Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, who's not happy with there new toy?

Who is going to return it with in there 30 days?

Why?

Are you thinking about it?

Thanks, cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    not me, i need to exchange to see if the crackling sound on speakerphone is on another treo 800
    Keeping mine.

I do miss my 700wx. I have it sitting next to me on my desk, and I keep looking at it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Keeping mine.

I do miss my 700wx. I have it sitting next to me on my desk, and I keep looking at it.....
    I miss mine too, but am definitely happy I upgraded. The 700wx was solid, and weighed as much as solid gold.
    im a little disapointed with the quality of the speaker, and the battery life is def. a disapointment.

on the other hand, the screen/resolution, speed/lack of lockups/lag, and evdo rev-a, are making it next to impossible to part with.
    I'm seriously considering returning mine and going back to my MotoQ9C until the new HTC phones come out in a couple of months. I want to be able to use my phone and not constantly worry about battery life and, right now, the Treo just does not allow that. With my Q, I could keep my screen brightness all the way up, keep my bluetooth on, browse the web, talk for hours and not have to worry about my battery. With the Treo, you have to be so careful to only turn on something when its absolutely needed and screen brightness turned down to at least half way is a must.

To me, battery is such a huge disappointment, that it's overshadowing everything positive about the phone. Also, the fact that I can't pair it with my TomTom 920 is rather disturbing. It won't accept the pair code. If anyone else has gotten around this issue, please let me know!
    id rather have to batteries (one for day/one for night) if i have to then go back to the mogul

love the new treo, and as a first time treo/palm user, im extremely satisfied so far
    I've been able to tame the voice quality & crackling speaker issue somewhat by turning down the volume, so I'm keeping -- esp since I'm on an 'old' SERO plan. Too much to love about this phone to return. To name a few: Rev-A in my area (Baltimore) is off the hook fast (no need for wifi). Also, I've never had a WM device where my email (hosted Exchange acct) is soooooo fast. Emails arrive on my Treo the split second they show up in my desktop mailbox. Finally, was scared about the battery but after a few days, it's totally acceptable for my day-to-day use.
    battery life = bad
    LCD brightness = bad
    app incompatibility = bad
    no standalone GPS = bad
    call quality = bad
    speakerphone = bad
    no voice dailing over BT = bad

built quality = good
    speed/RAM = good
    QWERTY keyboard candybar form = good

So far, the battery is a total joke. My Mogul with an 1800mAh battery lasts me almost twice as long. That and the call quality will probably kill the deal.
    I am returning it before the 30 days. I got one to test out so I could learn WM as I am an avid POS user. I just don't see the benefits of WM compared to a rock solid and fast 755p or centro. Multi-tasking is nothing great for me. A GPS is nice but I have both in my car and never really needed it elsewhere. I use google maps and plug in the town I am in to get a local map. I certainly don't need wifi. EV-DO, even rev 0, is plenty fast for browsing on such a small screen. Finally, just like I can't use the centro because of the battery, I think this will be much worse because of GPS and wifi.

So now I need to decide what do with my extra $30 SERO plan. I was OK spending $30/month to play with a new toy but I don't really need a centro and 755p activated at the same time.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I'm hoping the battery comes around. I do miss the massive size and screen of the Mogul. Actually I still have it. Going to ring it out some more before I make a decision.

I know everyone is tired of hearing this but geez, Palm had well over 2 years to get this one right. One crappy battery can be huge and it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    I am returning it before the 30 days. I got one to test out so I could learn WM as I am an avid POS user. I just don't see the benefits of WM compared to a rock solid and fast 755p or centro. Multi-tasking is nothing great for me. A GPS is nice but I have both in my car and never really needed it elsewhere. I use google maps and plug in the town I am in to get a local map. I certainly don't need wifi. EV-DO, even rev 0, is plenty fast for browsing on such a small screen. Finally, just like I can't use the centro because of the battery, I think this will be much worse because of GPS and wifi.

So now I need to decide what do with my extra $30 SERO plan. I was OK spending $30/month to play with a new toy but I don't really need a centro and 755p activated at the same time.
    I used WM for years, before I switched to a Treo 600. I stayed with POS for years, up until the 755 and loved it. I switched to the 700wx early this year, in anticipation of the 800w. WM felt good, but it took about 30 days for me to fully realize why I preferred WM and would never to back to POS. Get familiar for about a month, and you may be surprised. If not, there is certainly nothing wrong with preferring POS over WM. Differences in opinion is what makes the world go 'round.

As for me, although I keep feeling like I am cheating on my 700wx, I am keeping the 800w. With big hands, the 700wx actually felt better in my hands, but certainly not in my pocket. Even with poor battery life, the 800w is the better phone. I am not worried about the apps; they will all be corrected in a short period of time. Although I continue to fondle my 700wx with Ebagg's stripped WM6 ROM, and although the 700wx was rock solid for me, I reiterate... the 800w is my new companion.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I'm hoping the battery comes around. I do miss the massive size and screen of the Mogul. Actually I still have it. Going to ring it out some more before I make a decision.

I know everyone is tired of hearing this but geez, Palm had well over 2 years to get this one right. One crappy battery can be huge and it is.
    this is the main thing that keeps me from switching. the battery on my blackberry last forever.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I will admit that the 700wx is playing caddy and probably will be for another week or so. I had so much installed on the wx that I just couldn't get it all on the w in a day or three. Ctrl Key Pro doesn't work the same. I can't access the settings from it. I miss the 700wx battery tremendously, and the emulators.

The LCD is not great but I found it to be perfectly readable in sunlight at half brightness. Different color schemes help tremendously.

In the end whether I keep it or not may come down to the GPS. I've said for months that this would be the dealmaker and if it's locked it might end up a deal breaker. Hopefully eBag will talk to Palm and some hacks will miraculously appear on the forums.
    Well when I'm in the truck I charge it no matter where the battery level is at just to give it a little more. Its no big deal but never had to do this with any phone I've ever owned.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    My 800 is staying with me. The 700wx is just too massive for me. Seidio said their xtend battery will be along in 3 weeks, so I can be patient. Even still, the battery is not a deal killer for me. The other features will more than enough make up for the lack of battery longevity. Even my 700wx had **** poor batt life, but I made up for it with a 2nd batt, I will probably do the same till the enhanced battery come out.
    battery's lasted about 9 hours on first day

like i said, 2 battery's and a charger sound alright for me...
    I'm leaning towards keeping mine...though I wouldn't mind if they applied the "grocery shrinkray" and made the device thinner.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Eh...I had to return it...I had it 2 days then I went back to the Centro...I did like the Rev A and the GPS..But its all kinda over hyped...I paid the full price so that if i did intent to keep it they would have applied the discounts and extended my contract..but now im still set to expire on contract in December..I like the centro for the Calendar...and my Unlimited Lifetime Subscription of Mobi Tv..
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    Although I haven't sold my Mogul yet (i'm wondering who the poor sap will be), I'm keeping it. I plan on keeping the 2nd battery Sprint gave me for free in my pocket when I know I'm going to be away from my car for a long time. The benefits this phone has over the Mogul FOR ME will keep me with it.

Plus, I'm stubborn.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast