1.    #1  
    This question is addressed to those of y'all in the know.

Any chance someone will come out with an extended battery for this that fit's with the standard batt cover? Any chance they'll do it real soon?

I'm considering buying one of those $20 batteries off eBay or something, but don't want to do so if next couple weeks someones gonna come out with say a 1500mAh battery for <$50.

I think for me the biggest problem with this phone is the battery. I'm a power user and the current battery so far has not lasted me 3/4 way thru my work day. Lousy.
    Sedio announced in another thread that they will have a 2600mah extended battery and door release in the next 3 weeks.

I may try this 1800mah one since it's cheap and have nothing to lose.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1800mAh-Battery-...3286.m14.l1318
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Sedio announced in another thread that they will have a 2600mah extended battery and door release in the next 3 weeks.

wouldn't you still need the extended battery door for this one?
    It's the slim type. Usually anything over 2000mah has a hump to it.
    It's the slim type. Usually anything over 2000mah has a hump to it.
    ahh, good to know. thx!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

Not a good idea buying the 1800 mAh battery off ebay. That is for the 700wx and will not fit the 800w. These ebayers are just putting numbers in to get you to find the battery. There is no battery that will fit all the models listed in these auctions. Plus look at the pic and you will see 5 or 6 contact patches near the right side of the battery. Not 3 in the middle. Also, if there were a battery for all those models they would include the Centro since it is the same as the 800w. Look for Centro batteries and you will see there are no extended batteries yet. Good luck.
    You are correct. That link will not work. Actually they do have an extended battery for the Centro but it's huge. Seido makes it. A picture is also in the battery thread. I'm going to pass then and put it on the charger a few times a day.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I ordered a couple of batteries and a few chargers. My wife and I use the same battery so it can't hurt to have extra batteries around in case of emergency.
  9.    #9  
    yeah, 2600mAh is nice, but I really don't want a big hump on the back of my phone. Would be OK for when I'm camping or hiking so it lasts a couple days, but not for day to day use. I need something that will last all day but add no extra thickness to my phone.
  10. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Well, I went through my first full day today. I unplugged my phone, drove to Los Angeles with the GPS on for maybe 40 minutes (Sprint navigation did a great job getting me around 100 extra minutes of traffic!) but my battery died around 5:00 with almost no use other then the GPS.

One phone call, 4 text messages, my exchange server running, and about 30 minutes of Sprint Navigation to die completely at 5:00. Frankly, that's just unacceptable. I don't mind a little extra batter hump (I don't want it but I lived with it on my 700wx) so I can't wait until Seidio kicks it out, because until this thing gets some real power that can make it last a day with use it doesn't matter how cool the phone is.

I love this phone, but I need an extended battery yesterday! Palm blew it on this...
    I did the hump thing with my Mogul but no more; I just charge while in my car (something I never did before), and I charge while sitting at my computer (a micro usb desk cradle would be nice; talking to you Seidio!)
  12. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I will say this for sure... A micro USB car charger is definitely on the shopping list.
    Not intentionally pimpin this guy's ebay products, but I ordered this Motorola one.

It's going to replace the Sprint one I bought. Nothing wrong with the Sprint one; they just suckered me into their $80 package with charger, bluetooth headset and case, none of which I need, so I bought this $13 charger and am taking back the package. I only bought it because they sold me the phone on Friday and I was trying to keep the manager happy.
    The battery will get 2 or 3 % better over the first week and then about 2% worse per month. So in six months it is going to be noticeably worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Well, I went through my first full day today. I unplugged my phone, drove to Los Angeles with the GPS on for maybe 40 minutes (Sprint navigation did a great job getting me around 100 extra minutes of traffic!) but my battery died around 5:00 with almost no use other then the GPS.

One phone call, 4 text messages, my exchange server running, and about 30 minutes of Sprint Navigation to die completely at 5:00. Frankly, that's just unacceptable. I don't mind a little extra batter hump (I don't want it but I lived with it on my 700wx) so I can't wait until Seidio kicks it out, because until this thing gets some real power that can make it last a day with use it doesn't matter how cool the phone is.

I love this phone, but I need an extended battery yesterday! Palm blew it on this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post

Just my 2cents, but you've got to learn some patience...
    Sorry, I'm not seeing how he was impatient here. He just related a first look experience with the battery and was disappointed with it. I can't wait until Seidio comes out with a battery either, but not one with a hump, I'm not doing that again.

The battery does suck, but with some life changes (charging while in car, on a charger if at your desk for a long period of time), you will find that you will get a good amount of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    The battery will get 2 or 3 % better over the first week and then about 2% worse per month. So in six months it is going to be noticeably worse.
    In both my 650 and my 700wx I saw a *SIGNIFICANT* improvement in battery life over the first month.

A big part of that was learning how to use the device, and simply not touching it every 10 seconds.

I can get through an 8 hour day with my 800w. Keep the non-essentials off, turn them on only when needed, and you can make it. I will be buying about a billion micro USB charges though, so I have one no matter where I go.
    Like mentioned already Im charging the phone while in my truck. This is something I never had to do before. Its the only way I can get through the day.
    After havign the phone for one day, I can say that the battery life is the one truely disappointing thing about this device. Everything else (other than some of the software incompatibility, which isn't their fault) is look good so far.
  20. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremecinema View Post
    Just my 2cents, but you've got to learn some patience...
    You're probably right, but that has nothing to do with this case...

Patience has nothing to do with my phone being completely dead at 5:00 in the afternoon after minimal usage 2.5 hours away from home with my wife and baby and my dogs doing who knows what to my house.

When I got my phone to get enough juice to power on at 2AM, I had 5 voice mails, 3 unanswered texts, and important work e-mails that I was unable to respond to in a timely manner.

I have this $600 phone for my business, in order to help me with that it needs to be able to do one very important thing. Stay on.