Page 1 of 44 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    8.2 GM now available. Follow the link below to download. If you have beta 12 or later installed you do NOT need to uninstall first. The Installation will uninstall it for you. If you are using a prior build you will need to uninstall it first.

Thanks all for contributing and beta testing Treo Alert 8.2. It is now released for the general public. There will be a new 9.0 beta in the future that will contain any new features. Enjoy.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=2050

RealVGA users please read this post:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=394

See this post for how to customized the vibration settings
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=161

If you are using the Billboard plugin or Native WM plugin and want to hide the Sprint carrier plugin check out zbop's HideCarrier program at this thread.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174640

See this post for how to determine your weather city code if you don't have a zip code (for our intl friends).
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/1491679-post2096.html

What is Treo Alert you ask? Here are some of the features:
    - Highly configurable program that adds reminders and alerts for various system events such as pending Voice Mail, Missed Calls, SMS, Email and other reminders such as Calendar reminders and Alarms.
    - Can be configured to blink led when any of the above listed events occur.
    - Can be configured to vibrate when any of the above listed events occur.
    - Multi-color/blink rate LED settings
    - Unlimited number of vibe styles that can be configured for each type of event.
    - Rotating text display for notification counts, date, battery and signal percentage, available memory and Xcast weather.
    - Several Xcast weather display options. Weather can be configured for any zip code or country code worldwide.
    - Timer to control when events are monitored so you can have it automatically disable alerts at night.
    - Each type of alert can be disabled/enabled individually so if you don't want to be notified for Email's for example you can disable it.
    - Display rotation intervals and Reminder alert intervals are configurable.
    - Multiple today plugins are supported and can be switched at will.
    - Voice announce of pending alerts and last missed call
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hannip; 03/08/2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Treo Alert 8.2 GM now available
    Thank you, im in!

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I am not getting any LED alerts. Im pretty sure that I checked everything obvious.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I am not familiar with Windows Mobile OS. How do apps like this get installed?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    I am not familiar with Windows Mobile OS. How do apps like this get installed?

Thanks
    Just run it on your phone (the attached file (.cab))
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I am in.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Cool, EVDO Rev A is FAST... took all of 4 seconds to download. I have it installed, but not getting any LED activity on e-mail or more importantly, received / missed text message. I'll go back in and check the config once I'm out of this meeting.
  8.    #8  
    The alerts are disabled by default. You have to configure them on via the Alert Setting menu.

(4)=repeating reminder, vibe & LED
    (3)=repeating reminder & LED. If ringer switch if off then vibe
    (2)=repeating reminder & vibe
    (1)=LED only
    (D)=disabled (default)

Note vibe isn't working yet. Let me know if that gets you going. Have any of you seasoned TreoAert users got it working?
    LED's working but some of the EM counter is cut off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jrgtreo View Post

Hmmm, guess I need to try again. I could not get the LEDs working and I am familiar with the program.

Ill report back.
    Need another tester??

IGO
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I will try it
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrgtreo View Post
    Cool, yeah the truncated text is one of the known issues. You can also configure it to use a separate today plugin in the Configuration -> Display Configuration menu. Although it has it's own bugs too right now.

Probably the least buggy mode right now is to select "Leave My Carrier Display Alone" in the Display Settings Menu. This at least gives you the alerts, but doesn't print anything to the carrier line.

Another bug I found is that the number of missed text messages remains at 1 in the blinking status no matter how many texts are pending.
    As far I can tell the script was not able to install ledup.exe the first time around. This time it did and I got blinking LEDs, HUGE!

Ill keep playing with it. As on now I have the leave my carrier line alone.

Hannip- what is getting led speed and color control going to take?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Need another tester??

IGO
    Feel free. Follow the link in the first post. install the cab. Go to programs and there should be a Treo Alerts icon. Turn alerts on to your desired setting. Play with other configuration options. Let me know any problems not reported as known issues. thx
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    As far I can tell the script was not able to install ledup.exe the first time around. This time it did and I got blinking LEDs, HUGE!

Ill keep playing with it. As on now I have the leave my carrier line alone.

Hannip- what is getting led speed and color control going to take?
    Some investigation, some hacking, some time.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The alerts are disabled by default. You have to configure them on via the Alert Setting menu.

(4)=repeating reminder, vibe & LED
    (3)=repeating reminder & LED. If ringer switch if off then vibe
    (2)=repeating reminder & vibe
    (1)=LED only
    (D)=disabled (default)

Note vibe isn't working yet. Let me know if that gets you going. Have any of you seasoned TreoAert users got it working?
    Yep, found it during a lull in the meeting. Still need more time to play with it and see what it does, but I am pleased.

Again, I need to review it some more, but it seems that if there are any unread mail in my corporate acct, the LED flashes. Because I get so many e-mails, it'd be nice for the LED to go off once the most recent message is read. Is that possible & have I missed it?

Also, is there a way to configure alerts for unique e-mail accounts? Specifically Exchange Server vs all others such as POP3. If I could turn off the Exchange alerts and only be notified of POP3 e-mails, that'd be sweet.

But from what I've experienced so far, my biggest gripe with the Treo (no LED alerts on txt messages) has been eliminated for which I am extremely grateful! Thanks to the team for their work on this!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    Yep, found it during a lull in the meeting. Still need more time to play with it and see what it does, but I am pleased.

Again, I need to review it some more, but it seems that if there are any unread mail in my corporate acct, the LED flashes. Because I get so many e-mails, it'd be nice for the LED to go off once the most recent message is read. Is that possible & have I missed it?
    As soon as you dismiss the email notification and any other pending notification the blinking should stop.

Also, is there a way to configure alerts for unique e-mail accounts? Specifically Exchange Server vs all others such as POP3. If I could turn off the Exchange alerts and only be notified of POP3 e-mails, that'd be sweet.
    Nope. All or nothing right now. You can go to Configuration -> Alerts Configuration -> Configure Events to turn off email alerts. At some point I will add a way to set the type of alert per event. I'm not sure there is a way for me to distinguish the email account based on the notification info. Can put that on the to-do list.

But from what I've experienced so far, my biggest gripe with the Treo (no LED alerts on txt messages) has been eliminated for which I am extremely grateful! Thanks to the team for their work on this!
    np
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Some investigation, some hacking, some time.
    Thanks for your work. This is essential stuff to many of us.

I don't want to waste your time but I am curious as to what changes you had to make to get this app functioning on the 800 like it is now.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Thanks for your work. This is essential stuff to many of us.

I don't want to waste your time but I am curious as to what changes you had to make to get this app functioning on the 800 like it is now.
    I had to add the 800w to my devices.ini file so that TA could identify it has a Sprint Treo 800w. Then had to bring back the LedUP program since zbop's TreoLED caused problems on this device. Then I had to figure out that Palm reversed the device mapping between led and vibrate. Such tricksters. I'm sure you have other names for them.
Page 1 of 44 12345611 ... LastLast