1.    #1  
    Ok I think I've partially figured out why my battery life is so crappy. I left work at 5pm today at 100% charge, made 3 phone calls, no internet use, no text messages, and no emails. IR is off, bluetooth was off. By 8pm I was down to 37%.

On my 700wx I would leave EVDO connected all the time, and it would grey out when not transmitting and my battery life was perfect on the stock battery.

On this phone, I have closed every app possible, and my EVDO will not grey out, it's constantly transmitting, and when I reset, it dials for a connection and beings transmitting right away. What the hell is it transmitting?

www.jallenphoto.net/1.jpg
    www.jallenphoto.net/2.jpg

Task manager showing all running processes.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I noticed this too and thought something was wrong, but mine finally did grey out when not in use. Therefore, something still must be using the net. What about you soft-resetting and then connect with IE. See what that does.

Edit: See the following:

Last edited by santos; 07/16/2008 at 08:38 PM.
  3.    #3  
    and when I reset, it dials for a connection and beings transmitting right away.
    I already stated that after a battery pull reset, the device dials for connection before i even launch any apps.

If I try to cancel the connection, it retries over and over until I let it connect.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    sounds like you have some direct push email enabled. mine will do the connect immediatly (and you cant stop it) thing if I have the 'as items arrive' setting for hotmail or my exchange server.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    I already stated that after a battery pull reset, the device dials for connection before i even launch any apps.

If I try to cancel the connection, it retries over and over until I let it connect.
    Sorry. I missed that. Do you have Activesync setup to poll a company exchange server or a pop/imap mail server every x minutes? It definitely sounds like a push email issue.
  6.    #6  
    nope, i have only setup mail in windows live, but i dont open it anymore, and and no exhange server. default activesync settings
    I think you might just need to re-provision your phone and update profile. Call C.S and tell them what's going on and in a few minutes see what happens after the provisioning.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  8.    #8  
    solved it. windows live was still running a background service that was keeping my evdo constant for ms's "push" hotmail. as soon as i set everything to manual and removed my account info from windows live it stopped and is now responding the same as my 700 did. now to monitor the battery life with this problem gone lol