Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    It appears that Seven did some server maintenance yesterday according to their forum. It may be affecting the server. Keep in mind Seven is kind of like a NOC (like RIM). All messages flow (or are redirected) through their servers I believe. Mine is slow today also. I have been beta testing with Seven for 6 months or so and this kind of slowness has occurred in the past.

Hopefully when they come out with the final product it will be more stable. I guess thats why they call it beta
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    hmmm . . . I may have to give the Seven Beta a try.
    I considered Seven as an option, but I'm concerned that it's a beta solution. I depend on BizCon to keep me from owning a company provided blackberry.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    I considered Seven as an option, but I'm concerned that it's a beta solution. I depend on BizCon to keep me from owning a company provided blackberry.

Is BizCon free push email?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo921 View Post
    Is BizCon free push email?
    With my 650 it was included with the Vision package, then with my 700p and Power Vision it was a chargeable add-on. Sprint stopped all advertisement and website references over a year ago. My access has remained functional since I still have a 700p on my account. I think you can no longer register for a new account. You could always check with Sprint CS.
    They told me that they stopped supporting it as of this past January.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    They told me that they stopped supporting it as of this past January.
    Not a surprise. I hope they have a replacement in place before they retire it permanently. There are still many Sprint customers still using the solution as BB alternative.
    I downloaded and loaded the Seven Beta for comparison. There is very little difference between the Beta and the Bizcon app. The Seven Beta gives you ability to sync your contacts (but you have to disable ActiveSync to do so) and it gives you a button on your today screen that gives direct access to remote contact search. Otherwise, they seem pretty darn similar.

The only way I have found to access remote contacvts in BizCon is to select to compose a new message, then tap the "to" field and then press menu to select "remote contacts". Anybody find a better way?

BTW - neither the BizCon client of the Seven Beta seems to give the phone number for remote contacts the way the Palm app did.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I'm assuming that Business Connection on the 800w works similarly to the Palm OS version (separate calendar and email app)? Can you guys confirm?

aixguru,

What software do you use to sync contacts and tasks with Lotus notes? I have an older Lotus clients that offers wired sync for my 700p (EasySyncPro for Lotus Notes). I think there's also a verison for WinMo. I'd like to get to a wireless sync solution that includes tasks and contacts, but I don't think that's available for notes users. I'd appreacite any input the new 800w users have prior to taking the plunge.

Thanks,
    Todd
    I use seven for my secondary pushmail and like mention not so stable. For my business I use 1and1.com for $4.95. I have had for a year and a half with zero issues. Its importamt to get my biz emails pushed and these free programs just don't cut it and I've tried a few.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddx View Post
    I'm assuming that Business Connection on the 800w works similarly to the Palm OS version (separate calendar and email app)? Can you guys confirm?
    Yes, the two applications function about the same. There are some difference, but nothing so far that keeps me from going to Seven or back to the 700p. There is some funky behavior and it might be related to the fact this is an older version for the PPC6700. I'd say this version is about 98-99% operational.

Note worthy differences:

Very stable in the week I've been using - 75 to 100 daily e-mails.
    Sending and receiving e-mails is truly a background operation.
    Only agenda and 7-day calender views.
    Attachments operate a bit differently - better in my opinion.
    You can access corporate contacts via the WM contact application.
    No option to access corporate contacts via "To" field when addressing e-mails (this might be a version issue).
    Deleting an e-mail on the Treo will not create a deletion on the server (this might be a version issue).
    Roaming warning when you perform a manual send/receive (this might be a version issue).

Quote Originally Posted by toddx View Post
    What software do you use to sync contacts and tasks with Lotus notes? I have an older Lotus clients that offers wired sync for my 700p (EasySyncPro for Lotus Notes). I think there's also a verison for WinMo. I'd like to get to a wireless sync solution that includes tasks and contacts, but I don't think that's available for notes users. I'd appreacite any input the new 800w users have prior to taking the plunge.

Thanks,
    Todd
    I don't have any recommendations for software to sync contacts and tasks. I've always used the Palm Desktop application.
    Last edited by aixguru; 07/22/2008 at 10:24 AM.
    What's the advantage or difference of using this versus IMAP?
    Anyone here have a problem using Seven/Gmail and having all of your contacts erased from your phone? It happened with me. I'm trying to work with one of the tech support guys to work things out.
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    Yes, the two applications function about the same. There are some difference, but nothing so far that keeps me from going to Seven or back to the 700p. There is some funky behavior and it might be related to the fact this is an older version for the PPC6700. I'd say this version is about 98-99% operational.

Note worthy differences:

Very stable in the week I've been using - 75 to 100 daily e-mails.
    Sending and receiving e-mails is truly a background operation.
    Only agenda and 7-day calender views.
    Attachments operate a bit differently - better in my opinion.
    You can access corporate contacts via the WM contact application.
    No option to access corporate contacts via "To" field when addressing e-mails (this might be a version issue).
    Deleting an e-mail on the Treo will not create a deletion on the server (this might be a version issue).
    Roaming warning when you perform a manual send/receive (this might be a version issue).
    Hmm, I have the work group version installed and I can not download any attachments - it sits there and says downloading but it never finishes/happens. Also, as soon as I delete an email it is deleted off our Exchange server within seconds.
    I also do not have anything in regard to calendar sync through seven. I am sure I must have done something wrong somewhere. Any pointers maybe for me?
    Seven is sapping my battery power! Even when I choose to disconnect from Power Vision (EVDO), it re-connects anyway! Amazingly, I think this also happens when the phone is off.

I went to a tech Sprint store in San Jose to see if I could fix the problem, there was nothing they could do for me. Earlier in the day, I e-mailed one of the Seven tech support people about it. This evening, this is what he wrote about the Seven beta and battery life:

This beta version is configured to always stay connected. In commercial versions, we use SMS push, but in beta, where the user population is not homogenous, using SMS push would be too costly for both us and for users who do not have unlimited incoming SMS. Staying connected at all times doesn't have an adverse effect on battery life under normal conditions (this has been tested, re-tested, and re-tested again by our engineers), but in our current state, where connections are dropping and having to be reestablished, it does. So bottom line, once we get things working properly again, your battery life will be fine despite the client always staying connected (trust me, it will. Despite the logical paradox that would seem to present. Trust me. We know this for sure. Even though you think we don't). More details on this can be found in the forums by searching for posts related to SMS push.
    See also this thread:
    http://community.seven.com/forum/vie...t=battery+life

Now here's the question: If the beta is always connected to the Internet, why is there a menu option saying when to push your e-mail?!

That extended battery can't come soon enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Seven is sapping my battery power! Even when I choose to disconnect from Power Vision (EVDO), it re-connects anyway! Amazingly, I think this also happens when the phone is off.

I went to a tech Sprint store in San Jose to see if I could fix the problem, there was nothing they could do for me. Earlier in the day, I e-mailed one of the Seven tech support people about it. This evening, this is what he wrote about the Seven beta and battery life:

See also this thread:
    http://community.seven.com/forum/vie...t=battery+life

Now here's the question: If the beta is always connected to the Internet, why is there a menu option saying when to push your e-mail?!

That extended battery can't come soon enough!
    The rep that emailed you speaketh the truth. Seven is killing my battery the way it is functioning now, but as he said, it's because the connection keeps cutting out. Once they fix that it should hit the battery just as much as ActiveSync.
    The option to change push email times is only so you don't get woken up during the night or disturbed on weekends, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I use seven for my secondary pushmail and like mention not so stable. For my business I use 1and1.com for $4.95. I have had for a year and a half with zero issues. Its importamt to get my biz emails pushed and these free programs just don't cut it and I've tried a few.
    Exchange? I know mailx was just released, was you on beta for that or something? Even their regular imap email is $12 a year....

I've been considering www.sherweb.com . I tried exchange on 1and1 and the setup was terrible....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I just recieved the following e-mail from Sprint:

Effective September 1, 2008, Business Connection Personal Edition will be retired.

If you are still using this wireless email service and would like a replacement option, please visit www.sprint.com/mobileemail for information on Sprint Mobile Email. Or you can visit www.sprint.com/business to learn about mobile email solutions with BlackBerry Email and Windows Mobile.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For questions or additional information, please dial *2 on your Sprint phone. Thank you for your business.
    sadly I got the same.... so now what do we do?

I just recieved the following e-mail from Sprint:

Effective September 1, 2008, Business Connection Personal Edition will be retired.

If you are still using this wireless email service and would like a replacement option, please visit www.sprint.com/mobileemail for information on Sprint Mobile Email. Or you can visit www.sprint.com/business to learn about mobile email solutions with BlackBerry Email and Windows Mobile.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For questions or additional information, please dial *2 on your Sprint phone. Thank you for your business.
    yep.
    It worked great for me. Downside: it DESTROYED the battery life. I did a simple comparison, day vs day, push vs. pull email. I didn't make it home from work on the push day, but when I had outlook using 1/2 hour syncs I got home at 70%.

Try your own test.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    It worked great for me. Downside: it DESTROYED the battery life. I did a simple comparison, day vs day, push vs. pull email. I didn't make it home from work on the push day, but when I had outlook using 1/2 hour syncs I got home at 70%.

Try your own test.
    It sounds like Seven's 'push' isn't true push...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast