1.    #1  
    I went into the local Sprint store to check out the 800w today.

On the display model the gps would not work at all, the wi fi kept locking up the system, and the whole OS seemed sluggish and kept locking up. The rep there just kept apologizing and trying to get me to look at other phones.

I don't have a lot of experience with WM devices but if this is normal behavior this phone is not gonna cut it.

The 2 biggest reasons I was waiting for this phone is the wi-fi and the gps and both seem to be a bust.

I am wondering if I need to wait to check out the Diamond when it comes out.
    That's not normal.

WiFi works fine for me.

aGPS works spectacularly as well. Stand alone GPS does not function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    That's not normal.

WiFi works fine for me.

aGPS works spectacularly as well. Stand alone GPS does not function.
    I'll admit that I don't know much about aGPS/GPS. How would GarminXT or TomTom6 work on this device if standalone GPS is not working? I thought some did get GarminXT to work on the device, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribletts View Post

On the display model the gps would not work at all, the wi fi kept locking up the system, and the whole OS seemed sluggish and kept locking up. The rep there just kept apologizing and trying to get me to look at other phones.

I don't have a lot of experience with WM devices but if this is normal behavior this phone is not gonna cut it.

The 2 biggest reasons I was waiting for this phone is the wi-fi and the gps and both seem to be a bust.

I am wondering if I need to wait to check out the Diamond when it comes out.
    If you were in Houston then I might have said that you got the one I tested in store. When I bought mine at the store the display model was not activated so I downloaded things off the internet through WiFi (God bless someone with open Linksys router). I installed many apps without issues, played with it. Tried to hack gps coudlnt do it...... anyways after almost hour I gave up in it and then bought mine. I would suggest a hard reset in order to check true functionality of treo 800w .
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribletts View Post

I too found the demo unit slow and unstable until I closed all running applications and started over. Over the course of a day everyone and their brother launched every possible application.
    i installed google maps to gps me

everything worked the same as on the mogul

my gps doesnt have any problems...im not a gps expert, but i know mine works and i can get "my location" ,etc.

im not goin treo for life or whatever,but so far, im extremely satisfied...