Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, it seems if a few stores are getting them in now, and my store just received their only one last night. I have a crappy picture I took with the box up against the Best Buy mobile sign in the department.

I've had people ask if their store will carry it, and I would be glad to check, but what I would need from you is your store number. This is the easiest way to do it.

For instance store 573 (Huntington WV). Just go to the store locator if you dont know it and type in your zip code, and find your appropriate store and then list the store number, and i'll have a look tomorrow. I can say out of the 10 or 12 stores in my district, only 2 of us received them so far, and like I said, we only have 1. So MANY will not be getting them at the moment. I cant say whether you will be getting them or not even if it says you wont be getting them. Could be just at the moment. I do find it odd though we'd get one and only one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....e&isCarFi=null

If some of you are in a hurry, and dont want to wait until tomorrow, then i'd suggest calling since my store got it in last night. Wasn't even put away until close, so no one will even know we have it. There is no display yet either, so this thing will just be chilling in the case.

I may get it tomorrow because I will be able to get some Best Buy gift cards from my credit card points, so this would allow me to spend less as opposed to going to the Sprint Store.

Anyway, here is my crappy picture

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Store# 472,1506,456 and 598 please let me know!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VEX019 View Post
    Store# 472,1506,456 and 598 please let me know!
    472- has 1
    1506- has 0
    456- has 1
    598- has 1
    Gilbert, AZ has one. San Tan Village at 202 and Williams Field Road.
    When you have a chance, I'd appreciate it if you'd check the following stores in the Birmingham, AL area: 383, 807, 1004, 1162 & 1446. Thanks!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    When you have a chance, I'd appreciate it if you'd check the following stores in the Birmingham, AL area: 383, 807, 1004, 1162 & 1446. Thanks!
    I'll try to get you those later this evening.

Some people have better luck because they have MANY stores in the area. Some places have 2 stores, and then the next is like 150mi+ away. I am sure out of all of the ones you gave me, at least one will have it. It may be only 1 or 2, but i'll let you know.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    I checked all of those stores tonight, and I hate to say this, but NONE of them have any, nor are they getting any in. They all say not carried by location too.

So my guess is that AL is not all that hot for phones like these, or your Best Buys dont sell crap in the way of phones.

We got another one in, so we have 2 right now (until I buy one)

And even 2 is crappy, when you consider the 20 or so other phones they get it, all the same.

It's all a market deal really, and your market must not do well. I'm actually surprised we even got them, but we do tons of phone sells, and since we have the mobile store now in ours (what they call it) it's probably why too.

I'm sure the 2nd Treo will go when someone sees the tag for 199.99. My guess is it'll do quite well for that price.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    BB in Baltimore (inner harbor) has a display and 1 phone (will be mine in 15 mins or so). Their price beats the price Sprint quoted last night, so I'm in.

Todd
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    No deal @ BB. The phone is $359 unless you qualify for the $150 credit (their math doesn't even add up). Telesales will do $349 plus $100 rebate and $50 service credit. BB will not match, so they can keep it. BB folks, you need clearer pricing on phones.

Todd
    The store in Gainesville VA had it Saturday for $199 final price.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    I checked all of those stores tonight, and I hate to say this, but NONE of them have any, nor are they getting any in. They all say not carried by location too.

So my guess is that AL is not all that hot for phones like these, or your Best Buys dont sell crap in the way of phones.

We got another one in, so we have 2 right now (until I buy one)

And even 2 is crappy, when you consider the 20 or so other phones they get it, all the same.

It's all a market deal really, and your market must not do well. I'm actually surprised we even got them, but we do tons of phone sells, and since we have the mobile store now in ours (what they call it) it's probably why too.

I'm sure the 2nd Treo will go when someone sees the tag for 199.99. My guess is it'll do quite well for that price.
    Thanks, 'stang. I appreciate the info, even though it's NOT what I wanted to hear. I'm sure you are right on both counts - This is not a hot market for high-end business oriented mobile devices AND the Best Buys around hear don't sell crap in the way of phones.

I do some traveling - Perhaps I can pick one up in a Best Buy on one of my trips. I checked a couple in the Houston area this past week on a day trip, but it was too soon. They didn't have any yet.

Thanks again!
    I went to Best Buy yesterday and they had one in stock. I was asking the guy about the phone and he said that I qualified for all discounts on the phone making it $200 final price. Would I have to change my plan (SERO 500 expiring in Aug 09) if I extend my contract through Best Buy? I asked him and he said he was not sure.
  13.    #13  
    toddx, the price should be clear. as should the tag. They have two separate prices on there, and they both show HOW you get the price. 1yr or 2yr. They should be pretty straight forward, so i'm not sure what tags you looked at.

As far as all of the stores, I dont know why some are showing it already on display and what not and some aren't. I tried to buy man last week and it was locked. Our system said the 27th, but who knows. I'll check again tomorrow.

As far as Sero wizziko, I had no problems when I was trying to upgrade mine, and I am on the 500 $30 plan. He had to call it in cause he couldn't do SERO in store, but he told the lady.. Yeah he is on a special plan and I cant do it here. She got my info, they swapped the ESN, and I was good to go, no questions asked until we realized the phone wouldn't ring out.

So no, you should be fine. They will have to call it in, but I was asked to do nothing but just extend the contract. They wanted to charge me $18 to activate it, but since we couldn't, next time i'll tell them I am a Best Buy employee and see if they can waive the fee.

Bottom line is that with the TWO YEAR RENEWAL, I would have walked out of there with it for $199+ Tax
    Thanks for all the Best Buy intel, sounds like the best deal for sure. Any chance you could check stores 398 and 447? I called but they said they had no idea about the new Treo.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rackbreaker View Post
    Thanks for all the Best Buy intel, sounds like the best deal for sure. Any chance you could check stores 398 and 447? I called but they said they had no idea about the new Treo.
    I'll try and post it mid evening or late evening for you tomorrow. Depends on who you talk to. If it came in, and got put up, then no, some would have no idea it was even in until it got displayed. My people knew about it, cause I told them one was coming in last Wed.

Most of the time these things come in on the truck, get put up, and you have no idea about them until one day it is now on your display with a tag.
    Thanks for the info man. I will be picking mines up within the next couple of days.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rackbreaker View Post
    Just like the other reply I gave, the answer to yours is the same.

Neither store has any, and 0 are in transit, and it says not carried by location.

I'm seeing the device is not showing up like i'd thought. Even in my area like I stated, right now my store is the only one in the state to have it, and then there is another state that has two, and that is it. This is out of like 10 or so in the whole district like I mentioned.

It's probably going to be one of those hard phones to find for most people at their local Best Buy.

My suggestion to those who want to check, just go to your store on Sunday, and if they have a tag, you got it. If not, looks like you probably wont be carrying it. We have a open spot in our Sprint section, and I can tell you right now the 800w is going on display there real early Sunday morning, for that business day.

And of course it is mine

If anyone wants me to check other stores before Sunday, let me know. This was if you really want it since it is $199, you can know before others, and then go in Sat and tell them you'll pick it up Sun.

Now if you have other members here in that same area, I cant help you there. You'll have to duke it out. lol
    Hey, thanks much for checking it out. Even though I'm not one of the lucky few, it sounds like Best Buy has the best deal going. Good luck to all.
    What about ordering an 800w via bestbuy.com? I checked and didn't see the 800w listed online yet. However, if some stores will have them on the 27th, do you think the 800w may be on Best Buy's website by then (or shortly thereafter)? If so, based on your experience, is the price likely to be the same as in B&M stores?
  20.    #20  
    Read my new post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast