1.    #1  
    Couldn't get activesync to work w/ my computer. wouldn't recognize the device...rebooting. So what else is new?

I configured server source from the 800, and selected HTML under e-mail options, and synced.

The beauty of exchange!

Anyway.. go to read my first mail and PLAIN text. Went back to options, and HTML is grayed out.

So one of the highest things on my wish list evaporated. Do the nazi IT guys at my company have it turned off? Or is there stuff outdated?

No point calling them..."We do not support mobile devices"
    Probably IT has disabled it.
    I am getting my HTML mail just fine.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Couldn't get activesync to work w/ my computer. wouldn't recognize the device...rebooting. So what else is new?

I configured server source from the 800, and selected HTML under e-mail options, and synced.

The beauty of exchange!

Anyway.. go to read my first mail and PLAIN text. Went back to options, and HTML is grayed out.

So one of the highest things on my wish list evaporated. Do the nazi IT guys at my company have it turned off? Or is there stuff outdated?

No point calling them..."We do not support mobile devices"
    My guess your accessing a pre-Exchange 2007 server. Versions up to 2007 convert html to plaintext for push emails, only 2007 will push htmls.

You should be able to use IMAP to get html formatted emails but not pushed.

I was pretty disappointed when I found that one out myself.
    Just waiting for the upgrade to 2007...
  4.    #4  
    Is there a standard for IMAP settings? I'm guessing they have it turned on, but they "won't support mobile" devices.

example: the exchange server is mail.company.com
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    is there a way to configure the mail app to always load pictures?