1.    #1  
    On my 700 when I pressed the red power button it would immediately turn of the screen. On the 800 hoever, pressing the power button takes me back to the today screen and then I have to press it again to turn off the screen.

This is not that big of an issue, but adds extra buttton presses, and doesn't allow me to quickly turn the screeen back on to what I was doing previously.

Does any one know if or how this can be changed? Is this just the way Windows 6 works, or is it a setting??
    This is how the 800w works, much like (annoyingly) the 750 and apparently most other WM phones.. it's hardcoded (or at least was on the 750) and there was no way to change the behavior directly.

You can hold down the option button and click the red power button to acheive the desired affect but naturally takes 2 hands to do it.

I also use the PHM Screensaver app and have it assigned to the side button on my 750 which is useful
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    This is how the 800w works, much like (annoyingly) the 750 and apparently most other WM phones.. it's hardcoded (or at least was on the 750) and there was no way to change the behavior directly.

You can hold down the option button and click the red power button to acheive the desired affect but naturally takes 2 hands to do it.

I also use the PHM Screensaver app and have it assigned to the side button on my 750 which is useful
    Thanks Scotty....at least I now know there is the ability to turn it off, even if it does take two hands....saves on having to call up my last program when I wake the screen back up.
    AE Button plus remapped the Email key (I use HTML for my email purposes) to Turn the device off.

Makes me like this device so much more now.