Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night, man. I'm sure real soon now we'll all be rich and good looking, too.
    Not sure what you're talking about, but feel free to continue babbling.

All I know is that my Mogul does a lot of things the 800w can't and still benchmarks at about 200% with CorePlayer running AVC DVDs. Hotness.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    So I'll be that guy who asks the annoying questions:

How does scrolling correlate with a 3d card?
    Isn't scrolling a 2d function?

I believe that the 3D card exists in the 800W, but I don't see how it applies to the head-to-head scrolling video on Youtube.
    Any video card that doesn't have the proper drivers, even on desktops will display poor performance on the simplest of tasks, like moving a window or scrolling through text.

This goes to prove that Palm took the time to make sure the graphics card on the chip was properly installed in the OS so that performance would not suffer. It's not necessarily about 2D or 3D, it's about drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah as mentioned in the upcoming Podcast on WME:

Using something like Resco Explorer, the file in question has the following default attributes:
    • Hidden
    • System
    • Read-Only
    • ROM

So you must have your file explorer program show "hidden" files.

Attached is the file in question. Not sure if it can run like this standalone.
    Ran this on my 700WX, just out of curiosity.

Unfortunately, there is no display of fps. The Cube spins fast and the yellow ball whips around the cube pretty quickly. No hesitation or jerkiness, but at who knows what frame rate.

This is with XCPUScalar at 520.

It is a bit slower without XCPUScalar running.

Too bad the fps counter does not display.
    Yeah, you gotta wonder if the 700wx also had the drivers too ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about, but feel free to continue babbling.

All I know is that my Mogul does a lot of things the 800w can't and still benchmarks at about 200% with CorePlayer running AVC DVDs. Hotness.
    Out of pure morbid curiosity, given that I own both devices, what exactly do you think the Mogul can do that the 800w can't?
    Jeff Kirvin
    Author of Between Heaven and Hell, a different kind of SF novel.
    Get it at eReader http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/5493
    or Fictionwise http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook29869.htm

For the sequel, check out eSerials at http://www.serialfiction.net

Listen to the Maximum Geek Podcast!
    http://www.solomedia.org/podcast/
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Out of pure morbid curiosity, given that I own both devices, what exactly do you think the Mogul can do that the 800w can't?
    I had thought about asking, but just decided not to feed the troll.

BTW, for anyone interested, the D3D Driver for the Kaiser release last night force my co-worker to hard reset his XV6800. I wouldn't recommend trying it on a Mogul unless you feel like a hard reset. His XV6800 gets about 3-4fps in the spinning cube test.
    I guess that you haven't learned to search. How about:

voice dial over BT
    standalone GPS
    sidetone
    run apps that aren't coded specifically for 320x320 screens
    I tried the cube test on a Sprint Touch last night. It was abyssmal (about 2 fps). My 800w is doing 40 fps. Now I know why Sprint TV looks so good on this thing.

Todd/Indy
    Well, now that we know its doing d3d, the next question is... Can we get the NEW HTC touch flo 3d app to run on it. This app required d3d accel to run and now that we have another phone other than the HTC diamond, it may be possible. The only thing that now must be done is, port it over from 640x480 to 320x320.
  10.    #50  

voice dial over BT
    standalone GPS
    sidetone
    I know I shouldn't give in to this trollbaiting, but I just can't help it...

The voice dial thing is a bug, I'll admit to that one. Should be fixed before long.

Anywhere I'm going to use GPS I'm going to need data for the gorram maps, so aGPS works just fine for me.

WTF is a sidetone?

I run lots of apps that aren't coded for 320x320 screens. Most of them work just fine. They either scroll or in the case of skinned apps stretch the 240x240 skin to fit. Very few apps just don't work.

Like I said, I own both, and I by far prefer the Treo. If you prefer the Mogul, that's cool. Just do it over there, willya?
    Jeff Kirvin
    Author of Between Heaven and Hell, a different kind of SF novel.
    Get it at eReader http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/5493
    or Fictionwise http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook29869.htm

For the sequel, check out eSerials at http://www.serialfiction.net

Listen to the Maximum Geek Podcast!
    http://www.solomedia.org/podcast/
    Bah. I only get 3.4 fps on my touch. Nonetheless, for most apps its not a big deal. Slingbox / TCPMP&Coreplayer for video screams due to the GDI implementation.

Occasionally when I surf the web, I get a stutter effect that can prob. be attributed to this issue. Its a little disheartening that HTC wont release drivers, but I can understand it, I mean they release more than one device every 2 years...

*ducks* Just kidding, ppl geez

It would be interesting to see what results the Touch Pro gets on its 640x480 screen

voice dial over BT
    standalone GPS
    sidetone
    Don't forget Plug in and charge with any miniusb adaptor out there. MicroUSB sucks, at least in the short term.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    MicroUSB sucks, at least in the short term.
    Not sure why. Many devices are moving to MicroUSB. Plenty of places offer MicroUSB cheap (Walmart, $10).
    WTF is a sidetone?
    search button
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Not sure why. Many devices are moving to MicroUSB. Plenty of places offer MicroUSB cheap (Walmart, $10).
    Because I want to use the same adaptor that I use for my bluetooth headset, gps, sony reader, sd card reader + I have a couple of auto adaptors that are mini usb. Also no matter where I go, someone has a mini usb adaptor. For example I might go to my friends house and plug in my phone while there if somewhat low.
    Because I want to use the same adaptor that I use for my bluetooth headset, gps, sony reader, sd card reader + I have a couple of auto adaptors that are mini usb. Also no matter where I go, someone has a mini usb adaptor. For example I might go to my friends house and plug in my phone while there if somewhat low.
    Micro -> Mini (or vice/versa) adapters are plentiful and cheap.

I just ordered several Micro USB cables and car chargers. Cost me a whopping $20 for two of each, including shipping. I'll keep a cable at home and work, and a car charger in each of my rigs.

Heck, I'm just glad I don't have the Athena connecter anymore. Used to be I had to carry the cables, or spend $200-250 for the same capabilities that just cost me $20.

If you wanna complain about spending $20, you're cheaper than I am (I carried cables for my 700wx ).
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    search button
    Please stop trolling... Your unproductive posts to this thread are wasting valuable pixels.
    Bah. I only get 3.4 fps on my touch. Nonetheless, for most apps its not a big deal. Slingbox / TCPMP&Coreplayer for video screams due to the GDI implementation.

Occasionally when I surf the web, I get a stutter effect that can prob. be attributed to this issue. Its a little disheartening that HTC wont release drivers, but I can understand it, I mean they release more than one device every 2 years...

*ducks* Just kidding, ppl geez

It would be interesting to see what results the Touch Pro gets on its 640x480 screen
    Why use GDI? The newest ROMs use DirectDraw and it's better and faster than GDI.

FWIW, many phones get much higher fps scores with even slower CPUs so the test must be pretty specific for the drivers themselves.
    I tried this on my Samsung i760 wm6.1 phone and it does not even open.
    Why use GDI? The newest ROMs use DirectDraw and it's better and faster than GDI.

FWIW, many phones get much higher fps scores with even slower CPUs so the test must be pretty specific for the drivers themselves.
    GDI has to be used due to the crappy directdraw drivers on the Touch/Mogul.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast