1.    #1  
    I'm curious because I heard that it drains the battery even when not in use. I really don't want to disable bluetooth when it's not in use because I'd like quick access to it (with my car kit, my headset in my office, to connect to my bluetooth printer in my car, etc). Is there an easy way to disconnect? Also, is it really a huge battery drainer?
    Just use something like hbutton or aeb+ to map the bluetooth on/off to a hard key.
  3.    #3  
    I appreciate it, but I'm not putting any 3rd party hack programs on this phone. I've done it with all the others, but this thing is so new that I don't want to chance it. Windows 6.1, GPS, wifi, etc. I just want to keep it simple.

I actually think I found an easy way from the today screen. I didn't notice the Wireless Manager under the menu button on the right; this may work.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    On the 700wx on sprint you can just click on the bluetooth icon on the today screen to take you to the bluetooth management screen. Does this work?
  5.    #5  
    Yes, but that takes a few steps, especially with larger fingers; I'd have to take out the stylus, move to that tab, and then disable it. The Wireless Manager will have to work for now if I see my battery is getting low and I'm not buy a charger and have no need for bluetooth at the time. Thx!
    Wireless manager is the way to go.

Hit end key to take you to Today screen.
    Hit right menu button.
    Scroll up to Wireless Manager.
    Hit the button for Bluetooth.

Four easy steps that take me about 10 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

Hit right menu button.

Thanks, now can you give a shortcut to go the the alarm clock?

My Smartphone was a little easier to manage. (Moto Q9c) I guess there will be a memory curve to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Thanks, now can you give a shortcut to go the the alarm clock?
    I wish! This is one of the biggest annoyances for me!
  9. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Hit right menu button.

This is a great solution. Thank you.

I simplified it a step further by leaving it open. I just hold in ok to open up the taskmanager, select it, and then click on bluetooth. Very elegant and much better then me trying to hit that little icon with my pinky while driving.
    I wish! This is one of the biggest annoyances for me!
    Create a shortcut someplace under \Windows\Start Menu\Programs with the target set to:

ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,16

You could also add an icon to it. For example if ScriptIcons.dll contained an icon of an alarm clock at resourceId 118 and you wanted your shortcut to use that icon the target would be:

ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,16?ScriptIcons.dll,118

If you have installed TreoAlerts it installs ScriptIcons.dll. You could probably find the resource file that settings uses to use those icons also.

Anyway, the whole point of this is that you could now add this shortcut to your favorite launcher on the Today screen for easy access. I use the Resco Today plugin and add the shortcut there. Easy one hand access to the Clocks & Alarms settings.

If anyone is interested I could put a cab together to create the shortcut and install the icon.

Edit: Here's the cab. It installs the shortcut in a Settings folder under Programs. Once installed you can add it to a launcher or assign it to a button etc.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 07/16/2008 at 07:15 PM.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Sounds like a few folks here need AE Button. You can quickly disable BT by following my set-up.

I have the 'OK' button set to be handled by AE in such a way.

1 Press = OK/Close
    2 Press = AE's Task Manager
    3 Press = AE' Actions Menu (this is where you can select from a menu for Turn BT off, Soft-reset, connect/disconnect the internet, show mem usage, etc.)
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    You can also install Treo Alert Pro and keep it on the Today screen. Tap it and the menu comes up - one of the options is to toggle bluetooth on or off.
    Last edited by psywzrd; 07/17/2008 at 10:25 AM.