Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've found the alarm feature, but I cannot find an alarm clock. I looked through the manual and I nothing...

I had this basic feature on my Treo 700P, but not on this one...

And I'd need an alarm that'd ring more than once, loudly...and not give me a reminder ONLY when I turn on the phone...thats not an alarm clock...

Anyone have any wisdom?
    Go to Settings-->System-->Clock & Alarms-->Alarms. Not sure if this is what you were looking for.
  3.    #3  
    tried it, the alarm is rather pathetic in comparison to the Palm OS alarm. It rings like once...then after a few mins rings one more time...and the alarm isn't loud...its not like a real alarm clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuitarGuy View Post
    tried it, the alarm is rather pathetic in comparison to the Palm OS alarm. It rings like once...then after a few mins rings one more time...and the alarm isn't loud...its not like a real alarm clock.
    hmm, never heard the Palm OS alarm. I'm sure that there are 3rd party apps (perhaps even free) that would give you more of an alarm-like function.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuitarGuy View Post
    Agreed, the OEM alarm weak, I used SPB Time on the 700wx, but it does not work so well on the 800w.
    what it is that does not work on SPB Time?
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    what it is that does not work on SPB Time?
    The alarm portion actually works, I'm using it now. It just doesn't fit the screen that well.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    The alarm portion actually works, I'm using it now. It just doesn't fit the screen that well.
    Really? I could not get the alarms to work. I had mine installed to the card, like I did with the 700wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Really? I could not get the alarms to work. I had mine installed to the card, like I did with the 700wx.
    Not sure about it being on the card, I have mine in the main mem. If you go to the program, and just hit the center button, all the program info will come up on the bottom of the screen, and then you can program your alarm.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  10. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    hopefully spb is working fine. I am counting on it to get me up early to pack the family truckster. I just installed it for the first time on the 800.

Are there any other quality options out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    hopefully spb is working fine. I am counting on it to get me up early to pack the family truckster. I just installed it for the first time on the 800.

Are there any other quality options out there?
    Its not too bad at all. I've been using it for the past week, and it works really good. So far I haven't found any other programs as of yet..

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Its not too bad at all. I've been using it for the past week, and it works really good. So far I haven't found any other programs as of yet..

I have tried or trying the Fizz Traveler, it's working ok. I am very surprised that the alarm program that comes with Win Mobile 6.1 is very poor. The alarm that comes on Win Mobile 6.1 on the Motorola Q9c is excellant.
    The alarm should not stop and be more programable.
    You would think this phone would come outfitted with an alarm that will:
    1) ring loudly
    2) ring consecutively
    3) snooze

Simple things which have been on mobile phones forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by mintedcoin View Post
    Simple things which have been on mobile phones forever.
    Except for Windows Mobile phones. Most use the built in alarms which suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Except for Windows Mobile phones. Most use the built in alarms which suck.
    True - the alarm on my HTC Dash was terrible - it would still go off after having turned it off.
    i'm really going to miss bob's alarm (now call mobile alarm) that i used on my 700p. it was awesome. as loud as you wanted and you could snooze it. i have used it everyday to wake up.

sad times.
    and of course we never ever hear from Bob any more. A great developer in his day.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyosaurus View Post
    i'm really going to miss bob's alarm (now call mobile alarm) that i used on my 700p. it was awesome. as loud as you wanted and you could snooze it. i have used it everyday to wake up.

sad times.
    SPB Time is an excellent replacement. I am just waiting for SPB to fix it.
    Can someone post the link where I can download the SPB alarm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashiffthompson View Post
    Can someone post the link where I can download the SPB alarm?
    From SPB??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast