1.    #1  
    What does Sprite Backup do? Does it back your whole phone up, including Contacts? I've always heard the name but wasn't sure if it backs up Contacts and Apps also instead of using Microsoft ActiveSync as backup? Thanks
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    It backs up everything. I have mine scheduled to BackUp @ 4:30a everyday.
    Yep, everything. You can restore your device from a previous complete backup, after a hard reset.
    Can you restore individual applications from this or just a whole backup. I tried to find individual program restore but couldnt ?? on Resco backup you could indivisdually restore applications. Just curious.
    Good question. I never needed to restore individual apps. For me, it's usually faster just installing the individual app, than trying to restore it. When you are restoring the whole device or only a few files, it takes awhile to load the backup file.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Can you restore individual applications from this or just a whole backup. I tried to find individual program restore but couldnt ?? on Resco backup you could indivisdually restore applications. Just curious.
    The registry makes restoring individual apps a pain.
  7.    #7  
    Wow thats awesome. Does it make sense to use Microsoft Activesync then? I have a PocketPC (Mogul) and I hate Activesync so much,
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Is this a full featured BACKUP program?
    I've never used a backup program before (I know, I know), and was wanting to get one. Now I see my new 800W has this program.

Would this work just fine? It isn't "crippled" or anything, is it?
    Thanks
    K--
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    I've never used a backup program before (I know, I know), and was wanting to get one. Now I see my new 800W has this program.

Thanks
    K--
    It works fine. I had to do a hard reset once, and it restored my phone perfectly.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy215 View Post
    Wow thats awesome. Does it make sense to use Microsoft Activesync then? I have a PocketPC (Mogul) and I hate Activesync so much,
    I normally perform a Sprite Backup on a daily basis and AS weekly or monthly, whenever I think I need to. The reason for the daily Sprite Backup is obvious, if I need to restore from a previous due to an app that screwed up my device. The AS backup is good, because my contacts and appointments are backed up. This is in case I lose the phone. I can always restore them once I have a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post

Thanks
    K--
    Full version.
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy215 View Post
    I don't understand the question. ActiveSync and Sprite Backup are very different applications with different purposes.
    Last night I was playing hard with the device. After playing I found that returning to an earlier state would involve too much effort (it was late), so I backed up using Sprite, executed a soft reset and held the power button down when doing that, up came the prompt to execute the hard reset and the device then executed a hard reset. Sprite to the rescue and done quickly and easily.

I also have been playing with Resco Backup and have had 0 no success with it. The problem with the application has been with the "end process" and when that starts, the device just hangs up.

Anyway, as long as the device is not locked up, a soft reset with the power button pressed means you do not have to pull the battery to achieve the hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I don't understand the question. ActiveSync and Sprite Backup are very different applications with different purposes.
    Well I might be able to answer from my personal use.
    I don't even use ActiveSync.
    But that's because all my PIM is synced OTA.
    I have hard reset'd 100+ times, and as of yet, have never needed AcSync.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Well I might be able to answer from my personal use.
    I don't even use ActiveSync.
    But that's because all my PIM is synced OTA.
    I have hard reset'd 100+ times, and as of yet, have never needed AcSync.
    How about installing/restoring 3rd party software?
    I use Sprite for full weekly backups, or if I plan on trying a new app, I can go back.

If I decide to do a HR and then a fresh install, I have the cabs on my SD Card.
    And my PIM is OTA.

Many use Active sync to keep PDA & Desktops PIM synced

Rather than using ActiveSync, I sync with Outlook OTA w/ Exchange.
    Just call me Berd.
    How do I restore from a backup if Sprite is gone? I accidently deleted all programs including Sprite and now I cannot see how to access the card for a restore.
    Laissez Faire
    Do a hard reset and Sprite will return. Then just do your restore with Sprite.