Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've read the whole post and am still a little confused. I have nothing running or autoconnecting except email polling every hour. It is nothing for me to check my connection and have been connected for 4+ hours.

Is this draining my battery and if so, how do i get it to disconnect when not in use?

ps: My battery life has been sporadic lately. 3 hours in standby drop 50%, then next day 3 hours in standby drop 12% (different battery) next 3 hours drop 30%

Thanks
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    I've read the whole post and am still a little confused. I have nothing running or autoconnecting except email polling every hour. It is nothing for me to check my connection and have been connected for 4+ hours.

Is this draining my battery and if so, how do i get it to disconnect when not in use?

ps: My battery life has been sporadic lately. 3 hours in standby drop 50%, then next day 3 hours in standby drop 12% (different battery) next 3 hours drop 30%

Thanks
    Sounds like one of your batteries isn't doing so well...

As far as being connected goes, being connected and idle should not adversely affect your battery. Only if you are transferring data will your connection be battery-impacting.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Sounds like one of your batteries isn't doing so well...

As far as being connected goes, being connected and idle should not adversely affect your battery. Only if you are transferring data will your connection be battery-impacting.
    Thanks for the info - its the battery that came with the phone that is giving me the problem. Took off charger at 8am, NO USE, look at it at 10:45 am and its down 50%. New battery seems to be doing much better.

New battery did seem to take a lot longer to initially charge (4.5 hours from 1%). I don't know what that means.
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    New battery did seem to take a lot longer to initially charge (4.5 hours from 1%). I don't know what that means.
    That's how my battery was when I first got the phone and I haven't had any battery-related problems with mine so maybe that is a good thing?

I'd go to Sprint and see if they'd swap your old battery for a new one as it is clearly not doing so well. If nothing else they could at least test it for you.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    That's how my battery was when I first got the phone and I haven't had any battery-related problems with mine so maybe that is a good thing?

I'd go to Sprint and see if they'd swap your old battery for a new one as it is clearly not doing so well. If nothing else they could at least test it for you.
    My factory battery charged at about 2% per minute, which at first had me excited, but from your reflections it does make me wonder if that wasn't such a good thing.

I think I'll try and get it swapped out. I didn't know they could test them.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12