Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Hey all,

A palm os convert that was using PowerOne Finance on my Treo 700p that is in need of another good financial calculator. PowerOne, althrough available for win mobile, is not as well done as the palm version so I'm looking to make a switch.

Any recommendations?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    With the new 320x320 screen, what do you recommend? Any financial calculator users?
    If you can't find anything...u can use a palm emulator (styletap) and run all your palm apps. It's a bit pricey last time I checked. I have it but it used up a lot of space on the 700wx. W/ the 800, and the extra space 8GB micro sd...I'll probably get around to running a few palm apps. If you know of a great calc... that's free and/or cheap.... let me know. The wm calc sucks.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Any recommendations at all? Surely somebody here is using a financial calculator of some type......
    What do you mean by financial calculator? What exactly does it have to calculate?
    i believe he/she is looking for something that will calculate things like amortization schedules like an hp12c or texas instruments ba2 will.

Go to download dot com and run some searches. most are probably not adapted for wm 6 yet so you will have to just try them and see if they work. Please report back what you find.
    I would recommend getting the PPC version of HP 12C. I have the real unit and the program on my 700wx. It's really time tested and all you might need. Google hp12c software.
    I don't use Excel much, but aren't there macros/templates for Excel Mobile that can do financial calculations?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I don't use Excel much, but aren't there macros/templates for Excel Mobile that can do financial calculations?
    Yes but for constantly changing on the fly calculations you really need a dedicated calc, which it sounds like the OP needs.

Don't know much about winmob financial calculators, but a regular one is pretty cheap these days. Does it have to be on your device? Might be less of a headache to just buy a dedicated one.
    Anyone want to start a petition to Palm to port their excellent built-in calculator on Treo POS to WM? Math, trig, financial, unit conversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    Anyone want to start a petition to Palm to port their excellent built-in calculator on Treo POS to WM? Math, trig, financial, unit conversion.
    I do miss the Palm OS calculator.

I expected the WM calculator to AT LEAST have a "scientific" calculator like is in desktop editions of Windows.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I fully support the petition.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The calculator on the 700p is one of the things I miss the most. Hard to believe there is no clone for WM out there.
    Also check HiCalc is commercial but very complete and recently updated to take full advantage of the 320x320 resolution. It has Trig, Fin, Conversion, Matrices, Currency and multiple other functions.

I also expected a ported version of the native Palm calculator on the 800 instead of the pathetic WM one.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I miss the power and simplicity of Palm's Calc app too.

Actually, I am finding more and more I miss about the PalmOS (3 character contact lookups? Fields that expect numbers without my having to option+number them in? The hundreds of dollars of applications I left behind). I like the hardware (well, maybe not the battery life) but am slow to warm up to WM 6.1.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I am looking for a similar application but for the 15c and found the following, thought it might be helpful.

http://www.download.com/MxCalc-12C-W...dlPid=10832009
    I'm using the PowerOne version from the 755 ROM running on StyleTap. Hard to beat that PowerOne calculator!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011