1.    #1  
    I tried using the hidelogocab but it doesn't work. Is there a way to hide the Sprint carrier line?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Nope (at least not yet). The carrier line is now part of the dial lookup which also has some positioning in the dll code.
    We use to be able to do with the 700wx. I hope someone makes one for the 800w. That would be great.
    I made an app called cDate using Mortscript, way back when. It worked well on the 700wx. It doesn't really hide the carrier logo, but just replaces it, because I wanted to keep the BT and Network icon. The one that I posted before going on hiatus from here, only replaced it with the date. But I actually have one that replaces it using the fields you select found in the Owner Information section, as well as the date.

If you're intersted in it, I will be gladly update it for the 800w, once I receive my device, which should be tomorrow. But give me a few days to play with the device and then refresh myself with Mortscript.
    crazie, the 800w's carrier text area only goes halfway across the screen. It's affecting TreoAlerts also. Doesn't leave much room for anything useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    crazie, the 800w's carrier text area only goes halfway across the screen. It's affecting TreoAlerts also. Doesn't leave much room for anything useful.
    Nothing useful??? Just another reason to have hidelogo back!!!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    we need hidelogo
    I agree. Back to the top. Maybe Cody, Hannip or someone can make it again.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    if you use realVGA and the old diallookup.dll hidelogo should work (haven't tried tho) you can check this thread here (not for the faint of heart):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167014
    I just discovered Treo Alert which replaces the carrier logo by showing your missed emails, calls, texts, and vms. Thus, you can remove the Messaging and Text from your today page. TA is awesome.
    Can someone post a link to TreoAlert? Is it a standard application?
    Laissez Faire
    Love Treo Alert. Great program.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Bump.....

Anyone working on this? TreoAlert is great but until the text cut-off is fixed this line needs to disappear altogether!
    just go to registry and change type of the item and it will show up in today and yiou can uncheck it
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottad1972 View Post
    just go to registry and change type of the item and it will show up in today and yiou can uncheck it
    i know nothing about registry editing. Directions? Also, if its that easy, why are so many experienced users talking about the hidelogo hack?
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    i know nothing about registry editing. Directions? Also, if its that easy, why are so many experienced users talking about the hidelogo hack?
    me too!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottad1972 View Post
    Ignore this post.

Disabling the plugin (after you "unpin" it via the registry) will disable a bunch of the Palm tweaks, including the Soft key overlays, speed dialing, etc.

The reason why HideLogo was developed was because it only hid the plugin, not disabled it.

I'm sure Hannip or someone else will get around to it, but since most of the research and programming is done for free around here, you'll just have to wait for a few weeks for something to materialize.

We're only entering week 3 of this device so far

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter