1.    #1  
    I have one of the speed dial buttons set up to dial call forwarding for my home phone. I have discovered a problem with it. When prompted for the activate call waiting code which is *72, it won't dial the *. It only dials 72. I can do it manually by dialing the * first and then pressing "Dial extra digits". But why won't this stupid thing dial a "*". Am I doing something wrong or is this yet another bug?
  2.    #2  
    I have confirmed with Palm that this is a bug. The extra digit dialing will not dial a * or a # WTF, beta testers????
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    When setting up a speed dial, go to the advanced tab. Select "show voice mail buttons", then under the "play" button enter your selection. Once you speed dial, the voice mail options will display. Press the play button and your digits will dial. You can use a # sign. Hope this helped.
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
    mine is set up to work. in the speed dial put you number than the letter "w" than type * and the number. after you dial your number hit extra digits and it should work. this is wotking on mine
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas View Post
    When setting up a speed dial, go to the advanced tab. Select "show voice mail buttons", then under the "play" button enter your selection. Once you speed dial, the voice mail options will display. Press the play button and your digits will dial. You can use a # sign. Hope this helped.
    Thanks, but nope, doesn't work for me. I set up a speed dial to call forward my home phone. I entered it as: xxx-xxxx-xxxxw*72wxxx-xxxx I did check the voice mail buttons but they do not do anything at all. They do show up. Above the left menu button it says "Extra Digits" and when I press that button, the extra digits dial, but the stupid star DOES NOT DIAL. I hear it dial a 72 not a *72. Are you sure you guys have this working?? The Palm cs rep tried it on his phone and got exactly the same result. Are you sure you guys are trying to dial a # or a *?? Or are you assuming because it dials the other numbers it should dial a # or * (it should, but it doesn't).
    Try a "," or a "p" in place of the "w" previously suggested; "," creates a 1 second pause before auto dialing, "p" creates a 2 second pause' "w" is a hard pause requiring you to hit the "Extra Digits" softkey to dial the code.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    Thanks, but nope, doesn't work for me. I set up a speed dial to call forward my home phone. I entered it as: xxx-xxxx-xxxxw*72wxxx-xxxx I did check the voice mail buttons but they do not do anything at all. They do show up. Above the left menu button it says "Extra Digits" and when I press that button, the extra digits dial, but the stupid star DOES NOT DIAL. I hear it dial a 72 not a *72. Are you sure you guys have this working?? The Palm cs rep tried it on his phone and got exactly the same result. Are you sure you guys are trying to dial a # or a *?? Or are you assuming because it dials the other numbers it should dial a # or * (it should, but it doesn't).
    I have a conference call that I have the number set to speed dial. After a prompt I am instructed to enter a pin code followed by #. At this time I press the play button on the screen. When you go to the advanced tab and "show voice mail buttons", enter your *72 in the little square below the "play" button. I don't know why this is not working for you. I set up one for my home just a few minutes ago and we use *98 and it worked fine. I don't know whats up with yours though
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    I have one of the speed dial buttons set up to dial call forwarding for my home phone. I have discovered a problem with it. When prompted for the activate call waiting code which is *72, it won't dial the *. It only dials 72. I can do it manually by dialing the * first and then pressing "Dial extra digits". But why won't this stupid thing dial a "*". Am I doing something wrong or is this yet another bug?
    Try using a comma in place of the "W'! A comma represents a one second delay. Put multiple commas together for a multiple second delay.
    My work voicemail requires me to enter BOTH a mailbox AND a password. I was having all kinds of trouble with this too. Frustrating as heck, and I tried every combination I could think of, but nothing seemed to work. And it still doesn't work all the time for some crazy reason, but here's the solution I arrived at:

Phone number = aaa-nnn-nnnn
    extension = xxxx
    password = pppppp

Phone number as listed in Contacts: (aaa) nnn-nnnn,,xxxx,#pppppp#

Again, it works MOST of the time. Sometimes, it seems to take a long time for me to hear the phone dialing the extra digits, but then I hear my voicemail girl saying I have no new messages. Weird. Your mileage may vary. Hope someone finds some help from the pain I've endured trying to get this to work.
    Last edited by evets1002; 08/22/2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: added extra info