1.    #1  
    I know this is a dumb question! but for real...is anyone elses treo 800w back cover HARD to remove. I mean i feel like im going to break the phone removing the back cover
    Same here, makes carrying a spare battery less appealing...
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    It is difficult. But I found if you place your thumb by the microUSB port, and place your 4 remaining fingers just below the Sprint logo on the back and press and slide towards your thumb. It should come off pretty easy. I struggled a bit with it too a first, but the above method works well for me.
    Agree....soooooooo hard to take the battery cover off..

and whenever I try harder, i feel like i'm breaking the phone itself already
    Not only do I feel like I am breaking the phone, because I press it against my chest while pulling feverishly, I also feel like an *****. Here I with my brand new $600 phone, my wife is looking at me like I am crazy, because I am sweating and getting pissed off trying to remove the cover. She looks at me and asks, "is it defective?" I smirk...
    It is easy to get off, but the other night it took me like 5 minutes. The thing wouldn't want to come off. I blame the heat or humidity down here.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    I know this is a dumb question! but for real...is anyone elses treo 800w back cover HARD to remove. I mean i feel like im going to break the phone removing the back cover
    cup it in both hands, back of the phone facing you, usb port on top and camera on the bottom.

use both forefingers to brace it across the space bar, place both thumbs over the sprint logo on the cover.

push slightly in and then up with your thumbs. comes off with minimal effort.

have fun,
    john
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    Not only do I feel like I am breaking the phone, because I press it against my chest while pulling feverishly, I also feel like an *****. Here I with my brand new $600 phone, my wife is looking at me like I am crazy, because I am sweating and getting pissed off trying to remove the cover. She looks at me and asks, "is it defective?" I smirk...
    Its Palm immitating the IPhone. The 900W will feature a non-removable battery cover and a hard wired battery.
    I have two, and one of em is super easy to remove with one hand, and the other is really tough. I fear breaking the phone every time I try opening it.
    just like the centro, its hard to open it... i too was having a hard time opening both

i use the palm of my hand, slightly press the cover then slide down...
    Maybe grease the back cover--the sides and grooves on the back of the cover--before putting it back on?
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    It is difficult. But I found if you place your thumb by the microUSB port, and place your 4 remaining fingers just below the Sprint logo on the back and press and slide towards your thumb. It should come off pretty easy. I struggled a bit with it too a first, but the above method works well for me.
    Hahah! Thanks for the tip, I just was able to get it off with little difficulty using your method! Just this evening I had gone to the grocery store and was going to listen to some music on the way, but for the first time since I got the phone it hung and I kept trying to get the cover off, finally just gave up! Had to wait till I got home to have a working phone - the way I was able to get the cover off was to use a rubber glove. Seriously my hands aren't that oily, but without know exactly where to apply pressure on this thing it's almost impossible to remove!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Hahah! Thanks for the tip, I just was able to get it off with little difficulty using your method! Just this evening I had gone to the grocery store and was going to listen to some music on the way, but for the first time since I got the phone it hung and I kept trying to get the cover off, finally just gave up! Had to wait till I got home to have a working phone - the way I was able to get the cover off was to use a rubber glove. Seriously my hands aren't that oily, but without know exactly where to apply pressure on this thing it's almost impossible to remove!
    Glad I could be of help. I should have said on my post, to put your fingers on the Sprint logo, that makes it even easier.
    I've also had a hard time removing the battery cover. After charging for a few hours, I went to activate the phone and couldn't get the cover off to give the Sprint rep my ESN. Had to read it from the box - sheesh.

Anyway, the solution for me was egrips. I cut out and applied a small egrip the size of a postage stamp to the center of the battery cover (over the Sprint logo) and PRESTO...no more problems removing the cover. Plus, I like the extra grippiness while holding the phone or putting on my car dash. Hope this works for others.

http://www.egrips.com/
    just grab a t-shirt, put it around the phone and slide the panel off.
    i can't seem to take the cover off unless i do this.
  16. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. I found if you hold the phone with both hands and put each thumb on the Sprint logo it will come off pretty easy.