1.    #1  
    Brand-new 800w:

Last two nights, I have left it plugged in for an overnight charge. Both times the battery was around 20% remaining...so not totally empty. Initially, red LED comes on to indicate charge. When I return to it in the AM, no LED is lit, indicating it's been recharged. I unplug it and press green 'talk' button to wake it up, and it will not turn on/wake up. Sometimes I can hear a tone from a key press. This has occurred two days in a row, and both times required remove/reinsert battery.

Anyone else experiencing and if so, aware of a fix? Palm chat support advising me to return the unit to Sprint...ugh.
  2. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ds255 View Post
    Anyone else experiencing and if so, aware of a fix? Palm chat support advising me to return the unit to Sprint...ugh.
    Mine woke up fine this morning, alarm went off, everything peachy...

I'd return it.
  3. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    My first night with the phone so I was going to wait and see. But, since you mention it... I noticed something wierd this morning too. Last night when plugging in to USB cable the red light did not go on but the 'bolt' accross the battery indicated to me that it was charging. This morning I woke up to very little charge and still no power light. I tried another USB cable but have not tried the AC adapter yet.

In order to get the red light to show required a soft reset. Were you charging over USB or AC adapter?
    I noticed the same thing. The USB cable does appear to be charging the phone (as shown on screen), but the red light does not come on.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the charger doesn't keep the phone topped off? I left it on charge overnight and woke up to a 88pct charge...
  5. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    dint notice the light on the charger, as i was rushing to office. but the phone did not come out of the screen saver mode. had to take the battery out. almost had a dejavu of my 6700.

i did activate the lock to go on after 1 hour of inactivity. wud it be becos of that? if so what wud be a way to turn it on? anybody...
    rex.
  6. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I noticed the same thing. The USB cable does appear to be charging the phone (as shown on screen), but the red light does not come on.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the charger doesn't keep the phone topped off? I left it on charge overnight and woke up to a 88pct charge...
    Do you think we can narrow it down to only being a problem with USB charging? Haven't tried my AC adapter yet. Less than 24 hours with device.
  7.    #7  
    To answer some of the follow-up questions:

1) I have only been using the AC Adaptor charger. I have not tried charging via PC USB.

2) There is a green led on the AC charger itself, that seems to stay on all the time.

3) The led on the 800w (upper r-h corner of the screen) is the one I was mentioning in my OP. When I plug it in with a low charge on the battery, it is red. After it reaches about 90% charge level (estimating based on the bar graph, it shows around 550mAH used) the led turns green. After some longer period of time, the led goes out. Palm support tells me that is the normal, expected action, though the manual doesn't mention the LED turning off after a period of time.

4) When I unplug the 800w from the charging cable and press the green talk button to wake it up, the screen doesn't turn on. That's when I have to remove and reinsert the battery.
    Hello all, new to the forum, great site with a lot of help.

I woke up to this same issue this morning. I left it charging last night, this morning, the phone would not turn on and once I removed the battery to reset, it turned on to a 35% charge.

Had a similar issue yesterday (normal use, not charging) and the phone would not turn on. Had to remove the battery. So I am not sure it is a charging issue....

Just when I get all the quirks of the 700wx down, I have to learn new ones. If anyone has any ideas as to what this may be and how to fix it, I'd like to see them.

A