Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am not one of you, I am a devil worshipping, bill gates slave. But if you are here on the 800w forums, you also decided not to empty your wallets to ATT in order to be an iPhone devotee ether.

But I do love my wife, who in turn, loves her Mac. It is an unfortunately and difficult love triangle.

So, I got to sync the 800w to Entourage. I set up conduits for the palm os which worked fine two years ago on her mac (a g5) but now I am in the dark. There is no physical hot synch button, there deos not seem to be Mac os software, conduits etc of any kind on the disk that came with the 800w.

This is a two year nightmare for me and I forget everything in the interim.

Who can help me, and keep me from having to sleep on the couch?

Where do I start? When I hook the 800w to the g5 via USB I get nothing but a smirking silence from the mac.
    Ok, if you want to keep loving your wife and not the couch, get ''The Missing Sync'' for Windows Mobile from Mark/Space.

It syncs to Mail.app, Address Book, iCal and Entourage.
    I use it on my WM6 Treo 700Wx.
    If you want MissingSync, please let me know. I have a license, but no longer have my Macbook...so I can sell it to you for a good price.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I second the MissingSync recommendation. A little quirky for sure but works great.
  5.    #5  
    I guess as a start: is it normal for the mac not to even see the 800w? This happened with no palm os Treo.

For example, Do I need missing sync to just transfer a file?

Is there no palm usb driver outside a paid solution at all for mac osx so it even sees it, the files and card data?
    You can transfer a file over bluetooth.. Just select the file in Finder, then press Command+Shift+B. A window will pop up and let you pick a bluetooth device to send the file to.

If you want to transfer files over USB, you'll need some kind of software unless Windows Mobile has a disk-drive mode (like CardExport on Palm OS). I only have a POS Treo. To transfer files, you either need to install Palm Desktop, use bluetooth, or use CardExport. I assume it's the same on WinMo.
    Your best bet is to just go with Missing Sync. It's top notch and will make setup painless for you (and her)!
    Downloaded MS but it won't recognize when I plug in my 800w. Ideas why?? Todd
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Has anyone actually tried MissingSync with the 800w? 800w seems to break a lot of stuff that works with the HTC WinMo devices, and I wouldn't be even a little surprised if MissingSync is one of those casualties.
    800w doesn't show up yet under supported devices. You can request they support it at: http://www.markspace.com/survey_newproduct.html

Interestingly, there's a tiny asterisk about how SMS on a Palm WinMob device cannot be saved to the mac. I wonder if there's something funky Palm does that makes WM sync a bit different than a vanilla WM phone, and that's why they need more time to support it...
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalibar View Post
    Has anyone actually tried MissingSync with the 800w? 800w seems to break a lot of stuff that works with the HTC WinMo devices, and I wouldn't be even a little surprised if MissingSync is one of those casualties.
    I am syncing with my mac book using Missing Sync and a 800W as we speak. pluged in and recognized right away.
    Yeah, I've been using missing sync with my 800w as well.

I think that the SMS thing is because the 800w uses Palm's own SMS software.

If it doesn't recognize plug it in over and over until it does. There is a bug or bad connection with the 800w. If that doesn't work try restarting the Mac and/or the 800w.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by terrafox72 View Post
    Downloaded MS but it won't recognize when I plug in my 800w. Ideas why?? Todd
    Did you install MissingSync on your 800w as well?
    I just don't get it...I have researched endlessly and tried multiple fixes and the 800w still won't be recognized by my macbook via usb, wifi (syncmate), or bt for Missing Sync or Syncmate free. bluetoothing a file from the laptop to the phone works fine, however. I thought maybe it was an issue with the USB cord, but it beeps when plugged in/out and shows that it's charging. I unchecked 'enable advanced network...', plugged and unplugged multiple times, installed/uninstalled missing sync and syncmate multiple times, etc etc. highly frustrating. I just want to start enjoying the phone already.

For those of you who are working fine with it, are there special settings you're using?? Have you somehow figured out how to get ActiveSync working? Please help Thanks
    So I bought the version advertised (4.0.3) and now I at least get a 'sync' button to press. However, I still don't think the 800w is being recognized by the program. I've attached a copy of what happened. Ideas on what's going on???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    btw, the "log" doesn't show anything.
    Tried an XP system...installed ActiveSync on PC and this program won't acknowledge 800w either.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by terrafox72 View Post
    Tried an XP system...installed ActiveSync on PC and this program won't acknowledge 800w either.
    it is hinky connecgtng quite often. try cycling the insertion of the cable in the unit a couple of times as well as some restarts of the pc. if you still get nothing ask spring for a new cable
    I can't get it to sync to my mac either. But when I run Fusion with XP on it, it's a hit or miss. When I'm running bootcamp with XP it recognizes all the time. But since I don't really use XP but for syncin it's kind of sucks, but it's whatever. And missing sync doesn't seem to give the option of syncing either.
    The connection between my Mac and 800w is flakey. It works after I boot up my Macbook Pro. If I disconnect it and reconnect it, Missing Sync will not see it again until I reboot my MBP. It works......sort of...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast