1.    #1  
    I haven't seen anything close to a rumor about a new GSM Treo for this year. I am up for a new phone, and really wish this would be available soon. I may even consider the switch to Sprint, to get the 800w...
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    this is the only thing i could find.. http://searchmobilecomputing.techtar...316479,00.html
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112 View Post
    I haven't seen anything close to a rumor about a new GSM Treo for this year.
    Try searching for Palm Drucker or Skywriter.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wongster View Post
    this is the only thing i could find.. http://searchmobilecomputing.techtar...316479,00.html
    Please tell me it won't look like that!

The 800w looks like a nice business-like machine; I wouldn't want to be seen carrying something around that looks like a kid's toy.
    :-(
    It's a cross between the Centro and the 800W, actually a refreshing design if you ask me!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Why not? it's the most modern looking Palm device in years
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

The 800w looks like a nice business-like machine; I wouldn't want to be seen carrying something around that looks like a kid's toy.
    :-(
    I like the look of the 800.
    And I like the look of the 850 even better!
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    IMO, the 800w looks much better then the 850 in that pic. The 800w has a more useful looking nav button, a more pronounced keyboard. slightly thinner bezel around the screen...

the 800w also has a curved keyboard, while the 850 looks straight... the curved keyboard provides a superior typing experience.

honestly, the 850 just looks like a dumbphone with a full straight keyboard, while the 800w looks like a truly optimised and updated Palm smartphone/PPC, minimal size with just the right size keyboard. No wasted space.

disclaimer: all IMO af course!!
    Im not a real big fan of the keyboard.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

10.    #10  
    I here Palm has something coming out for ATT in Sept, could the 850 be it?
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I have the 800w on sprint and an iphone 3g on at&t. I'd consider the at&t treo and use my sprint as a tethering device. However that keyboard looks horrible, if it feels (and size) anything like the centro I will be taking a pass, that was too small and the rubber feel was awful as well. My 2 cents.
    Complete phone addict. Been on every carrier multiple times, paid enough in ETF's to buy a car :P
    ----------------------
    Now on: 2 phones share, 1000 minutes, Nights at 7, Unlimited txt, Unlimited data, Roaming, and PCS to PCS - $50. If they ever force a plan change for a new pda then back to AT&T I go!