Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I just changed phones from a Mogul to an 800w. The one thing I really liked about the Mogul (besides the big screen) was the HTC Task Manager which allowed me to close programs by just clicking on the X in the upper right corner of the app I was in. Plus it would allow for a drop down screen on the Today menu which showed a drop down of the running programs so you can either switch to them or close one (or all) of the programs running. I downloaded the HTC app but it would not work on the 800w. I also tried Magic Button but it isn't as usable as the HTC app. Does anyone know of a like progam to the HTC app?
    Diddya hold down "OK" yet?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I'm also looking for this.
    plus look at this picture:
    http://www.pocketpt.net/forum/upload...1207880214.jpg
    on the upper line there is a list of running applications - can this be done on treo?
    Handyswitcher by Dinarsoft

http://www.dinarsoft.com/handyswitcher/

Quote Originally Posted by tilroc View Post
    I just changed phones from a Mogul to an 800w. The one thing I really liked about the Mogul (besides the big screen) was the HTC Task Manager which allowed me to close programs by just clicking on the X in the upper right corner of the app I was in. Plus it would allow for a drop down screen on the Today menu which showed a drop down of the running programs so you can either switch to them or close one (or all) of the programs running. I downloaded the HTC app but it would not work on the 800w. I also tried Magic Button but it isn't as usable as the HTC app. Does anyone know of a like progam to the HTC app?
    I like a row of icons on the today screen but the launcher program I used on the 700wx would not work on the 800w. I found Resco "Today Plug-in" that gives me the row of icons and works, it also has an option to show running programs.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I am using AE Button till a WisBar fix is released.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Diddya hold down "OK" yet?
    haha - yes I know about the OK button but I definitely don't find this as functional as the HTC app - especially the X close out when in a program. Thanks though.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I like a row of icons on the today screen but the launcher program I used on the 700wx would not work on the 800w. I found Resco "Today Plug-in" that gives me the row of icons and works, it also has an option to show running programs.
    I have never cared for a row of icons on my mobile screen no more then I like a bunch of icons on my PC's desktop. That is what makes the HTC app so appealing is how clean (not cluttered) it was.
    Does WisBar Lite work?
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidm View Post
    I'm also looking for this.
    plus look at this picture:
    http://www.pocketpt.net/forum/upload...1207880214.jpg
    on the upper line there is a list of running applications - can this be done on treo?
    that's wktask, it's supported on the 800w according to an earlier post in the forum
    Mal,

Do you still use the AEBP task switcher? I feel like it was the best thing ever. 1 click brought it up, 5way to select or close. Perfect!

Does it still allow you 4 functions on the side button? I LOVE my super side button on my WX.

I would almost be devastated if it didn't work...
    QuickMenu google it you'll found it.

Quote Originally Posted by tilroc View Post
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    I've tested a bunch of Task Managers and my favorite hands down is WKTask. It's got some great features. I love being able to switch/close programs with one hand and without touching the screen.

http://soft.photoracer.net/docs/wktask_en.html
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    I've tested a bunch of Task Managers and my favorite hands down is WKTask. It's got some great features. I love being able to switch/close programs with one hand and without touching the screen.

http://soft.photoracer.net/docs/wktask_en.html
    I use Small Menu Plus. It allows me to close applications, using hand handed operation as well. In addition, it also allows me to close all running apps/taks, except foe the current. Small Menu also has cascading menus, so I can easily run my apps with one handed operation. This then allows me to assign the Hold OK button to something else.