1.    #1  
    Well I accidently flushed the stylus down the toliet.

Do you know if the Centro Stylus fits in the 800w? I do not want to buy new ones yet from the palm site. I figure it's not worth 9.99 plus $10 to ship to hawaii.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecks View Post

Do you know if the Centro Stylus fits in the 800w? I do not want to buy new ones yet from the palm site. I figure it's not worth 9.99 plus $10 to ship to hawaii.
    doh. well, at least now we know what you were doing when you were using your phone!

I've heard that it does fit, but that the Centro one is a bit shorter? Not 100% sure.
    I am staring at my desk which has a 755p, a centro and an 800w (don't ask). The centro stylus does NOT fit properly in the 800w. The top 'nub' is completely different.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  4.    #4  
    lol.. yah was messing around with phone while growing a tail. Definately got to know the phone real well in a couple of sittings.

Gadgetfreak- I'm not concern to much about the top of the pen, but can you tell me if you can slide the stylus in without it falling out?
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecks View Post
    lol. good place for it. Shouldn't be too long before replacements come out. Can always use your finger in the meantime. Wash your hands first!
    I hope they make one with the ballpoint pen built in. that was one feature I like when I had my 650 and 700p
    I have a feeling more of these will suffer the same fate once a decent replacement arrives.
    If you stick the centro stylus in the hole of the 800w, the top 'nub' will stick out in an awkward way. In addition, although it won't slide out by turning the 800w upside down, it is nearly impossible to slide it out because there is no way to grasp the 'nub'. I actually needed to use the 800w stylus tip to 'flick' out the centro stylus from the 800w.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I was tempted to cut the nubs off the end of both stylus's (stylii?) and swap them, glueing them in place or something.

The only thing that stopped me was that there's a very audible click when you seat the 800w's stylus in place. I believe there's a clip or retainer of some kind that fits in the groove near the bottom. The centro's stylus doesn't have this, I believe.
    lol, Palm is selling 3 of those cheapo styli for $9.99. Any takers?

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    lol, Palm is selling 3 of those cheapo styli for $9.99. Any takers?

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    Thanks! These will make great christmas gifts!
    Dang, I just lost mine also. And no, I wasn't in the washroom. :P It could have been in the car, my bedroom, or anywhere in the house.
    PocketSolutions sells 2 styli, but I'm not sure if they are really trully for the 800w...

Treo 800w Styli 3 Pack $17.95

Treo 800w Stylus with pen tip $9.95

There's 2 different photos of the 2nd item. 1 closeup is totally different from the photo of the stylus next to the phone...

They also supposedly sell a cradle, but do not offer a photo.
    The 800w at my local Sprint store still had a stylus in it (amazingly...). Somebody's gonna get 'em for spares--might as well be you!

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    PocketSolutions sells 2 styli, but I'm not sure if they are really trully for the 800w...

Treo 800w Styli 3 Pack $17.95

Treo 800w Stylus with pen tip $9.95

There's 2 different photos of the 2nd item. 1 closeup is totally different from the photo of the stylus next to the phone...

They also supposedly sell a cradle, but do not offer a photo.
    Every Time I look at the video of PocketSolutions " Warehouse" One word pops into my mind....Looped... The video they show is a loop..but besides that I was looking at this site.. Something about it screams...Distrust....

Maybe Because it took me forever to find a Phone number on the front page...Heck even the Contact us page didn't have a actual way to contact them except a generic e-mail form.. I'll be waiting for confirmation from some one else before I buy from them. (P.S Found the Phone # on the product pages but still)

Anybody conduct any business in the past with pocketsolutions?
    Shells - Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen View Post
    The 800w at my local Sprint store still had a stylus in it (amazingly...). Somebody's gonna get 'em for spares--might as well be you!

Todd/Indy
    HAHAHAHAHAHA @ tbhausen.... mayne! lol