1.    #1  
    I thought that I was about to be very pleased last night using my Jawbone bluetooth headset with Voice Command. But it is only half working it turns out.

When I initiate a voice command using the assigned button on the Treo, when the phone dials, it will automatically engage the Voice Command headset for the call. But I have to give the actual command to the phone's microphone.

So I tried to initiate the voice command from the Jawbone itself. I press the Jawbone button once quickly. When I do that, the Jawbone and the Treo connect via bluetooth, as evidence by the headset icon showing up on the Treo. After that icon appears, the Voice Command "listening" icon shows up. I speak the command, the listening icon goes out and nothing happens. It is as if the system doesn't "hear" me when I initiate the command from the Jawbone button. Interestingly, when I initiate from the Jawbone, the system doesn't respond even when I talk into the Treo mic.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jalan View Post
    I thought that I was about to be very pleased last night using my Jawbone bluetooth headset with Voice Command. But it is only half working it turns out.

When I initiate a voice command using the assigned button on the Treo, when the phone dials, it will automatically engage the Voice Command headset for the call. But I have to give the actual command to the phone's microphone.

So I tried to initiate the voice command from the Jawbone itself. I press the Jawbone button once quickly. When I do that, the Jawbone and the Treo connect via bluetooth, as evidence by the headset icon showing up on the Treo. After that icon appears, the Voice Command "listening" icon shows up. I speak the command, the listening icon goes out and nothing happens. It is as if the system doesn't "hear" me when I initiate the command from the Jawbone button. Interestingly, when I initiate from the Jawbone, the system doesn't respond even when I talk into the Treo mic.

Any ideas?
    Trust me this is an annoyance to be sure. This exact issue has been discussed in a few threads, here is one of them : http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167264