1.    #1  
    Anyone else feel that the new opera 9.5 official beta is totally unusable on the 700wx. For me it is way to slow and seems to crash a lot. I'll probably try to overclock my phone to see if that helps but I don't think it will. I sure hope they eventually release a usable version of this for our phone. Unfortunately, they've disabled activeX and flash/streaming support for the beta.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Try compressing the Opera9.exe file w/ UPX4PPC.
    Under WM5 or WM6?
  4.    #4  
    Stock sprint WM5. I'm waiting for your next test release before I try your roms
    I have tried the Opera Mobile 9.51 beta on my Sprint treo700wx running wm 6 testing 2 rom from ebag, and it doesn't seem ready for prime time. It is slow ( I am not currently overclocking) and the main "bug" I had to deal with was the canceling of your notification settings each time you opened opera. It took my storage memory reserve from 13.5 mb down to 4.0 mb (approx) . I have not yet tried the storage card move. The few web sites I tried, did not render well so I believe it has great potential it just needs to be polished a little more.
    Opera Mobile has never worked well for me. The latest version of Opera Mini works excellent, but is quite the resource hog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Opera Mobile has never worked well for me. The latest version of Opera Mini works excellent, but is quite the resource hog.

Really! I switched to Mini because it didn't use up all my storage ram with temp files like pocket IE does.
    Only complaint I have with Mini is when text messages or call comes in while browseing it will sometimes freeze. Also if phone powers off while mini open when you repower on it has shut down, oh and you have to press ok button first before trying to open any thing else.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Not talking about storage memory.

With WM5 (and an older version of Mini) I'd have to kill Opera Mini about every 20 minutes, because it'd eat up all the free memory.

With WM6 (and the latest) this doesn't seem to be a problem. Yet. But it's still quite the resource hog.
    Oddly enough Opera Mini worked better for me in WM5 than in WM6. Only problem in WM6 is that it doesn't scroll properly using the 2 and 8 keys.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Installed it, tried for 10 min, was sluggish, removed it, and went back to Mini. Nothing beats the Mini.
    In my humble opinion, the alpha version leaked awhile back was much more stable and easy to use. The GUI was not quite as refined, but that is a small price to pay for better usability.

I'm very dissappointed...I expected this beta to outperform the alpha by several marks.

If you want to give Opera Mobile 9.5 a spin, find the leaked alpha version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Oddly enough Opera Mini worked better for me in WM5 than in WM6. Only problem in WM6 is that it doesn't scroll properly using the 2 and 8 keys.
    I'm using cloudyfa's JBED on WM6, no issues scrolling with 2 & 8 in Mini.