Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I used to be paranoid about my PDA phones (Treos, Mogul, etc..) and used a screen protector on them at all times. The protector on my mogul got really ugly, so I took it off and have had it like that for the past 3 months...without any scratches.

So the question is:

Do you use a screen protector on your Treo? Why or why not? For those that don't, are your screens scratched up?

Disclaimer: One of my favorite games to play on the WinMo device is Virtual Pool which you play with a stylus dragging across the screen.
    I always use one. I like the Smartphone Experts one. I am sure they will have one to fit the 800w soon. You can sometimes get a piece of dust embedded in the tip of your stylus without even knowing it. It makes for a small scratch for sure. Screen protector is a must for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroback View Post
    I always use one. I like the Smartphone Experts one. I am sure they will have one to fit the 800w soon. You can sometimes get a piece of dust embedded in the tip of your stylus without even knowing it. It makes for a small scratch for sure. Screen protector is a must for me.
    Ditto. I always use one.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I thought the Treo came with a screen protector preinstalled?
    Always use one and am bummed that I can't find one made for the 800W yet (just was looking in the TreoCentral store as a matter of fact).

I guess I'll just try and trim one of my 700P ones to fit until I can order some new.

I've always used both a screen protector and a small rubber casing to protect my treos...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Me too, always use one too. This thing is $599 retail.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Always use one and am bummed that I can't find one made for the 800W yet (just was looking in the TreoCentral store as a matter of fact).

I guess I'll just try and trim one of my 700P ones to fit until I can order some new.

I've always used both a screen protector and a small rubber casing to protect my treos...

Since the screen is smaller, the pre-cut ones for the 700WX I had laying around weren't a good fit....so I trimmed it and now it's ugly as sin.

man, I wish they would have just gone with the flush/glass touch screen.
    Use a credit card when installing the film. Do a little at a time.
    ....It says right on page one of the getting started book....Built in Screen Protector.

Tough it... it's softer, and gives. Not like the hard glass on the 700wx. The question is how do you change it when it gets all scratched up?
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    ....It says right on page one of the getting started book....Built in Screen Protector.

Tough it... it's softer, and gives. Not like the hard glass on the 700wx. The question is how do you change it when it gets all scratched up?
    Exactly what is the point of a screen protector if you can't remove it. I always use 3rd party protectors.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I used the same kind that I used on my 650...and for some reason, my 800w was acting up...it was registering touches that I didn't make. Fortunately, before I took it back, I realized it was because of the screen protector that I'd installed a couple days before! This one is definitely more sensitive than my older model, so I'll need a better one asap. In the meantime, I'm making a concerted effort not to put anything in the same pocket as the phone!
    I have tried different ones and now like the ZAGG Invisishields.
    Havent used a sccren protector since the visor days, had a 600, 650, 700p and 755p no protector, no problems. Im sure there are probably tiny scratches all over my screens that can only be seen when you hold them up to the light at a certain angle.

I regularly clean my screens with whatever shirt I am wearing as well. no joke. no problems, but I am probably not as picky as some other people. I do use belt holsters.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer View Post
    Havent used a sccren protector since the visor days, had a 600, 650, 700p and 755p no protector, no problems. Im sure there are probably tiny scratches all over my screens that can only be seen when you hold them up to the light at a certain angle.

I regularly clean my screens with whatever shirt I am wearing as well. no joke. no problems, but I am probably not as picky as some other people. I do use belt holsters.
    holsters help a lot. I might need to get one since the 800w is a tad thicker than I would like it to be for the pocket. but, if you keep it in the pocket, the screen protectors are a must (imo).
    Never use them, never will, never had a problem.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Back in the Graffiti days you had to use screen protectors because the stylus would eventually scratch the screen in the text input area if you were a heavy user.

I continued using them for years after Graffiti was dead. I stopped using them when I got my 700p because it was such a POS that I did not care about it. I have had it for well over 2.5 years now and it has zero scratches. In fact I even stopped using cases with my 700p and guess what, I find those are not necessary either.

I don't plan to use either with my 800w. We'll see how that works out for me.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I contacted BSE, they said they will probably make one for the 800. Just not sure the release date.
    Seidio just released screen protector for Treo 800

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...Code=SPM1TR800

We custom make this for Treo 800W. Now shipping !
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 07/16/2008 at 09:50 AM.
    Thanks Seidio! I need an anti glare one bad because although I love the screen, when driving it's impossible to see it.

Edit: Your description doesn't say anti glare so I'll hold off until I can get it. BTW your link didn't work, here's the link again:
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Thanks Seidio! I need an anti glare one bad because although I love the screen, when driving it's impossible to see it.

Edit: Your description doesn't say anti glare so I'll hold off until I can get it. BTW your link didn't work, here's the link again:
    Thanks

The link is fixed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast