1.    #1  
    Is there a better insurance anywhere?
    The salesman said it covers anything.Theft loss breakage.But I havent seen anything in writing.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I am also looking for something with fine print, here's a brochure for you though.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    It covers everything. I have used it numerous times in the past. They will replace it no matter what happens to the device. If it gets damaged or lost just call the 1-800 Asurion number give them your wireless number and they will confirm your device. You get a new or refurbished one 2 days later. If the device is damaged you have to send it back in their return envelope. If you say the device was lost you don't have to send anything back. You do have to pay the $50.00 deductible in both cases. You can pay the fee with a credit card on the phone or they can bill your sprint account. I think they have a 2 replacement limit per year.

Every time I have used the service the Asurion customer support has been great. The call usually lasts less then 2 minutes and it is pretty much hassle free.
    I'm very good (careful) with my devices, but I've had it off and on over the years. I decided to get it for my 800w, I will probably drop it when the 800w's cost drops enough that a replacement wouldn't be horribly expensive.

As my wife is getting the 700wx, she will be getting the insurance. She's hard on phones....
    The Sprint insurance has been a lifesaver for me in several instances. At least twice I've been away on travel on my smartphone just randomly died on me. I simply walked into the Sprint store, showed them my dead phone, they looked up my account and saw I had the insurance, and they gave me a new phone on the spot. I'm very careful with my phones but the Sprint phone insurance is well worth it IMO. You may get the initial phone at a discount so that its not too expensive but when you look at replacing the phone at full cost if something were to happen to it, the Sprint insurance makes a lot of sense to IMO, I highly recommend it.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    its DEFINITELY worth buying on a PDA. If you bust the screen have any issues you go to the store and get it fixed or replaced. If you get it wet, lost, stolen, or destroyed (main board damage) it's a 50$ deductable and it get's replaced from Ausurion.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    It covers everything. I have used it numerous times in the past. They will replace it no matter what happens to the device. If it gets damaged or lost just call the 1-800 Asurion number give them your wireless number and they will confirm your device. You get a new or refurbished one 2 days later. If the device is damaged you have to send it back in their return envelope. If you say the device was lost you don't have to send anything back. You do have to pay the $50.00 deductible in both cases. You can pay the fee with a credit card on the phone or they can bill your sprint account. I think they have a 2 replacement limit per year.

Every time I have used the service the Asurion customer support has been great. The call usually lasts less then 2 minutes and it is pretty much hassle free.
    I remember reading on the Sprint site that you can have a maximum of 3 replacements per 12 months.
    For normal phone si is one of the biggest rip offs and highest profit items there is. As long as they charge a flat rate it is a toss up on a pda. There is the $50 dedcutable, your phones value is always dropping anyway and with tax is $150 for 22months until your next big credit and new customer pricing.

Ive had on average three lines over ten years and we have destroyed, lost or busted about seven phones. That would be is 3 phones x 360 months x $7
    If I had insurance I would have spent $7560 and $350 in deducatables. 7850/7 is more than $1100. If I lost or busted twice as many phones and 75% of the were $600 smartphones it would still be a mistake.

Still I am giving it some thought on the 800w. I am worried frankly about the charging connection and the battery door. My 700p failed at the headset connector even with light use. The battery connector will have many many physical attach/detach cycles. But still the actual numbers mean insurance is almost always a mistake (otherwise the insurance companies, who are the math experts, would not sell it)
    I prefer to buy my phone at Bestbuy. It is about $55 for 2 years, and there is no no monthly fee and no deductible. My old phone got run over by a car, I brought the pieces back to bestbuy and they gave me store credit for the price I paid for it.