Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It isn't. It is "triggered pull". The pull is triggered by a coded SMS message. It is invisible to the user and looks like push.
    My co. mail exchange server doesn't support HTML for some reason. Is it possible I could get HTML via Seven OWA access?
    how do you turn off the notification of a new email received through seven? Ive gone to settings -> sounds & notifications and turned all of these off, yet I still get the left soft key changing to 'notification' which is getting rather old having push enabled
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Seven is sapping my battery power! Even when I choose to disconnect from Power Vision (EVDO), it re-connects anyway! Amazingly, I think this also happens when the phone is off...
    Battery life seems to be improving. Not always connected to Internet now.

New Problem: My older e-mails from a month ago that were on my Treo800w are not there anymore. For some reason, it gets stuck at 100 messages in the in-box!
    Still stuck at at 100 messages in my inbox! Anybody else have this problem?
    http://community.seven.com/forum/vie...hp?p=9910#9910
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I have this program right now on my mogul and it make my mogul slow. if i get a message and want to view it, my phone will freeze for about 5 secs before it open the windows. All kinds of thing will run slow on my phone.

I have it pushing my gmail and my work email using the workgroup edition connection that you install on your work computer. Im thinking of upgrading to the 800w as it look to be a stronger and more powerfull phone. I like the blackberry but it will not updated my contacts over the air like this program will and I love being able to do that.

All in all I like this free program untill there is a better on someone may know about that I can try.
    I have been a long time beta tester for Seven and I was told that they may launch a possible solution. Currently they do not have a new version of their desktop connector (6.7) (AkA BizCon). However, if you visit Seven Beta and explain your situation they may be able to let you in on the old beta that has been discontinued (just like BizCon). I do not have Microsoft Exchange and I have relied on this for years. I am currently successfully using the email push function on the TREO 800w (Selecting 750 during setup). The handheld client is not as good as on the Palm version but, it does get the job done. I searched high and low for an alternative to this, but there is none. Basically, if you don't have MS Exchange than your screwed. This has potential as a replacement but, I simply do not have time to mess with it. Open-Xchange
    *Also I think you have to pay for the version that supports mobile devices.
    Maybe somebody has a REAL open source alternative to this????
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    My co. mail exchange server doesn't support HTML for some reason. Is it possible I could get HTML via Seven OWA access?
    Yes it works.
    Anybody having trouble using seven with the Treo 800w lately? I keep getting a critical error: "An unhandled exception has occurred. The application will terminate."
    i am a military and i am trying to view my exchange server but don't know how. my IT won't tell me since it's not a goverment phone
    Interesting that Sprint hasn't pulled the plug on BizCon yet. It was supposed to happen Sept. 1st.
    Anybody having trouble using seven with the Treo 800w lately? I keep getting a critical error: "An unhandled exception has occurred. The application will terminate."
    I've uninstalled Seven from my Treo800w. What does everybody else here use?
    Still using Bizcon for now.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    No problems here. Seven is running strong syncing both my work (Domino) and personal (pop3) e-mails.
    They finally pulled the plug on BizCon.

R.I.P.
    I used bizcon for years prior to sprint pulling the plug. At least they helped me replace the now obsolete phone. Sprint upgraded my 700p to an 800w for a net cost of $49 and recomended I contact SEVEN.

Been using Seven to sync my office exchange server (outlook via OWA) and my google hosted domain email using IMAP for several weeks now. The recent update significantly improved battery life. Phone acutally runs all day from 5a to 7p with normal (for me) usage without recharge.

I look forward to some of the updates they have planned but it works very well and my company IT does not support outside device access.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123