Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I just tested it again with the Program and Notification boxes checked and it does work; however, the vibrate is so light and brief it's ridiculous. The only reason I even noticed it was because I was holding the phone in my hand and waiting for a message to come it. If my phone is in my pocket, there's no way I'll even feel that vibrate. There must be a hack or a regedit to make the vibrate stronger and longer. As it stands right now, it may as well not even vibrate because it's not even detectable.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I just tested it again with the Program and Notification boxes checked and it does work; however, the vibrate is so light and brief it's ridiculous. The only reason I even noticed it was because I was holding the phone in my hand and waiting for a message to come it. If my phone is in my pocket, there's no way I'll even feel that vibrate. There must be a hack or a regedit to make the vibrate stronger and longer. As it stands right now, it may as well not even vibrate because it's not even detectable.
    vibration is the #1 killer of batteries (it takes a lot of energy to shake your whole phone!), so devices these days have become more prudent in that regard...

Having said that I find the vibration adequate, though perhaps I'm quite sensitive, lol.

I posted a freeware app for reminders of missed calls and SMS in this forum (OS Remind ME) and for those reminders you can set the duration of the vibration (2, 3, 4 seconds) and the frequency e.g. every 2 mins.

So I suggest that for now.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Thanks Mal - I'll check out that app for sure. Is your vibration extremely brief and weak though? (I'm talking less than a second and barely perceptible).

I think it's pretty obvious that Palm did this on purpose to conserve battery life; however, they really should have just released the phone with a higher capacity battery than what the 800w ships with.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Thanks Mal - I'll check out that app for sure. Is your vibration extremely brief and weak though? (I'm talking less than a second and barely perceptible).

I think it's pretty obvious that Palm did this on purpose to conserve battery life; however, they really should have just released the phone with a higher capacity battery than what the 800w ships with.
    I think the length of the vibration is tied to the length of the sound associated to event. In other words, if you selected a single "beep" as the event sound, then the length of the vibration will be equally short.
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    I think the length of the vibration is tied to the length of the sound associated to event. In other words, if you selected a single "beep" as the event sound, then the length of the vibration will be equally short.
    yeah, I believe this is true to a certain extent.

psywzrd, you could record a blank 5-7second audio file and use that as your "ringer" if you just want silent notifications. That may work too...

ps, no my vibrate seems okay to me

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    yeah, I believe this is true to a certain extent.

psywzrd, you could record a blank 5-7second audio file and use that as your "ringer" if you just want silent notifications. That may work too...

ps, no my vibrate seems okay to me
    actually, that's a great idea--sounds like that may be a potential solution (at least for the length of the vibration). not sure what can be done for the "strength" of the vibration.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Actually I had selected the "No Sound" sound. I just unchecked the sound option altogether and now it works much better. I'm not sure what did the trick but I'm glad it works now. Thanks.
    On my Touch when it's on vibrate it does 3 short pulses when there's some sort of notification, regardless of what sound is tied to it. Does the Treo not work in the same way?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    On my Touch when it's on vibrate it does 3 short pulses when there's some sort of notification, regardless of what sound is tied to it. Does the Treo not work in the same way?
    no, but those "scripts" are adjustable via the registry on all WM devices

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having email notification issues? I am really enjoying the new Treo 800w but am having serious issues with email alerts. On a normal day I use the vibration notifications almost exclusively. I have received at least 30 emails today and have yet to get a notification. Yesterday it worked most of the day. I have reset my phone twice today attempting to resolve this, but I canít figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also does anyone know if/when the Treo Alert program will support vibrations? If I can get this one issue resolved, I think that I may of found my perfect Treo.
    This very reason, is why I LOVE Butler on the Palm OS.

I used to sometimes miss the vibrating alert, so I ended up setting it to vibrate two times. I get the vibrate, then it does it again 2 more times. There is also the option to repeat every so often (minutes)

I still have the blink LED going as well, so even if I happen to miss it and I take my phone out, the LED will show I missed something. This prevents me from turning it on all of the time.

Something like Butler would be phenomenal on the 800w. It's too bad Rob cant do that for WM software.

You can also set multiple alarms, you can have the LED be Red on charging, and Green when charges, as well as the LED OFF during the day.

I always see people walking around with their Treo, and the LED blinks to show it is on the network. What a waste I think, just like the keyboard lights on all day long.

It's simple programs like these, that make a WORLD of difference in a device. Unfortunately, I dont know anything like Butler for WM 6.1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12