Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is going on here. Another Sprint user exchanged his treo the other day because his battery was draining without being used. I thought this was an anomoly.

This morning I have fully charged phone. Its just been sitting on my desk at work. I go to look at it and the battery is now 35%.

What could be the problem here?

***EDIT****

Found the problem. My powervision was connected to the Internet in the background. Im guessing this can drain the battery even with the sceen off. Hopfully this helps someone who runs into this problem.
    I actually think my battery life is getting better. The first day, it seemed horrible, but yesterday, it went from 8am to 12:30 pm with light usage and still had about 15-20% left.

If your battery is draining fast without usage, you may have something running in the background that's using up the power.
    Quote Originally Posted by waytoodeep03 View Post
    Found the problem. My powervision was connected to the Internet in the background. Im guessing this can drain the battery even with the sceen off. Hopfully this helps someone who runs into this problem.
    Power Vision is always connected on mine and thats the reason why my battery is being drained, I tried GB-Soft Tweak and told it do disconnect from Power Vision after 2 minutes of inactivity however I cannot get it working. I tried both the Windows Mobile 5 & 6 Version and neither seem to work. :-(
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    I actually think my battery life is getting better. The first day, it seemed horrible, but yesterday, it went from 8am to 12:30 pm with light usage and still had about 15-20% left.

If your battery is draining fast without usage, you may have something running in the background that's using up the power.
    You're saying in 4.5 hours your battery dropped 80% with casual usage?
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    How are you guys determining that PowerVision is not disconnecting? What icon in the status bar tells you this?
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    You're saying in 4.5 hours your battery dropped 80% with casual usage?
    haha...DOH! I meant 12:30 AM.
    check to make sure that you don't have programs that are set for auto-update...like PocketExpress. if you look at the default settings, it is set to connect every 4 or 5 hours. that might explain why folks are seeing their EVDO connected.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    haha...DOH! I meant 12:30 AM.
    Much better! Was ready to throw mine back in the box and return if 80% in 4.5 hours was an improvement.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I think the question is not if EVDO is connected (gray arrows) rather is it active (white arrows). Every Sprint Palm I've owned is connected to EVDO most times but is not active unless there's data activity. If you're seeing white arrows all the time then you've got an issue.
    does having EVDO connected (but not transmitting) still consume a noticeable amount of juice?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    does having EVDO connected (but not transmitting) still consume a noticeable amount of juice?
    I'm sure there's some impact, but it's never been an issue before unless there was unexplained data activity. In those cases battery life on my 650 and 700p was dismal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ywenz View Post
    How are you guys determining that PowerVision is not disconnecting? What icon in the status bar tells you this?
    Click on the Connection Icon on the Start Menu and you can check the time connected. Longest mine showed connected was over 12 hours while on the charger and on the way to work.

I had the same problems with my 700wx that I am having now, but once I downloaded the GB-Soft Tweak it fixed the problem. I think being connected to the Power Vision Network does use as much of the battery as transferring data...
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vpr611 View Post
    I think being connected to the Power Vision Network does use as much of the battery as transferring data...
    I can't speak for other WM devices as this is my first. But, this is not true on the POS side of the house. While it does have impact I could never tell by battery life if EVDO was connected or not. Battery life was determined by how much I used EVDO, not by how long it was connected.
    Click on the Connection Icon on the Start Menu and you can check the time connected. Longest mine showed connected was over 12 hours while on the charger and on the way to work.

I had the same problems with my 700wx that I am having now, but once I downloaded the GB-Soft Tweak it fixed the problem. I think being connected to the Power Vision Network does use as much of the battery as transferring data...
    GB Soft Tweak worked on your 700wx? It's supposed to only work with GPRS radios.
    i had the same issue, it ended up being windows live running "push" email inthe background even tho i closed the app. removed all of my accounts and options and set everything to manual and the process went away. bingo presto no more constant evdo usage. now to watch how it affects battery life
    So then what is the difference between Live "Push Mail" and Exchange hosted "Push Mail"? Wouldn't they both cause this same problem?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Where does one get the GB Soft Tweak or can you point me to what this is?
    So then what is the difference between Live "Push Mail" and Exchange hosted "Push Mail"? Wouldn't they both cause this same problem?
    No... I would assume that Live push mail isn't true push based on what was said.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    It is a material amount of juice but much less than the power to tx/receive data
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    After reading other threads, comparing my 800w settings with my Touch settings, I'm convinced the problem is that the 800w comes out of the box with:

- IR on
    - BT on
    - GPS on
    - WiFi on

I turned 'em all off (and turn on when needed) and MUCH better battery life.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast