1.    #1  
    I tried out the bundled wired headset and put it back where in the Treo box. This thing is useless on the subway, plane, anywhere other than a library or in a car with the windows closed. Has anyone else noticed this? I was playing MP3s with GSPlayer at maximum system volume for this test. Are other apps better?

If not, chalk up another in the "Seidio to the rescue department".
    Try Pocket Tunes (make sure u dl the 320 skin)...

It's loud enough for me with the bundled headphones and is richer and louder than my 700wx...

At least it works for me.
    edit/update

odd

my volume seems lower today, lol

something is up with the volume on this device. on tuesday, I *had* to keep it below 80ish%...today I have 100% on system and pocket tunes...still quiet.

gotta decipher the volume settings in the registry...

there is a curious "shell override" section...
    Have you guys looked for the audiopara file? It's an easy edit to change the volume of the handset, speakerphone and wired headset.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I tried out the bundled wired headset and put it back where in the Treo box. This thing is useless on the subway, plane, anywhere other than a library or in a car with the windows closed. Has anyone else noticed this? I was playing MP3s with GSPlayer at maximum system volume for this test. Are other apps better?

If not, chalk up another in the "Seidio to the rescue department".
    I am glad someone else noticed how low the volume is on these headsets. I am not sure why they bundle such pieces of crap with it. That on top of that toothpick of a stylus & not including a case (would have been nice). I guess we are talking cost savings for them....
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Have you guys looked for the audiopara file? It's an easy edit to change the volume of the handset, speakerphone and wired headset.
    I did a search for the audiopara file using Resco Explorer (even looked in hidden/ROM files) but could not find it....
  7. wsu
    Yea I couldn't find it either. A volume hack would be fantastic, we had it for the Motorola q9c and it helped a lot!
    Here are some:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Volume

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\ShellOverrides (this is for other stuff though)

Problem is, Volume settings are in number/code format, not like a scale. I know this has been done before, so we just have to find the old sources that explain the numbering system for volume.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9.    #9  
    Maybe this would be a good time to look into BT stereo headsets. Does anyone know how these impact battery life? Obviously it will be lower but I'd like hard numbers.

for example:

1 hr listening to MP3s with PTunes and wired headset: 10% drop
    ditto with BT stereo: 30%

I made these numbers up. Does anyone have real stats?
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Maybe this would be a good time to look into BT stereo headsets. Does anyone know how these impact battery life? Obviously it will be lower but I'd like hard numbers.

for example:

1 hr listening to MP3s with PTunes and wired headset: 10% drop
    ditto with BT stereo: 30%

I made these numbers up. Does anyone have real stats?
    not yet, but I can try tonight if someone else doesn't beat me to it...

Still, I think pursuing the registry thing might be a good idea.

I'm not convinced yet it's the headphones that are the problem...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    edit/update

odd

my volume seems lower today, lol

something is up with the volume on this device. on tuesday, I *had* to keep it below 80ish%...today I have 100% on system and pocket tunes...still quiet.

gotta decipher the volume settings in the registry...

there is a curious "shell override" section...
    You're right. All is not well. Today, listening in the office, I HAD to lower the volume to its lowest setting so I don't disturb my co-workers. Need to investigate further.