Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Im soon to be a owner of the Treo 800w. But have a question on how the GPS works. When you guys use Google Maps or Live Search, does it work as a real navigation, such as when you drive down the street it will show that your driving? Or its gives you written directions like mapquest?
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy215 View Post
    Im soon to be a owner of the Treo 800w. But have a question on how the GPS works. When you guys use Google Maps or Live Search, does it work as a real navigation, such as when you drive down the street it will show that your driving? Or its gives you written directions like mapquest?
    Yes, it shows that your driving, as well as the highlighted route
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Sigh.

"My Location" uses cell tower triangulation aka AFLT (Advanced Forward Link Trilateration)--it's very old technology and not very accurate.

aGPS is GPS plus "assistance servers" which already have calculated the satellite information and assist your device in calculating your location. It replaced AFLT with the e911 legislation.

"My Location" uses AFLT not aGPS.

Google Maps can use AFLT, aGPS or just GPS.

The Treo 800w uses aGPS and it works on Google Maps.

Get it? Got it? Good...
    so I saw that the Sprint Palm Centro is getting a new update, and in the update it lists that the MyLocation feature will work. I would assume that we would probably get the same features when the Treo 800w gets an update as well?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...te/sprint.html
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123