Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The iPhone is out for a couple days, and Pandora has a free client.

Windows Mobile out for a couple years, Pandora has no client. Treo 800w, don't bother applying...

Why the hating?
    I don't think it's a personal thing, or that hate has much to do with it.

Maybe it's simply that they find it easier to code for the iPhone.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post

I have a hard time believing that. You could SourceForge it, and could have covered a lot of platforms.

WM is pretty easy..they've had 2 years..more than enough time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post

Nonesense. Pandora is even on AT&T dumb phones.

Surur
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Flash is the problem most likely.
    Pandora is also on Sprint dumbphone too. And since it's on a dumbphone, I'd imagine it could possibly be a Java program. Someone want to try downloading it?
    http://www.pandora.com/sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Flash is the problem most likely.
    None of the phones that have Pandora have Flash either. There's no reason Flash is necessary anyway; it's just an interface to streaming audio.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonq View Post
    Pandora is also on Sprint dumbphone too. And since it's on a dumbphone, I'd imagine it could possibly be a Java program. Someone want to try downloading it?
    http://www.pandora.com/sprint

None of the phones that have Pandora have Flash either. There's no reason Flash is necessary anyway; it's just an interface to streaming audio.
    Hmm. Why the hate then?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Hmm. Why the hate then?
    Because it's not Apple and the J-Phone.
    Probably because as soon as it gets on one WM phone, it will be on all of them. The freedom of the WM platform is whats working against it here - Pandora obviously loves the walled garden (and the financial deals that come with it).

Surur
    That could be true. Their online service is restrictive and they make it clear they love DRM. So it's not a big surprise they love Apple, who will keep track of their listeners for them.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Is there another service that offers a portable streaming option in any similar way to Pandora?

I used to have Pocket Tunes on the 700P and that had a huge directory of internet radio streaming options. Kinoma had something similar in addition to video. Anything at all like these for WM?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Pocket tunes has already come to WM, and Kinoma is in the process of porting.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Pocket tunes has already come to WM, and Kinoma is in the process of porting.
    The new product will make you very happy if you even like Kinoma Player, but it is not a port.

It's a brand-new thing, created from scratch...the result of several years of research, design, and listening to our excellent customers!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    You guys also might want to check out a competitor to pandora, last.fm, which DOES have a WM app (as well as a Windows client) that does everything (just about) the website can -

http://www.last.fm/group/Pocket+Scro...84480/_/379202

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    You might want to try Nutsie.com.

It seems to be alot like Pandora (offers music choices to you), but has the added benefit of playing ALL of YOUR songs remotely (you just have to drop them in iTunes first).

Anyway. Pretty neat site that I found.

K--
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post

It seems to be alot like Pandora (offers music choices to you), but has the added benefit of playing ALL of YOUR songs remotely (you just have to drop them in iTunes first).

K--
    Thanks for the heads up. I've never heard of that service. Last.fm does this too, I think, but they don't really tell you. Maybe it's because they can't necessarily play anything from your library - you can import your iTunes library and then it becomes your "station." I justthink if they don't have access (license) for something, you won't be able to play it, but that's probably true of nutsie as well?

I e-mailed Pandora once and asked about the WM client (they announced well over a year ago that they are working on one and it would be out "soon"). This is where I lost complete faith in Pandora delivering a WM client.

They informed me that due to the wide variety of phone configurations that development and testing for WM is a very long process and they didn't know when it would be complete.

In other words: they don't know what they're doing.
    No worries; when either Opera re-enables Flash in Opera Mobile or Skyfire begins a public beta, you should be able to just go to the main site.
    Siemens A56 > Samsung SGH-X426 > HTC Tornado > HTC Wizard > HTC Wizard + Sony Ericsson K800i > iPhone EDGE + Sony Ericsson K800i > RIM Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve > Palm Treo 800w > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Diamond + Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post

K--
    I am unable to get nutsie work. It asks for Flash. I downloaded Flash7 for PPC. Now, it says, it requires Flash 9. What should I do?

Please advise.
    -M
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I e-mailed Pandora once and asked about the WM client (they announced well over a year ago that they are working on one and it would be out "soon"). This is where I lost complete faith in Pandora delivering a WM client.

They informed me that due to the wide variety of phone configurations that development and testing for WM is a very long process and they didn't know when it would be complete.

In other words: they don't know what they're doing.
    Got a "No" for Palm devices. Bottom line: they can't justify it on the Palm because of low popularity. The feature phones get a Java app, so it's no big deal to get them to work on many models and cumulatively a large market (for a fee with Sprint). On a Palm it would take a completely new app.

My guess is that the 3G iPhone appeals to them due to focus on music playback.

It's a real bummer that we can't have Pandora on Palm devices.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast