Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I have read most of the threads and reviews and don't think I've seen this answered. What is the largest MicroSD card the 800W will accept and properly access?

Thanks in advance.
    I believe it's 8GB.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    The 800w uses MicroSD, not SD. Currently, the lasrgest MicroSD available is 8Gb. There are talks of 16Gb & even 32Gb, but that's in the future. I would assume the 800w would be able to support them if they remain as SDHC MicroSD.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wckesq View Post
    I have read most of the threads and reviews and don't think I've seen this answered. What is the largest MicroSD card
    the 800W will accept and properly access?

Thanks in advance.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    The 800w uses MicroSD, not SD. Currently, the lasrgest MicroSD available is 8Gb. There are talks of 16Gb & even 32Gb, but that's in the future. I would assume the 800w would be able to support them if they remain as SDHC MicroSD.
    The specification on the palm support site currently states:

microSD/microSDHC cards (up to 8GB supported)
    Also does one type have an advantage over the other? (SD vs SDHC)
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    The specification on the palm support site currently states:

microSD/microSDHC cards (up to 8GB supported)
    I would still have to assume that is because 8Gb is what is currently available. They were able to get an 8Gb card, test it, and verify that it works, which is why Palm would support it. Of course, they wouldn't be able to test out 16Gb or even a 32Gb card, because it's not even out there to use/test. I would safe to assume that as long as any future card technologies still remain as SDHC, then it would be supported.

If I remember correctly, the Treo 700wx was supported for up to 2Gb, but a few, including myself, have used a 4Gb SD (non SDHC) on the 700wx.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I would still have to assume that is because 8Gb is what is currently available. They were able to get an 8Gb card, test it, and verify that it works, which is why Palm would support it. Of course, they wouldn't be able to test out 16Gb or even a 32Gb card, because it's not even out there to use/test. I would safe to assume that as long as any future card technologies still remain as SDHC, then it would be supported.

If I remember correctly, the Treo 700wx was supported for up to 2Gb, but a few, including myself, have used a 4Gb SD (non SDHC) on the 700wx.
    I use a 4 GB card in my 700W.

Makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Also does one type have an advantage over the other? (SD vs SDHC)
    There's no particular advantage of one over the other. SDHC is simply an updated version that allows for higher capacity for memory cards and higher transfer speeds to support that extra data. I believe SD topped out at 2GB.