Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treo800w View Post
    Rest assured, VZW will get the 800w. Knowing the average time it takes VZW to get a device, it'll probably be out in time for Christmas.
    That is about what I was thinking (and hoping for)!!!!!

2.    #22  
    I like the rest of you are just as upset, I am not a troll and long time member of this community, however I created a new account to post this info I got from my government rep for verizon. I can not disclose myself or who or where I got it but I also talked to someone who works with verizon in the fed goverment and their rep told them the same thing. Trust me I am locked in with Verizon due to purchasing contracts and am very displeased with this announcement!
    Quote Originally Posted by VZW SUX! View Post
    I like the rest of you are just as upset, I am not a troll and long time member of this community, however I created a new account to post this info I got from my government rep for verizon. I can not disclose myself or who or where I got it but I also talked to someone who works with verizon in the fed goverment and their rep told them the same thing. Trust me I am locked in with Verizon due to purchasing contracts and am very displeased with this announcement!
    Yeah....right...OK then, treo800w....you have the right idea, enough of this!! Bye!!

4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Yeah....right...OK then, treo800w....you have the right idea, enough of this!! Bye!!
    You guys are amazing!

Don't take my info, I could care less! We will see!!!!
    For what it's worth some Verizon tech/rep has claimed that Verizon was NOT getting a device. Then several months later, Verizon roll's it out.

They like to play games, such as claiming devices are "inferior" and "not up to standards" as the reason for why they do not have a device offered. It's amazing how this same "inferior" device will show up a few months later.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    For what it's worth some Verizon tech/rep has claimed that Verizon was NOT getting a device. Then several months later, Verizon roll's it out.

They like to play games, such as claiming devices are "inferior" and "not up to standards" as the reason for why they do not have a device offered. It's amazing how this same "inferior" device will show up a few months later.
    you could be 100% right, I just wanted to share what I was told. I have been sitting on a major purchase of 100's of these devices for sometime waiting for the 800w from Verizon. I truly did not want to be considered a rumor monger.

I find it kind of ironic how the RAM crippled 700w first showed up on the Verizon network and then, when Verizon's exclusivity period was over, Sprint was actually the one who supposedly refused to accept it on their network because of the RAM problem (and that's at least part of the reason why Palm then came out with the 700wx). If anything, Sprint had the stricter standards, not Verizon.

As for why the 800w isn't out yet on Verizon, Sprint apparently has an exclusivity agreement for the 800w for a couple of months. But in general, I think that it takes time for Verizon to cripple a phone and that that is part of the reason why phones generally take longer to come out on their network.
    Last edited by Marty1781; 07/16/2008 at 02:47 PM.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    wrong post.
    Last edited by treo800w; 07/16/2008 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post
    If anything, Sprint had the stricter standards, not Verizon.
    And people wonder why I'm with Sprint instead of Verizon.....
    Keep believing what you want, VZW SUX.

I personally don't care what your "government rep" says, but I can guarantee you the following:

A. VZW is getting the 800w, and

B. The email he sent you is very unprofessional and does not adhere to the way VZW conducts business, leading to me believing he's a complete tool.
    The guy's passing on info he got... no need for anyone to get their panties into a wad.

Todd/Indy
    For what it's worth there are several registry keys that refer to "Verizon".

So yes, the 800w will (eventually) be on Verizon. Or at least Palm believe it's the case.
    A quick question from a VZW customer. Sprint PDA's can EVDO roam on VZW data right? Can they also roam on VZW's network for free (sprint phone on VZW service)?

If the network is shared, isnt it all one big happy network (I am guessing thats not how it works).

Thanks,
    Rich
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    There are two "Verizon" images located in the /windows directory (one is called VerizonGoodbye.bmp and the other is VerizonWelcome.bmp). I would say Verizon will be carrying this phone eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    A quick question from a VZW customer. Sprint PDA's can EVDO roam on VZW data right? Can they also roam on VZW's network for free (sprint phone on VZW service)?

If the network is shared, isnt it all one big happy network (I am guessing thats not how it works).

Thanks,
    Rich
    Both carriers use CDMA technology, so the phone will pick up a CDMA signal regardless of who it belongs to. Whether or not you can use the signal for free depends on the roaming agreement between the two carriers. Sprint and Verizon have a roaming agreement that allows Sprint phones to roam on their network. Sprint has service plans that include "free" roaming (for a flat rate). Otherwise, you'd be charged by the minute for roaming on Verizon's network.

I can use my Treo 700wx (Sprint) for both voice and data on Verizon's network whenever I need to. My area has very good Sprint service, so I seldom need to use Verizon's airwaves, but it's nice to know I'll always have coverage (either natively or roaming) in the places I travel.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Sprint has service plans that include "free" roaming (for a flat rate). Otherwise, you'd be charged by the minute for roaming on Verizon's network.
    Caveat.

Last time I checked, you had to use less than half of your used anytime minutes on roaming.

So, for example, if you used 199 in roaming and 200 on Sprint's network, you're fine. If you used 199 in roaming and 100 on Sprint's network, you got charged for the 99 minutes.

I do not know Verizon's rates/plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    There are two "Verizon" images located in the /windows directory (one is called VerizonGoodbye.bmp and the other is VerizonWelcome.bmp). I would say Verizon will be carrying this phone eventually.
    Yes I saw those as well.
    Talking to Palm tech support now re: the GPS issues.

He asked me which carrier, I said "Sprint as that's the only one right now." He replied back with "Oh, I only show Verizon."
    Caveat.

Last time I checked, you had to use less than half of your used anytime minutes on roaming.

So, for example, if you used 199 in roaming and 200 on Sprint's network, you're fine. If you used 199 in roaming and 100 on Sprint's network, you got charged for the 99 minutes.

I do not know Verizon's rates/plans.
    Yes, but that is a very unlikely scenario unless one locks his/her Treo into roaming mode. And if one finds it necessary to do that then they shouldn't be using Sprint. They should go ahead and subscribe to Verizon.

That policy is meant to protect both carriers from people abusing the roaming agreement.

My point was that coverage is available just about everywhere and while it isn't perfect for either carrier alone, it's much better than it would be otherwise since they DO have roaming agreements.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Both carriers use CDMA technology, so the phone will pick up a CDMA signal regardless of who it belongs to. Whether or not you can use the signal for free depends on the roaming agreement between the two carriers. Sprint and Verizon have a roaming agreement that allows Sprint phones to roam on their network. Sprint has service plans that include "free" roaming (for a flat rate). Otherwise, you'd be charged by the minute for roaming on Verizon's network.

I can use my Treo 700wx (Sprint) for both voice and data on Verizon's network whenever I need to. My area has very good Sprint service, so I seldom need to use Verizon's airwaves, but it's nice to know I'll always have coverage (either natively or roaming) in the places I travel.
    Quick question from another frustrated VZW customer awaiting the 800w.... I have absolutely NO coverage with any network other than VZW. The building I work in just blocks everything other than VZW, and even then I only get 1 bar indoors, and often have non-EVDO data speeds. Anyway, how much does the "unlimited roaming" cost on sprint? I'm seriously tempted to jump ship to sprint, but only if I know I can roam for free on VZW (which I will be doing most of the time).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast