Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    both of those programs work great for me. The Gps is dead on! and i did not have to change with my settings at all
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    both of those programs work great for me. The Gps is dead on! and i did not have to change with my settings at all
    ditto.
    Likewise here..no change in settings. Fired em both right up!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Is any one having problems with google maps stop working after a day or two?
    I know the review here at TC trashed the maps program, but I have to tell you, I really like it. Right there on the Today screen I can type in a store, gas, or other place and it finds it and has the phone number for most places. Then, it's linked with the Sprint Navigation should I choose to use it to get there (I have a Garmin 660 in my car but sometimes I just opt to use the phone; I might replace it altogether with this). No, it's no Google or Live Search, but it's a great alternative to 411 and it's right there when I power on my device.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    my gps was working great..until i had to hard reset, now its working once in a while, hardly ever though. tried the com7 trick, hardly works too...
    My GPS has not worked at all since I got it this afternoon. Tried the different settings...still working on it as we speak.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I know the review here at TC trashed the maps program, but I have to tell you, I really like it. Right there on the Today screen I can type in a store, gas, or other place and it finds it and has the phone number for most places. Then, it's linked with the Sprint Navigation should I choose to use it to get there (I have a Garmin 660 in my car but sometimes I just opt to use the phone; I might replace it altogether with this). No, it's no Google or Live Search, but it's a great alternative to 411 and it's right there when I power on my device.
    I agree with you to an extent. However, the interface is not very intuitive, and the map is not very detailed at the default level. I searched a word, like "pizza", and it showed places in my city with no streets. That's not very useful to me. Even when I selected one, it zoomed in with no streets. All I could tell was it was about 1/4 of the way between the nearest highway and the lake.

It is nice to have such a feature right on the today screen where I can jump to dial the number or go right to the navigation program though.
    both work great for me....but TomTom no workie.

....and I don't want to pay $20 for some third party app that will still make me jump through hoops to get it to work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone much smarter than me will figure something out.
    Are you just going to maps.google.com, or did you use this from Download.com?

http://www.download.com/Google-Maps-...dlPid=10776341
    Quote Originally Posted by ouchrislitt View Post
    Are you just going to maps.google.com, or did you use this from Download.com?

http://www.download.com/Google-Maps-...dlPid=10776341
    I went straight to Google Maps.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Is "My Location" working as well? I continue to get a "handset not supported" message. The GPS option works without issue, just would like the option to have "My Location" working.
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    Is "My Location" working as well? I continue to get a "handset not supported" message. The GPS option works without issue, just would like the option to have "My Location" working.
    yeah, the "my location" function has been working for me. and strangely enough, I didn't have to perform any additional tweaks or configs to make it work.
    gps works perfect in google maps for me, but it tells me my handset is not supported by "my location" beta. have u tried using my location without checking the use gps option?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting the same message but then notice that the "Use GPS" option is unchecked in the Google Maps menu. If I select the option, the GPS data connects and everything works fine......
    Downloaded the latest version of GMaps. Works perfectly. Live Search has always worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Downloaded the latest version of GMaps. Works perfectly. Live Search has always worked.
    are you saying "my location" works without checking the use gps option?
    How could the "My Location" feature work if the GPS Option wasn't enabled? I'm confused.
    "my location" has nothing to do with gps. its google beta software that gives the user an approximate location of where they are without the battery drain of gps (or for users without gps, or view of the sky) by triangulating your location based on distance from cell towers. it works on most phones, but sadly, not the samsung ace, treo 700wx, palm os, and now i cant get it to work on my 800
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    "my location" has nothing to do with gps. its google beta software that gives the user an approximate location of where they are without the battery drain of gps (or for users without gps, or view of the sky) by triangulating your location based on distance from cell towers. it works on most phones, but sadly, not the samsung ace, treo 700wx, palm os, and now i cant get it to work on my 800
    isn't a-gps the triangulating that you are referring to?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast