Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1.    #1  
    My VZW rep sent me this yesterday:

    The Treo 800 will not be released from VZW!
    VZW tested in our labs and it does not fit VZW
    requirements.

  2. #2  
    (If true) that would explain why they're pushing forward with 6.0 for the 700wx.
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #3  
    I am surprised Verizon is still a player in the wireless market. Their prices are outrageous, and they seem to get phones late.
  4. #4  
    did not pass requirements and testing for Verizon? are their requirements more strict, or should we be expecting an update for Sprint not too long from now to address any issues? this concerns me a little bit.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    did not pass requirements and testing for Verizon? are their requirements more strict, or should we be expecting an update for Sprint not too long from now to address any issues? this concerns me a little bit.
    Verizon wants you to think their testing is more thorough (hence why they always seem to release new phones months after Sprint) but I just think they have more bureaucracy (and are busy finding ways to cripple the phone) and thus the delay. For example, Verizon didn't release the 6800 until several months after Sprint released it and when they finally did, it had the same buggy ROM as the original Sprint ROM. The difference was Verizon had managed to remove the builtin Internet Sharing app forcing you to use their software to tether (and thus pay the extra monthly fee). Meanwhile, right around the same time Verizon released the 6800, Sprint released a ROM update for their version that enabled GPS and Rev A. I'm not sure if Verizon has released that update yet but I don't think they have.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
  6. #6  
    Marty1781 is on the right path, I have a very strong feeling that is exactly what is going on. For example, I have done a lot of looking into this, and I have a bad feeling VZW is going to cripple GPS to only work using the VZW navigation app!!!

    P.S. I also found this post over at PPCGeeks, and I think this pretty-much tells us that the 800w is intended to go to VZW eventually (the WHEN is the question though)!!!!

    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...20&postcount=1



  7. #7  
    ANYTIME a phone is not included with a carrier they give that excuse... "Did not fit the requirements". I know people who make these decisions and thats how it's done. This puts doubt in buying the same phone with another carrier while doesn't directly degrade a business partner.

    The only reason they wouldn't carry it is if the deal wasn't sweet enough because Sprint purchased the first exclusive release or it was exclusive all together.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    (If true) that would explain why they're pushing forward with 6.0 for the 700wx.
    Have you heard anything else on this (not that I would do it, I am happy with WM5)? I haven't heard anything since the initial rumor, and I can't get myself to believe it untill I see it!!!



  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Have you heard anything else on this (not that I would do it, I am happy with WM5)? I haven't heard anything since the initial rumor, and I can't get myself to believe it untill I see it!!!
    I haven't heard a peep about a 1.25 ROM.
  10. #10  
    So it's still generally accepted that VZW will get the 800W? It sounds like the original poster is implying that VZW has declined it entirely.

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I am surprised Verizon is still a player in the wireless market. Their prices are outrageous, and they seem to get phones late.
    it's the network...at least it is for me.
  11. #11  
    I don't think so. I do believe Verizon will take whatever phones available.

    http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/15/tech...ce=yahoo_quote
  12. #12  
    As if his screenname wasn't enough of an indication, this guy is both a dip**** and a troll. VZW is undoubtedly getting the 800w as it's been on their roadmap for some time and the picture was leaked onto Engadget a long while back.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    I don't think so. I do believe Verizon will take whatever phones available.

    http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/15/tech...ce=yahoo_quote
    I didn't take the time to read the article, but do we have an estimate on how many of the 1 million iPhones sold were for customers already with AT&T? In other words, I doubt that AT&T received a flood of 1 million new customers.
  14. russki's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #14  
    well, this does go contrary to the VZW roadmaps previously posted on these boards; in addition, the OP seemingly created a new account for this post exclusively, which almost makes me question his / her credibility. I would like someone like Mal to weigh in before I succumb to panic.
  15. webdave's Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    #15  
    Original poster may have submitted the Sprint version to be used on Verizon's "Open" network. They would have denied the request since their own version is coming out before the end of the year.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by VZW SUX! View Post
    My VZW rep sent me this yesterday:
    The Treo 800 will not be released from VZW!
    VZW tested in our labs and it does not fit VZW
    requirements.
    What a childish post. People working for Verizon don tend to use the stock ticker symbol. A rep would not likely use an exclamation mark in that message.

    Just a fake message from a troll.
  17. insol's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Marty1781 is on the right path, I have a very strong feeling that is exactly what is going on. For example, I have done a lot of looking into this, and I have a bad feeling VZW is going to cripple GPS to only work using the VZW navigation app!!!

    P.S. I also found this post over at PPCGeeks, and I think this pretty-much tells us that the 800w is intended to go to VZW eventually (the WHEN is the question though)!!!!

    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...20&postcount=1

    I would not use what was found at that thread as a basis for that determination. I am not yet convinced about Verizon. I dumped this ROM and frankly there are several images related to turning off the radio including a generic Palm one. I suspect that Palm puts these things on their CDMA version, so that production of the phone is the same for all carriers and things can easily be switched. Since there are only 2 CDMA carriers in the US version of the phone it would make good manufacturing sense to put the necessary images in the production ROM.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    I would not use what was found at that thread as a basis for that determination. I am not yet convinced about Verizon. I dumped this ROM and frankly there are several images related to turning off the radio including a generic Palm one. I suspect that Palm puts these things on their CDMA version, so that production of the phone is the same for all carriers and things can easily be switched. Since there are only 2 CDMA carriers in the US version of the phone it would make good manufacturing sense to put the necessary images in the production ROM.
    I do agree on not using that post as the TOTAL basis for determining the 800 going to VZW, I just think it does strengthen the idea that it is destined for and (considering the market) just a matter of time before VZW picks up on it!!



  19. russki's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #19  
    aero said it best; the text did not look like anything you would get from an official source.
  20. #20  
    Rest assured, VZW will get the 800w. Knowing the average time it takes VZW to get a device, it'll probably be out in time for Christmas.

    This thread is utterly pointless. Quit feeding the troll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions