1.    #1  
    Im not sure if this is just a random bug or just a long time problem with palm of what, but I have been having sync issues with my 650 and now my 800 for a long while.

Mostly the problem is that I cant get the computer (2 seperate computers) to see the treo. If I connect it, the phone beeps as its charging, but the computer wont do anything or it says unrecongized device or not working propertly.

Now if I do a complete reboot and soft reset, most of the time it will sync up a few times, but then stop.

Is there a tweak I can do to fix this or something?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have the same problem, just do a soft reset everytime before you connect the cables. It's a little annoying but it will stay synced for many hours at a time that way.
  3.    #3  
    Thats more annoying then you think. THe 800 doesnt have a "door button" like the 650 and its a pain to get off the battery door. Im afraid that ill break off the door after a few weeks of this.

Is there a button command to soft reset or only remove battery?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I don't have a problem with the battery door. Still, does the soft reset option at least work for now? There's a few programs that will do a soft reset without having to remove the battery, I haven't tried any myself yet but I see a few threads in this forum on it.
    I have the same exact issue but you don't need to soft reset.

Go into Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC. Uncheck (or Check) and hit ok. Then re-open it and uncheck / recheck and hit ok. It will work again until you disconnect it.

I have no idea why we're having this issue. Hopefully Palm can address this shortly.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I have the same exact issue but you don't need to soft reset.

Go into Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC. Uncheck (or Check) and hit ok. Then re-open it and uncheck / recheck and hit ok. It will work again until you disconnect it.

I have no idea why we're having this issue. Hopefully Palm can address this shortly.
    Thanks! This method is much more fun than taking out the battery.
    Anyone else having this issue?
    If I use file manager to close all active programs it seems to help.
    Laissez Faire