Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
  1.    #161  
    One of the new features of beta11 is the ability to tweak any vibe setting by editing the multivibe parameters via the Tweak option after you select a vibe style.

The multivibe parameters consist of groupings of vibe length (-l) sleep (-s) and repeat (-r). The vibe length and sleep are in milliseconds (1000 = 1 second). Defaults are 0 for each.

Example for 3 short beeps. TreoAlerts has predefined values as follows.

-l 250 -s 200 -r 2

This translates to 250 milliseconds of vibe followed by 200 milliseconds of sleep then repeat 2 times. If you want even shorter beeps just reduce the times such as:

-l 200 -s 100 -r 2

Now let's take a look at the "long short long" setting.

-l 500 -s 200 -l 250 -s 200 -l 500

Notice that repeats are defaulted to 0 and same for the last sleep. You can leave out parameters as long as the groupings don't become ambiguous.

Note that if the length parameter in a subsequent group is left out or specified as 0 the repeat will apply to the entire preceeding series. For example to change the "long short long" to repeat 2 times you'd specify something like this:

-l 500 -s 200 -l 250 -s 200 -l 500 -l 0 -s 1000 -r 2

This plays the "long short long" series 3 times with a 1 second delay in between each.

You can really get carried away with this. For example if I wanted to repeat the entire above sequence 2 times with a 5 second pause in between you'd simply do this:

-l 500 -s 200 -l 250 -s 200 -l 500 -l 0 -s 1000 -r 2 -l 0 -s 5000 -r 1

It lets you be very creative.
    Last edited by hannip; 08/04/2008 at 10:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Look good, just grabbed a copy and am playing with configuration settings now. Will let you know if I run into any issues!
  3. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Having a little issue...

My today plugin is just sitting their on Loading...

I uninstalled the previous version and it reset the phone before I installed the new one. Any thoughts?
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Having a little issue...

My today plugin is just sitting their on Loading...

I uninstalled the previous version and it reset the phone before I installed the new one. Any thoughts?
    hmm, try a soft reset. Failing that reinstall. I've installed it many times on my 800w and also on the 700wx and never had it fail so far.
  5. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Same behavior after reset, reinstall, reset.

It is currently the only plug in active on the today screen but it just stops on Loading...

Going to send myself an alert and see if that "activates" it.

Nope, didn't. LED is blinking, but billboard today plug in just sits there on "Loading..."
  6. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Got it working... Needed to select what I wanted it to display after installing the today plug in.

I had done it when I first installed it, but the setting did not keep when I switched on the today plug in I guess, or I hit Leave my carrier screen alone and deselected my earlier display option.
  7. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    By the way, the vibration options are awesome! I can't wait to see how they work in practice.
  8.    #168  
    Ah, I never tried the plugin when I had "Leave My Carrier Display Alone" set. Yeah it just says Loading... since there is no text being wrote out to replace it. I'll add it to the known issues list. Guess I should put "No Display Options Selected" or something when that is the case.
    Is anyone else having problems uninstalling this program? The last two versions I have tried to uninstall prior to installing the upgrades have caused issued in the remove programs screen.

After uninstalling Treo Alert, the entry stays in the list but becomes associated with another program.

I thought the uninstall was not working so I ran it again and the second time it uninstalled pocket player. The entry for Treo Alert was still in the list so I thought WFT and clicked it again, this time it uninstalled google maps. Finally after the 3rd try, the Treo Alert entry disappeared from the list. This has happened when uninstalling beta 9 and now 10.
  10.    #170  
    hmm, something is corrupted on your treo is sounds. Time for a hard reset maybe.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Hannip

First, THANKYOU for all your help in this and other items!
    I now need a teeny tiny little itty bitty piece of help... (dont all the big projects start with that phrase? )

Is there any way to get this to work with good email and calendar. I have tried as many different combos as I can think of. All I want is a big giant alert for any calendar event coming out of my GOOD messaging calendar (linked back to a notes server). I would prefer audible, vibrate and a pop up, but anything is better than the current tiny litle bell on the top bar.
    Thanks for the help.
    Big thanks to hannip again! I have this new version installed... going to try it out soon.
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron C View Post
    Hannip

First, THANKYOU for all your help in this and other items!
    I now need a teeny tiny little itty bitty piece of help... (dont all the big projects start with that phrase? )

Is there any way to get this to work with good email and calendar. I have tried as many different combos as I can think of. All I want is a big giant alert for any calendar event coming out of my GOOD messaging calendar (linked back to a notes server). I would prefer audible, vibrate and a pop up, but anything is better than the current tiny litle bell on the top bar.
    Thanks for the help.
    If Good uses the OS's Sounds & Notifications it should be a fairly simple change to support it in TA. When you get an email or calendar reminder do you get a standard notification alert off of your left soft button? Do you get a little icon up at the top of the screen?

Here's what I need you to do. When you get an email or calendar event don't dismiss it. Use a registry editor and look up the value here:
    HKLM\System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active\CLSID

Copy and past the values and post them here. They should look similar to these:
    RemindGuid = "{15F11F90-8A5F-454C-89FC-BA9B7AAB0CAD}";
    SmsGuidPalm = "{283E0018-E5C9-44E4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3}";
    SmsGuidPout = "{A877D65B-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408}";
    EmailGuidPout = "{A877D65A-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408}";
    EmailGuidFlex = "{1B70F4A6-F103-40A1-82EC-45CC19E46889}";
    MCallGuid = "{A877D660-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408}";
    VMailGuid = "{A877D661-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408}";

btw, these are the GUID's that TreoAlerts currently supports.
    Last edited by hannip; 08/04/2008 at 04:32 PM.
    getting the same issue. the plugin is freezing my treo. I had to hard reset and re install a backup. tried again and froze my startup. again reinstall a backup. I went back to 10.
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    getting the same issue. the plugin is freezing my treo. I had to hard reset and re install a backup. tried again and froze my startup. again reinstall a backup. I went back to 10.
    The issue previously reported wasn't a freeze, but just a display setting issue. Can you explain a little more what is happening and at what point? Do you get a "freeze" when not using the today plugin?
    first time it completely froze once I went t the today screen. 2nd time I went to the today scren and it was just froze but I was able to go to other screen. just couldn't move around the today scren. I will probally try it again tonight if I don't get home late from work.
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    first time it completely froze once I went t the today screen. 2nd time I went to the today scren and it was just froze but I was able to go to other screen. just couldn't move around the today scren. I will probally try it again tonight if I don't get home late from work.
    hmm, I rarely use the billboard plugin, but when I tested it out I flipped back and forth several times without seeing any issues. When switching to the plugin a refresh of the today screen is done to get it to refresh the screen plugins just like the Today settings does when you enable a plugin. I'm wondering if that is conflicting with some other software. Do you use HTC Home plugin or any custom today screen software?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    is there a way to edit the items "watched"? I only need email & voicemail and would really like it to display over the carrier line. TO see the email counter I have no choice but to use billboard display. This is the only thing keeping me going back to PA at this point.

Thanks!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    is there a way to edit the items "watched"? I only need email & voicemail and would really like it to display over the carrier line. TO see the email counter I have no choice but to use billboard display. This is the only thing keeping me going back to PA at this point.

Thanks!
    Yeah, I'll fix the carrier display issues in the next drop. So you want a display option to only show the alerts that you have configured to be enabled? Sounds like an easy thing to do.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yeah, I'll fix the carrier display issues in the next drop. So you want a display option to only show the alerts that you have configured to be enabled? Sounds like an easy thing to do.
    Exactly. This would be perfect!!

Thanks!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast