1.    #1  
    I am new to WM. I am connected to an Exchange 2003 server and everything is scheduled "as they arrive". Can someone tell me how long it should take for:

1) Marking a message read to be reflected as read on the server/desktop outlook?

2) Moving/deleting a message on 800w to move on the server/desktop outlook?

3) Actually receiving messages? I have my 755p sitting next to my 800w. I get e-mails on the 755p via Chatter and my desktop up to 10 minutes (or more) before the 800w. Where is my 'push'? As I said, it is set to "as they arrive".

I can always do a forced send/receive but that is not the point. Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    to reflect the moves and deletes you have to do a send/receive.

You should be getting the new emails very quickly. Generally my phone alerts me before my desktop outlook.
    1) Marking a message read to be reflected as read on the server/desktop outlook?
    If you marked message as read on Treo or Desktop, it will update on the next email that arrives or the next time your device syncs.

Same and #1

3) Actually receiving messages? I have my 755p sitting next to my 800w. I get e-mails on the 755p via Chatter and my desktop up to 10 minutes (or more) before the 800w. Where is my 'push'? As I said, it is set to "as they arrive".
    Takes anywhere between 10 seconds to a few minutes. Sometimes I do not get it at all, until the next email arrives. It depends on how good your Companies infrasture is. Sometimes I get emails on my wm device before my desktop in outlook.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecks View Post
    It depends on how good your Companies infrasture is.
    I am not sure I follow. Both Versamail (EAS) and Chatter (IMAP) work instantly on my 755p. Why would there be such a delay in pocket outlook?

Also, in Chatter the message turns gray when it has been marked for deletion/move. On the 800w, it disappears from pocket outlook but won't update the desktop until I press send/receive or a new message comes in. I like the graying better so that my handheld always reflects the same thing as my desktop.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    well 10minutes is a long time.. It should be pretty quick. I just did a test and it took 5 seconds.

The reason i mentioned about companies infrasture, the authentication process for OWA or more importantly OMA can take a long time. Sometime depending on the day it would time out.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    I am new to WM. I am connected to an Exchange 2003 server and everything is scheduled "as they arrive". Can someone tell me how long it should take for:

I can always do a forced send/receive but that is not the point. Thanks.
    I almost always get my email on my phone before I get it on my desktop.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootup View Post
    I almost always get my email on my phone before I get it on my desktop.
    Me too.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecks View Post
    The reason i mentioned about companies infrasture, the authentication process for OWA or more importantly OMA can take a long time. Sometime depending on the day it would time out.
    I would like to know more about more abt this. Are there settings I can change on the server?