Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone installed SEVEN push email app on their 800w? I installed it and its not pushing my Gmail like it was on my Q9c.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    i have it and it is working. I dont use gmail I use it with Lotus notes.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I have Seven and run an OWA account and a Gmail account. Both work properly for me.
    Are ya'll running the enterprise or personal versions of Seven?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    personal workgroup
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Sprint's Bizcon is also working with Lotus Notes using the PPC6700 client. This assumes you already have an active Bizcon account.
    Screen shots? Website?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Screen shots? Website?
    Seven.com
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    Sprint's Bizcon is also working with Lotus Notes using the PPC6700 client. This assumes you already have an active Bizcon account.
    Real good to know. Thanks.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    I have Seven and run an OWA account and a Gmail account. Both work properly for me.

What do you mean by OWA? So your saying that your GMail pushes down in realtime using Seven? Which exact version did you download of Seven?

thanks
    Angelo
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post
    Seven.com
    For some reason seven.com would not work for me... although, http://www.seven.com/ did...

Posted just in case anyone else was having problems...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo921 View Post
    What do you mean by OWA? So your saying that your GMail pushes down in realtime using Seven? Which exact version did you download of Seven?

thanks
    Angelo
    Seven does a good thing. It allows you to get your corporate email from the Outlook Web Access (OWA) server without having to get your IT department to give you access. It works like exchange but doesn't use activesync. It is full push including calendar and contacts and all you need to know is how to check your OWA account. It also has a GAL lookup which is nice.

Gmail works as push using Seven. It works very well also. You can sync contacts also.

So I am running 3 push email accounts, 1 regular activesync account for email, contacts, calendar and tasks. 1 Gmail account using Seven and 1 OWA account using Seven. My battery is lasting about 12 hours so far.

The version of Seven I downloaded it 7.1.5 (beta). It is the Workgroup edition file name def_seven-ppcwm6.cab.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    Seven does a good thing. It allows you to get your corporate email from the Outlook Web Access (OWA) server without having to get your IT department to give you access. It works like exchange but doesn't use activesync. It is full push including calendar and contacts and all you need to know is how to check your OWA account. It also has a GAL lookup which is nice.

Gmail works as push using Seven. It works very well also. You can sync contacts also.

So I am running 3 push email accounts, 1 regular activesync account for email, contacts, calendar and tasks. 1 Gmail account using Seven and 1 OWA account using Seven. My battery is lasting about 12 hours so far.

The version of Seven I downloaded it 7.1.5 (beta). It is the Workgroup edition file name def_seven-ppcwm6.cab.

Thanks for the explanation. I have the same exact seven installation file on my 800w however when I test sending a new email from my yahoo to my gmail account it shows up right away on my desktops gmail account however the 800w takes about 5 to 10 minutes to get it. Your 800w gets it right away? Have you ever tested it?
    I wanted to use Seven but it pointed me to Sprint.com which said it didn't support my phone.

Are you going directly through Seven.com or Sprint?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I wanted to use Seven but it pointed me to Sprint.com which said it didn't support my phone.

Are you going directly through Seven.com or Sprint?
    Right above the "How to Get Seven" link on their home page is a "Beta Program" link. Use that link to sign up for the beta and download the program.

Or, just use this link to go to the beta area and join the beta. You will have to register to be able to download the software.

http://community.seven.com/main.php
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo921 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. I have the same exact seven installation file on my 800w however when I test sending a new email from my yahoo to my gmail account it shows up right away on my desktops gmail account however the 800w takes about 5 to 10 minutes to get it. Your 800w gets it right away? Have you ever tested it?
    It appears that Seven did some server maintenance yesterday according to their forum. It may be affecting the server. Keep in mind Seven is kind of like a NOC (like RIM). All messages flow (or are redirected) through their servers I believe. Mine is slow today also. I have been beta testing with Seven for 6 months or so and this kind of slowness has occurred in the past.
    this sounds like a great solution for me. I would like to fwd. my groupwise accounts email and calender to gmail.

Does seven beta support 6.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post

I installed this version and it is working fine, but I don't see where it allows you to search exchange contacts the way my old palm version did.

Steve
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    I installed this version and it is working fine, but I don't see where it allows you to search exchange contacts the way my old palm version did.

Steve
    I'm speaking from a Lotus Notes perspective.

Look for a menu option under the Windows Contacts application.

There's a few things that function differently than the Palm version. I'm not sure if this is normal beahavor or the fact this is an older version. Neverthless, I'd say functionality is about 98% when compared to the Palm version.
    hmmm . . . I may have to give the Seven Beta a try.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast