Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Will this work on the 800w?

Anybody else have a suggestion for a good alarm clock?
    I installed, ran and deleted it - it "crashed" (want of a better word) twice and frankly, it's menu options and getting around leaves a lot to be desired.
    it worked, just didn't display the whole menu on the screen. had to figure out i needed to go down three to set the alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by mintedcoin View Post
    You would think this phone would come outfitted with an alarm that will:
    1) ring loudly
    2) ring consecutively
    3) snooze

Simple things which have been on mobile phones forever.
    I don't think you're using the correct program included with the phone. Under start>settings>system>clock and alarms, the program has 3 different alarm clocks. You can set each for any days of the week you choose and give them each different sounds and times.

They do ring loudly and ring consecutively. There are also multiple snooze options. This is the best alarm clock feature I've ever had included with a phone.

I you have just been trying to set a notification on the calendar program. Otherwise, I'm not sure how you missed the snooze feature.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I read this message forum but seldom post. I was trying to get the default alarm clock to work ... tried to set each of the three. When the alarm went off I could get the led to flash, could get the vibrate to vibrate, but could not get the actual alarm clock to make a sound. The switch on the phone was enabled for sound, the system sounds were at full volume. Nothing. Not a peep. Anyone have any ideas?
    I love SPB Time. Although the display looks a little off on the 800w, the alarm clock is EXCELLENT! You can set the alarm to ring loud, escalate, or even vibrate.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by floyd28 View Post
    When the alarm went off I could get the led to flash, could get the vibrate to vibrate, but could not get the actual alarm clock to make a sound. The switch on the phone was enabled for sound, the system sounds were at full volume. Nothing. Not a peep. Anyone have any ideas?
    I'm seeing the same issue. Darn!
    Make that another vote for SPBalarm. First totally WM program I bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by philliptt View Post
    I don't think you're using the correct program included with the phone. Under start>settings>system>clock and alarms, the program has 3 different alarm clocks. You can set each for any days of the week you choose and give them each different sounds and times.

They do ring loudly and ring consecutively. There are also multiple snooze options. This is the best alarm clock feature I've ever had included with a phone.

I you have just been trying to set a notification on the calendar program. Otherwise, I'm not sure how you missed the snooze feature.
    Or you can click on the date to bring up the clock.

However, I didn't realize there was a snooze feature - I feel it should bring up a whole new screen instead of forcing you to go into the reminder to snooze.

As a tangent, which folder holds the ringtones? I need to get something longer than what they offer.

THanks
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Use a louder and longer wav file. Just drop it in the /windows directory. That is what I do.
    I use Fizz alarms. The UI is excellent and the onscreen snooze button is great.
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I just chatted with Palm support about the Alarm. "Dan" suggested I do a hard reset ... did not have any other fixes at his disposal, apparently. So, I tried that. It did work and my alarm function is now working. I'm not sure if I should be happy it is working or concerned that it takes a hard reset to get something like the alarm to work.
    I had the exact same problem as some of you with both our handsets - no sound with our alarms. Tech support had me do a hard reset as ell and it worked
    I am trying it now. The count down is my main interest. Thank you for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    I use Fizz alarms. The UI is excellent and the onscreen snooze button is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by floyd28 View Post
    I read this message forum but seldom post. I was trying to get the default alarm clock to work ... tried to set each of the three. When the alarm went off I could get the led to flash, could get the vibrate to vibrate, but could not get the actual alarm clock to make a sound. The switch on the phone was enabled for sound, the system sounds were at full volume. Nothing. Not a peep. Anyone have any ideas?
    There has been an issue with the Windows Mobile OS dating back to the WinCE days with the default alarm not going off intermittently.

I experienced the issue with Treo 800w where I set the alarm, but the sound would not go off. A few years back, I missed a morning flight because my Windows Mobile PDA alarm did not go off. This is when I found out about the inherent problem with the OS. This issue has been acknowledged by Microsoft in the past. Unfortunately, even with 6.1, the problem still exists today.

Tae
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freetreo700p View Post
    There has been an issue with the Windows Mobile OS dating back to the WinCE days with the default alarm not going off intermittently. This is when I found out about the inherent problem with the OS. This issue has been acknowledged by Microsoft in the past. Unfortunately, even with 6.1, the problem still exists today.
    Are third-party applications impacted by this OS issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by mintedcoin View Post
    Or you can click on the date to bring up the clock.

However, I didn't realize there was a snooze feature - I feel it should bring up a whole new screen instead of forcing you to go into the reminder to snooze.

As a tangent, which folder holds the ringtones? I need to get something longer than what they offer.

THanks
    Click on the date where? Are you POSITIVE you're using the alarm clock and not the "notification" reminder that you have an appointment?

You don't have to go into any reminder. When the alarm is going off, just hit the button on the right of where it says "Treo" and choose how long you want to snooze.
    Yep - by clicking on the date area on the main screen, it will take you to the Alarm Clock settings (three different alarms, with a bell to the right...).

It's that need to hit that button to the right in order to bring up the menu that bugs me. Just little annoyances.

But I am still trying to add different alarm sounds as I'm getting such a limited listing of alarm sounds (most of which are a beep). The list doesn't show all the WAV files under the /Windows folder, so I am led to believe there is another housing for these sounds? Am I the only one with this issue?

Thanks all
    Doesn't the built in alarm use the device volume? So if you lower the device volume, then the alarm volume is lowered as well. The nice thing about Spb Time, just as long as you do not set the Vibrate switch to on, the volume will always be loud enough. You even have the option to either escalate the volume or just have it go off at the max volume. You can also add the phone to vibrate. There are nice on screen snooze buttons as well as using the hard keys.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I use Pocketalarm MP3

http://pocketalarm.googlepages.com/indexen.htm

Not very pretty in the setup but very effective and love the variable snooze.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast