Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I just ordered the 800w. First smartphone.

For work I have to access my schedule and appointments and to-do's through the company's website. So it's like a web based calendar. No outlook.

At home I use a bulky organizer and I'm hoping to start only using the 800w. Any one else transition from paper and pen to only using your smartphone?

On my personal laptop I do not have outlook. Is it true that all the programs on the phone sync with Outlook? Will this be a problem?

I'm considering using pocket informant.

Any suggestions about how to organize my life using this phone with no outlook on my PC?
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    The phone will come with Outlook that you can install on your laptop. The phone will sync all PIM (Personal Information Data like Calendar, Tasks, Notes, and Contacts) with Outlook when you sync with Activesync. Pocket Informant uses the same database that the default PIM apps do. If you create a calendar entry in Pocket Informant it will also show up in the default calendar and will sync to Outlook when you use Activesync.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    perfect, thank you!
    Outlook no nonger comes on the CD. You have to buy it.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.