomerase

i tried playing with the beta spb shell 2.1.1, but had no luck
    the beta 2.1.1 will not work. use the 2.1 version
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    thundernad fails to read the 1st post in this thread, thereby creating...

tons of questions. gah, I try.
    Hopefully it's HTC home and not rltoday.
    This is a extreme stupid question

i never uderstand

the treo 800w is VGA or QVGA?

when i use the realVGA what it is exacly am i doing?

am i change it from one to another or just the dpi?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Ok well when I installed it and yes I instaled RealNGA and changed to 96dpi everything appeared to be working fine. From basic switching back and fourth and selecting a FEW apps. But now I continue having to do a soft reset and I can even check my messages. Any body else running this on thier Treo 800w. Any advice
    I wish we can start a thread here also for Mobile shell themes without too much searching on xda site
    Quick guide:
    1) Install Mobile 2.1 (must be the latest edition)
    2) Install realvga, and the 96dpi pack (links above)
    3) Run Realvga and switch to 96 dpi
    4) Download the diamond zip file
    5) Go into the program files folder in your treo, go to mobile shell, and extract the entire zip file contents into the mobile shell folder (overwrite any duplicate files)
    5) Soft reset

... i think that's it.
    Thanks! That worked!
    Quote Originally Posted by improve View Post
    Ok well when I installed it and yes I instaled RealNGA and changed to 96dpi everything appeared to be working fine. From basic switching back and fourth and selecting a FEW apps. But now I continue having to do a soft reset and I can even check my messages. Any body else running this on thier Treo 800w. Any advice
    i'm sorry... i don't really understand what you're trying to say.
    what specifically are you having trouble with?
    Quote Originally Posted by y2martt View Post
    I installed the realvga, program, but how do I switch to 96dpi?
    go into your programs, run the realvga program, switch to 96 dpi, click ok, then do a soft reset. the resolution on your screen should change. after that, then copy the .dat files in diamond.zip to you mobile shell folder.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    go into your programs, run the realvga program, switch to 96 dpi, click ok, then do a soft reset. the resolution on your screen should change. after that, then copy the .dat files in diamond.zip to you mobile shell folder.
    I installed realvga, but for some reason it does not show up in my program
    Got it up and running with the 9 icon tweak and the Game tweak. The theme is awesome! Thanks telomerase.
    Anyone have issues with the ringer an the Diamond theme?

EDIT: Never mind, I got it fixed.
    Last edited by DigitalOverlord; 07/25/2008 at 05:44 PM.
    i installed everything correctly, however had to hard reset my device after switching to 96dpi in RealVGA... i've tried this twice and am not sure what i'm doing wrong. any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I found the two tweaks I mentioned that you really want to use with MobileShell. They are founf here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=game+menu

and I will post them here as well:

Games is a reg setting that enables a menu for.....well games to show in your menu page.

9-button-Reg is a simple CAB that allows for nine folder icons on your menu page.

I know I am not describing them well, but thay add a lot to Shell.

i don't know if i'm doing this right. the game folder appear in the programs folder

and i can't find out the 9-button-Reg is shoeing only 7 buttons
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmarqui View Post
    i installed everything correctly, however had to hard reset my device after switching to 96dpi in RealVGA... i've tried this twice and am not sure what i'm doing wrong. any thoughts?
    don't hard reset. soft reset. there's even an icon for it in your programs folder in mobile shell
    Quote Originally Posted by m12x13adass View Post
    Got it up and running with the 9 icon tweak and the Game tweak. The theme is awesome! Thanks telomerase.
    could you detail a step by step of how you got that to work? i tried but nothing happened. thanks!
    after installing realvga and change to 96dpi, now maps is not working please advise
    could you detail a step by step of how you got that to work? i tried but nothing happened. thanks!
    Well I'm assuming that you've already have the files posted posted earlier in the thread.

First, install the 9 button Reg cab.
    Next, Add the "My Menu" icon by checking it in "Customize Menu."
    For the Game icon, I used a Registry editor and imported the Game file and it added the settings automatically.
    Finally, go back into "Customize Menu" and add a check to the Game menu.

The 2 files are located somewhere in this thread. The "Customize menu" is located in settings in the spb shell. And the registry editor I used was found on this site....
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=11
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i'm sorry... i don't really understand what you're trying to say.
    what specifically are you having trouble with?
    Ok everything works on my 800w as it did before on my Treo 700wx. However the second I hit the red phone button and power and then hit the windows start menu butoon the 800w turns on and I get the Diamond cloth page. So far this is normal but then if I select the call log icon or the email, or text message icon nothing happens. If I hold down the OK button nothing happens ( normaly I would go back to the stock WM today page ) and if I go to the programs - main page and hit programs none work. However if I hit the Tools icon I can still soft reset but for example. Simply put every time I turn it off when I come back and power up anything thats WM, I installed, or is stock is inexcessable. I found a way around. If I go to contacts in SPB mobile shell/Diamond. select a contact and select an open button of that contact I get to go back to the WM today screen. Any one have a work around or something to add. I realy enjoyed the HTC Plugin that I could use on the Treo 700wx for 240 x 240 screen. Also when I get a text it doesnt update the spb shell/ diamond theme clock page. becuase of this I dont know if I got one and I have to go back to the WM today screen to check.
    Last edited by improve; 07/26/2008 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Correction
    Ok, I managed to get the HTC home screen working and it looks great. Only problem is you cannot use the dial pad and you cannot access text messages from within the htc prompt. Nor does it show a text message when incoming in the HTC home. I used the real VGA set at 128 dpi to get rid of the treo bar up top, installed a VGA version of the HTC home (you can google it to find) and it installed with no problem other than the issues I listed. I am sure its only a matter of reg edits to correct this (Not my gig) but if saomeone is willing to try, we may have a nice little home screen here.