Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Howdy again...

Just curious if anyone is having issues with excel attachments in .xls being downloaded. I am trying to pull one from an exchange server. I have marked it for download, it appears to begin downloading the attachment, and then it goes back to the attachment displaying but unable to be opened (because it hasn't been downloaded yet).

Thanks in advance-

John
    Quote Originally Posted by johnstad View Post
    Howdy again...

Just curious if anyone is having issues with excel attachments in .xls being downloaded. I am trying to pull one from an exchange server. I have marked it for download, it appears to begin downloading the attachment, and then it goes back to the attachment displaying but unable to be opened (because it hasn't been downloaded yet).

Thanks in advance-

John
    No Problems here...just sent myself an attached spreadsheet and it downloaded and opened right up.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    No Problems here...just sent myself an attached spreadsheet and it downloaded and opened right up.
    Thanks for your response. I'm still having issues doenloading attachments. The settings are the same as my 700wx.

Anyone having this issue out there? Suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Thanks-

John
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I have been around and around with Palm phone support....not fun...no help. Has ANYONE had any issues with this?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I appear to be having the same issue. I have my Treo set up to automatically download attachments but it does not appear to be doing so. It also doesn't download the attachments properly when I "force" it to download them.

Can anyone help?
    Interesting. What happens if you set it to not download attachments automatically then try to force it?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Interesting. What happens if you set it to not download attachments automatically then try to force it?
    That actually worked! I have no idea why it worked but it did. I don't want to use my phone this way though. If I tell it to download attachments automatically, that's what I want it to do. Thanks for the suggestion though. At least I was able to retrieve this one specific attachment.
    That's quite an odd issue. I wish Palm had a bug reporting site.
    We should all go to their forums and suggest that....
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.